• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I wanted to like Michiko and Hatchin, I really did but it just didn't bring the emotional resonance needed with its characters and yes I did like Kill la Kill more because of that.

Crocodile

So basically the entire last 90 minutes of Toonami are a barren wasteland of a black hole of suck for months now?

Maybe for you but I don't think anyone else but you shares that opinion in this thread

*raises hand*

Kill la Kill had the pedigree to be legendary ala TTGL. It fell way short.

Korigama

tumblr_mchb7ezwGv1qdn14l.gif
I couldn't simply lie about how I felt about the matter. The sad thing is, I went in expecting to hate AGK and love M&H when the shows were first announced for Toonami.

Here's dessert:
I quite enjoyed KLK, and only thought TTGL was okay at best. I liked it better on my second viewing than the first, but overall don't agree with the amount of praise that it gets. I don't consider it a GOAT mecha show, and not even top ten anime for me personally.

Line_HTX

I only saw the first episode of Terror in Resonance, but from what I sussed out courtesy of the interwebz, I figured out thematically what the show was about and had pretty perfectly predicted (alliteration!) what it ended up doing. So disappointing.

2014 was unfortunately the year that proved Watanabe is fallible, too, for me. (I didn't care for Space Dandy.)

:mad:

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So basically the entire last 90 minutes of Toonami are a barren wasteland of a black hole of suck for months now?

*raises hand*

What's wrong with Samurai Champloo?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I think the majority already say KLK prior and when the series ended, except a couple people, everyone else really liked it and still liked it after a 2nd viewing

*raises hand*

Michiko and Hatchin had the pedigree to be legendary ala Samurai Champloo. It fell way short

I can play this game too

Raxus

It tried something different and as time goes on I appreciate KLK more and more. And what else were you expecting out of the pedigree of TTGL. You just want to watch more TTGL? Watch TTGL! KLK is it's own thing.

Line_HTX

I'm pretty sure I saw more disappointment surrounding Kill la Kill than total rage about Michiko and Hatchin

Yeah, there were a handful of people that were disappointed with Kill la Kill, but definitely there was way more negativity towards Michiko.

Michiko is flawed, no question, but it's not the worst thing ever just because it was different.

Michiko and Hatchin had the pedigree to be legendary ala Samurai Champloo. It fell way short

I can play this game too

Curious to know if it was it the same people working on Michiko and Hatchin? Just because its the same studio, that doesn't mean its directed and written by the same people

Curious to know if it was it the same people working on Michiko and Hatchin? Just because its the same studio, that doesn't mean its directed and written by the same people

Both shows had Watanabe involvement, but he didn't share comparable roles between the two shows...

They share the same studio, but different people probably worked at the studio to be honest when the two shows were made.

well not really since the people involved weren't involved in Champloo in the same capacity

Michiko and Hatchin also started very strong and seemed to have a lot of potential it squandered

KLK was very consistent though it's run, I feel like some people walked into it expecting TTGL2, saw it wasn't that and decided it was the worst thing ever. I can at least get why people like Gucci didn't like it due to the excessive fan service and over the top that was too much for him.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yeah, there were a handful of people that were disappointed with Kill la Kill, but definitely there was way more negativity towards Michiko.

Michiko is flawed, no question, but it's not the worst thing ever just because it was different.

I think the fact that M&H was so different is why people really tried to get invested, I know I did, I loved the setting, I loved the music, I loved the representation but the characters, story construction and pacing just wasn't very good.

Korigama

Watanabe produced it, but he didn't direct it. Completely different writer from Samurai Champloo as well.

Top Bottom