• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

I dunno both Michiko and Hatchin and InuYasha The Final Act were horribly disappointing, though InuYasha I can forgive because they had the impossible task of condensing half a series into 26 episodes to satisfy people who had seen the previous 170ish.

M&H had no excuse, it had all the talent in the world behind it and they came up with nothing worthwhile.

Let's give this girl a hand for putting up with all this.
dang%20girl_zpsgwdblkjo.jpg

tumblr_mg0o75jTNB1rpgrmko1_500.gif

Only reason I didn't skip the show every week. Most competent character.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Y'all really trying to tell me you prefer SAO II and AGK!
At least those are memorably stupid/bad and evoke emotions.

For the most part, I was just "meeehhhh" on the show, save for moments like that one hitman after Michiko, the one episode on that pole dancer & her daughter, & such, but they far from save the series from being interesting.

Raxus

Boy, I'm glad my first viewing of M&H wasn't with ToonamiGAF. Not a perfect show by any means, but I enjoyed it. I do like that final scene at the end a lot (along with the song preceding it). And, hey, two women as the protagonists...don't see that very often in any form of media.

Fun, but flawed ride.

Pretty much my feelings. It was anti-climatic (which I can understand the hate for) but in some ways it is appropriate considering Hiroshi was ALWAYS going to be a scumbag and Michiko couldn't keep running forever. It was a nice change of pace after all the awful we have been getting.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
this show is realistic in relationships, maybe too realistic, Hiroshi is a fuck boI with no secret reason for why he left out, he did because that's what some assholes do, mitchiko was hopelessly in a broken relationship with the guy, anybody could see that he wasent worth it, except his then gf, Satoshi just got killed in the back of an alley by some dudes who weren't important to the plot at all with no resolution he migut have been looking for with hiroshi, and hatchin ended up growing and having a child also without a man to help her take care of it.

To put it simply, that's life.

Man, that ending was kind of a let down. What did any of it really mean? All that build up and for what? Just to reinforce that Hiroshi was a piece of shit and the true meaningful relationship was Michiko and Hatchin's? I mean, come on. It was obvious from about the 5th episode. Where was the face punching? I wanted to see Hiroshi get his comeuppance. *sigh* Maybe this anime was all about subverting anime tropes. Not all bad guys get what's coming to them or something. Idk. In conclusion, I give Michiko & Hatchin an 8 out of 10. It'd have rated much lower than that if it wasn't for how awesome Hatchin remained throughout the show. Time for Naruto Shippuden.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
7/10 show

Yeah, Michiko e Hatchin is sort of the definition of a 7.5/10 show to me. Has a lot of good qualities, a few bad, has a good deal of potential, doesn't quite realize all of it. Generally good, but notably flawed.

And Hatchin is an A+ child character.

And anybody who expected anything different out of Hiroshi in the end just wasn't paying attention. :D

from what i gather the show doesn't hold up so well week to week as it does on a more frequent schedule

I did watch it in chunks my first time, but I meant more of the
hive mentality GAF tends to have all across the boards about something. I liked it, screw the hate boners. Heh...screw the boners

This was probably the least satisfying ending that I've witnessed in quite some time.

I've seen worse shows than this (both seasons of SAO, GXP), but at the same time, it felt like it just amounted to a whole lot of nothing. It was just...there, more or less.

SAO and GXP are at least entertainingly bad, M&H frequently falls into the same tier of boring that Shippuden falls into.

For the most part, I was just "meeehhhh" on the show, save for moments like that one hitman after Michiko, the one episode on that pole dancer & her daughter, & such, but they far from save the series from being interesting.

The only emotion reaction I get from SAO and Akame Ga Kill is cringe.

Well, Akame does put me sleep occasionally.

Line_HTX

this show is realistic in relationships, maybe too realistic, Hiroshi is a fuck boI with no secret reason for why he left out, he did because that's what some assholes do, mitchiko was hopelessly in a broken relationship with the guy, anybody could see that he wasent worth it, except his then gf, Satoshi just got killed in the back of an alley by some dudes who weren't important to the plot at all with no resolution he migut have been looking for with hiroshi, and hatchin ended up growing and having a child also without a man to help her take care of it.

Shit's life for sure.

Moaradin

Michiko and Hatchin is way better then fuckin Terror in Resonance. Don't you tell me otherwise.

Terror in Resonance could have been amazing. Parts of that show WAS amazing. The music, the directing early on... fuck man so much potential.

My worry early on was always the motivation of the main characters. And that was exactly the thing the show failed at. Well, and Five.

Crocodile

M&H had a lot of warts and it took a while for me to warm up to but in the end I'd consider it a good/very good show that I had a good time with. One of the better shows of the year <3

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/675930284089597952

Apparently they tried to get Lupin III: The woman Called Fujiko Mine at some point

Oh so they aren't turned off by Lupin forever? I hear that show wasn't great but I've been liking the new series airing right now

Well......this song is a little bit catchy.

.............so would anyone be mad if I nominated this show for "most disappointing"?

As long as you acknowledge it was still one of the best shows we had on this year

All those people died for this guy?

Not unlike real life to be fair :(

pretty anti-climactic ending but I guess that's the point? There was no way anybody was getting a satisfying ending with Hiroshi. The dude was a scumbag from the beginning and I kinda appreciate that the show stuck with that lol

Yeah this and Satoshi's death weren't what I'd call super satisfying but they not only went against expected cliches but makes sense thematically with what the show was trying to do.

Pretty much my feelings. It was anti-climatic (which I can understand the hate for) but in some ways it is appropriate considering Hiroshi was ALWAYS going to be a scumbag and Michiko couldn't keep running forever. It was a nice change of pace after all the awful we have been getting.

I agree with both these posts

Overall I still like the show and I don't mind shows that are more narrative and take time to play out, but the resolution of the show is "the cycle of poverty continued"?! And great, at the end she's reunited with someone who has repeatedly almost gotten her killed. And she has a son to take care of during the new adventures! Fantastic!
At least M&H has a Best Moment contender with Drunk Hatchin.
I do hope there's little argument with this. But it's a highlight of the incredible up and down nature of the show. I remember that scene quite well, but I cannot remotely remember the circumstances surrounding it anymore or how we got there. It was this one-off ridiculous moment to enjoy, surrounded by nothing memorable for two episodes on either side.

Mizerman

Eh. All SAO and AgK evoke in me are things like "why am I watching this?" or "overrated."

Korigama

Best thing to come out of the show.
SAO and GXP are at least entertainingly bad, M&H frequently falls into the same tier of boring that Shippuden falls into.
For me, I couldn't even find entertainment in how bad GXP was. With the exception of one episode, which had an actual interesting plot point to explore only for it to be dropped completely after the end of that same episode, it was so thoroughly terrible that I have no question that it was one of the worst shows that anyone was ever paid to think up and then subsequently devote the necessary resources and manpower to create as a product for mass consumption.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
hive mentality GAF tends to have all across the boards about something. I liked it, screw the hate boners. Heh...screw the boners
I think TooNamigaf has been pretty divisive when it comes to M&H, it's not straight up, "we heard it's bad or someone thinks it's bad therefore everything it does is bad" We sometimes fall into.

No one here is really hating the show. Thinking a show is average isn't the same as having a hate boner.

Top Bottom