• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

It's not like her previous design wasn't cute.

giphy.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Are there Prison School fans here?

Does anyone know how many volumes the anime covers? I bought the first volume and really like it, but the next one comes out in a few weeks and then the 3rd one comes out in March. I'd like to wait because the manga seems great, but I also just want more of the story.
It ends around chapter 81, which would be volume....9, I think? So you've got QUITE a ways before the manga catches up with the anime in the states.

It ends around chapter 81, which would be volume....9, I think? So you've got QUITE a ways before the manga catches up with the anime in the states.

Damn. How is the pacing then? That's like almost 9 chapters an episode?
I'm used to the Naruto or OP 2-3 chapters an episode haha.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd say it was rather well done. Remember that the panels can be bigger at times & are more of just the infamous "reaction faces" & such. For example, the first episode covers 6 chapters, then episode 2 covers chapters 6 through 12, & ep. 3 is chapters 13 through 20. There's a few minor things cut out or shortened that most likely don't affect the plot, which probably help for the lower episode count.

DeMarco on twitter said first to level 9000 on the app gets a prize and that AgK marathon ratings were a success beat "the competition" and did better then a movie would have

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
DeMarco on twitter said first to level 9000 on the app gets a prize and that AgK marathon ratings were a success beat "the competition" and did better then a movie would have
MOTIVATION RETURNED!! I'm at level 315 now.

Demarco also said "Also, memo to everyone crying about AGK marathon on Halloween- ratings were fine, we won the night vs competition & did better than movies!"

Crocodile

That marathon seems on the weak side performance wise. Either the Toonami audience has better taste than I thought (though even if its airing crap I'd like to see Toonami with high ratings because its good for the block) or more of the Toonami audience was out and about than compared to previous marathons. I ran into more than one drunk person this weekend, I wonder how many of them are Toonami watchers :p

On a side note, the Indivisible prototype is now up on PSN for PS4. Try it out, tell your friends and contribute if you can :)

EDIT: Oh well if Demarco et al are happy with the ratings, then good :)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Leave it to DeMarco to trumpet merely beating some of the worst ratings of the post-revival era as some kind of "in your face, haters!" triumph.

Those in-demo numbers for the AKG marathon are Adult Swim Action level numbers.

Leave it to DeMarco to trumpet merely beating some of the worst ratings of the post-revival era as some kind of "in your face, haters!" triumph.

Those in-demo numbers for the AKG marathon are Adult Swim Action level numbers.

I don't think comparing a rerun marathon on a holiday night to asa premier numbers is a fair comparison either way

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think comparing a rerun marathon on a holiday night to asa premier numbers is a fair comparison either way

True it's not completely fair, though you might be forgetting how ASA nights used to work. You guys are a little spoiled by all premieres, all the time, maybe. 2 or 3 premieres in a 6 hour programming block used to be a pretty busy night under the old ASA system.

Line_HTX

I think we're fortunate enough to have this kind of a bump from ASA. If it was great under the old system, then this sure as hell is a big success.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've reached level 701 with 31,500 taps on the Toonami app.

.....that prize is gonna be worth it, right? Or at the very least, the honor of ToonamiGAF depends on someone here earning the title of reaching it first?

I've reached level 701 with 31,500 taps on the Toonami app.

.....that prize is gonna be worth it, right? Or at the very least, the honor of ToonamiGAF depends on someone here earning the title of reaching it first?

wait thats how you level? zzzzzz

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You score "double" during a Toonami airing, so could probably try to tap like hell during commercials & during Shippuden.

Maybe Demarco will tease what the prize is the closer people get. I don't want "I tapped an icon a crapton of times & all I got was this Toonami shirt."

Line_HTX

You score "double" during a Toonami airing, so could probably try to tap like hell during commercials & during Shippuden.

Maybe Demarco will tease what the prize is the closer people get. I don't want "I tapped an icon a crapton of times & all I got was this Toonami shirt."

Watch as someone already beat you to the top.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
True it's not completely fair, though you might be forgetting how ASA nights used to work. You guys are a little spoiled by all premieres, all the time, maybe. 2 or 3 premieres in a 6 hour programming block used to be a pretty busy night under the old ASA system.
Poor summer children don't know what winter is like.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I reached level 1,000. 46,500 taps. & now it takes a whopping 200 taps (though one tap = 3 taps/points for some reason, so, closer to 65 per level) to level up.

I think I underestimated how long it was going to take to beat Demarco's challenge.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I reached level 1,000. 46,500 taps. & now it takes a whopping 200 taps (though one tap = 3 taps/points for some reason, so, closer to 65 per level) to level up.

I think I underestimated how long it was going to take to beat Demarco's challenge.

You're not even at his final trump card yet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Weird thing is, something DID happen once I reached 1,000. The progress bar at the top changes to an actual meter instead of little bars.

If anything, I kind of wish you unlocked backgrounds & ringtones via leveling up. Would've helped to give it more purpose.

I'll wait a bit on my next update so I don't keep bugging you guys about the same thing.

ckohler

I'd wager it only exists just so they can say there is a "Toonami app" and possibly to try and encourage people to tweet Toonami related hashtags.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I mentioned that during TOONAMI the friend I was watching it with could only take so much AGK and we took an hour break before the sexy Exdeath episode to watch the pilot of Fate/Zero.

We enjoyed the show but when various people were trumpeting which historical figure/spirit animal/whatever the fuck they were summoning I blurted out, I summon POT OF GREED, giving me two historical figures and we couldn't stop laughing for a good five minutes.

What is Yugi doing?

NO YUGI NO!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I mentioned that during TOONAMI the friend I was watching it with could only take so much AGK and we took an hour break before the sexy Exdeath episode to watch the pilot of Fate/Zero.

We enjoyed the show but when various people were trumpeting which historical figure/spirit animal/whatever the fuck they were summoning I blurted out, I summon POT OF GREED, giving me two historical figures and we couldn't stop laughing for a good five minutes.

That was a weird and long story with a pretty amazing ending lol

Fate/Zero is preeeeetty amazing

I was never clear on how the shadow realm worked in Yu-Gi-Oh!

Like, does Yugi just flat out murder people in the anime? And his friends are just okay with that?

Even Hiroto?
Honda-ep48-whatishedoing.jpg

Top Bottom