• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Anyone else kind of surprised that TFA is at a 95 on RottenTomatoes?

Since RT calculates out based on what reviews are positive, not really. Metacritic takes the base score as an aggregate and it has an 81 there which is more fitting.

The third movie is pretty cool. That's when it actually starts covering more than the anime did, and it was able to show events in a much more brutal way.

Actually kind of think that movie went too far? There's a lot of cool parts but I think it kind of glorified the Eclipse and reveled in it in this kind of gross way

Man God

Non-Canon Member
GKRFi6C.gif

That movie still wasn't as brutal as the manga version lol

It went further. There was a lot of stuff added, the
Casca rape scene was extended and there were multiple grisly details, like showing the sinew, bone and flesh rip off of Guts' arm has he broke out of the demon's jaw

It is the best of the movies though. TV Anime version of the eclipse was better.

Moaradin

It went further. There was a lot of stuff added, the
Casca rape scene was extended and there were multiple grisly details, like showing the sinew, bone and flesh rip off of Guts' arm has he broke out of the demon's jaw

It is the best of the movies though. TV Anime version of the eclipse was better.

Anime has no Skull Knight so it automatically loses!

Do you guys think Tom will now wander the universe in a despondent state?

Like well...

I'm annoyed that this Chief wasn't really in the game at all.

Plot twist:
SARA becomes the new intruder and decides the mantle of responsibility should be for the created. TOM has no choice but to kill her.

Yeah that ticked me off too, and if it wasn't for Buck I wouldn't have cared for team nofuckstogive and been more pissed off, its good they replaced Spartan Thorne with Buck at the last second.

Yeah, I would think the new permanent style would be introduced tonight.

Don't know if it matters, but the One Piece Marathon promo they showed during Pre-Flight had the "broken" style of last week.

But that could be a head fake.

If I'm honest, I kinda like the blue text look.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, didn't even notice that. Those bumps continue to impress. I look forward to seeing the new ones that we'll get.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Don't know if it matters, but the One Piece Marathon promo they showed during Pre-Flight had the "broken" style of last week.

But that could be a head fake.

If I'm honest, I kinda like the blue text look.

They did a bait and switch in the version of the promo they showed on last week's Pre-Flight, too.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, its a Super Saiyan holiday marathon. Three and a half hours of nothing but Goku vs. Frieza.

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 44 - A Boundary-Pushing Brawl! Goku, Frieza, and Ginyu Again!?
12:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 45 - Kaio-Ken Times Twenty! An All-Or-Nothing Kamehame-Ha!
1:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 46 - The Final Trump Card! Goku's Ultimate Spirit Bomb!
1:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 47 - Awaken, Legendary Warrior! Goku the Super Saiyan!
2:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 48 - The Angry Super Saiyan! Goku Throws Down the Gauntlet!
2:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 49 - Avenge the Fallen, Goku! Countdown to the Planet's Destruction!
3:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 50 - Full Power Frieza! Shenron, Grant Our Wish!

ckohler

I'm not going to be here tonight for the marathon. I'll DVR so I can watch the Intruder II finale tomorrow and chime on what happened.

Seda

okay cool. intruder worth watching? or reading or whatever

Sure, it's not like it's especially long. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_rgEteeEkY . There are 6 episodes out, the 7th/last airs tonight.

Also since it's been a while since you've been around: Sentai Filmworks is putting their shows on Toonami now, starting with Akame ga Kill and Parasyte. The former has a dub straight out the the 90s, the latter's is okay.

One Piece is in post-Enies Lobby filler for ~3 months (once we are out of marathons). Naruto for 6 months.

Tonight on Toonami, its a Super Saiyan holiday marathon. Three and a half hours of nothing but Goku vs. Frieza.

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 44 - A Boundary-Pushing Brawl! Goku, Frieza, and Ginyu Again!?
12:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 45 - Kaio-Ken Times Twenty! An All-Or-Nothing Kamehame-Ha!
1:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 46 - The Final Trump Card! Goku's Ultimate Spirit Bomb!
1:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 47 - Awaken, Legendary Warrior! Goku the Super Saiyan!
2:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 48 - The Angry Super Saiyan! Goku Throws Down the Gauntlet!
2:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 49 - Avenge the Fallen, Goku! Countdown to the Planet's Destruction!
3:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 50 - Full Power Frieza! Shenron, Grant Our Wish!

Oh goody, looks like I can catch up on what I missed.

& then all of ToonamiGAF was high school anime girls.

Oh, it uses that Live2D program? Has there been any updates on that? It looks rather interesting & it's the style I would love to see used for anime-based games.

Not as far as I know, but I think the SAO games might use Live2D.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not as far as I know, but I think the SAO games might use Live2D.
I feel like Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax used that for the cutscenes, & while it looks fine on certain characters, it just has a really bad "uncanny valley" look on other characters.

I really dig the styles done by games like GG Xrd or AA5 or shorts like Paperboy where it's 3D trying to emulate 2D, which makes it look rather nice if done correctly.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Since tonight's a marathon, I guess I'll check the new One Piece TV special
*Funimation isn't releasing it until tomorrow* ... Damn.

Jintor

How long have you been gone, Jintor?

year and a half on the reg.

i'm not joining you tonight either, i need to prep for my flight home (just for a holiday, I'm out here for another half year)

sadly I just think toonamigaf might be incompatible with having a full time job since I actually use my weekends nowadays (toonami is on at like 1pm-6pm sunday my time)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
year and a half on the reg.

i'm not joining you tonight either, i need to prep for my flight home (just for a holiday, I'm out here for another half year)

sadly I just think toonamigaf might be incompatible with having a full time job since I actually use my weekends nowadays (toonami is on at like 1pm-6pm sunday my time)

Gib Andrex ( つ◕_◕)つ

Top Bottom