• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

ckohler

Found out Seven Deadly Sins recently got a dub. Checked Netflix and guess who voices the main protagonist?

Smallberries himself!

I liked the first episode when I saw it awhile ago guess I'll watch the dub on netflix

I've watched a couple of episodes and I thought it was pretty good. It's certainly a much better show than AgK. :p The variety of the characters was unique and the overall tone was light-hearted and fun. I especially liked the character Diane.

Does this being on Netflix mean it can't air on Toonami?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
1vmhbep.jpg

Saban Brands somehow still thinks it's the 90's when it comes to anime. Their Digimon Xros Wars dub is loaded with a lot of the sins from 90's dubs like lull destruction, awful puns, pointless name changes (Lilithmon became Laylamon even though Lilithmon already existed), and just not fun to watch.

Wait, for real? That sounds like 4Kids naming conventions.

Funny thing is, there was a point where 4Kids had the rights to Pretty Cure, and planned to call it that. But it was never dubbed by them and plans fell through (probably fallout from One Piece)
I suspect there will be 4Kids-style editing as they're taking a 48 episode season and only releasing 40 episodes. Hoo boy...

I like Concrete Revolutio, though I'm probably in the minority there.
It's an oddity of a show, and one that simultaneously requires viewers to think a bit and also to recognize when something is just random bullshit.
(There's a magical girl, who can do magical things, and yet she's strangely kind of an introductory/background character so far.)

But sometimes when I look at it, all I can think to myself, you know, Bones, you possibly could have just made more Space Dandy instead of this.

Also, the fact that Fallout 4 doesn't run great at launch shouldn't surprise anyone too much.

This is a Bethesda made game after. Their technical prowess is matched only by their writing prowess.

bigkrev

I've watched a couple of episodes and I thought it was pretty good. It's certainly a much better show than AgK. :p The variety of the characters was unique and the overall tone was light-hearted and fun. I especially liked the character Diane.

It's a Netflix Original, on the level of House of Cards and Daredevil. It's not coming to TV.

Yes, this is the stupidest thing ever.

Line_HTX

CTRC62_XAAArK6t.jpg:large

"SHUT UUUUUP!"

Man, Mine's and Esdeath's voices are the best.

Also from @Sentaifilmworks:

"Chelsea: Everyone who died was incompetent.
Susanoo: ...We should eat something."

Susano'o has his priorities straightened out, haha

Toonami could use a good show that will be around for a while. The current line-up is pretty weak to be honest..

Ratings wise every show is strong with op being the weakest.

Let Sentai dub it and it'd probably feel just as bad as agk

Soulflarz

Banned
And Bloodborne, and any other big release.

Well, MGSV/Fallout are probably going to have more threads, since most BB threads would have to be spoiler tagged

Seda can you protect me from a ban if I make a LTTP Fallout 4 thread with the argument since everyone been playing it for awhile through VPNs, I felt LTTP was valid.

The Seven Deadly Sins anime is a lot of fun. The battles have are good, the characters are all likable, and there are scenes like this (only version I could find). The only thing stopping me from recommending it to everyone is the prevalence of "wacky comedy" scenes where Meliodas molests Elizabeth. It's a shame, because the other female characters in the show are otherwise treated pretty well for a shonen.

Both of the endings are great, too, though the openings are merely OK.
Ending 1
Ending 2 (only spoilers are character designs)

Soulflarz

Banned
If I post it, assume it's my opinion. It's obviously not factually bad considering how many do like it. I just hate combat games that are slow. zzzzz

I think the difference was clarified because a lot of GAF actually has this weird blurred line where subjective becomes objective for no apparent reason.

bigkrev

You aren't wrong. Buying a Bethesda game one launch day is just asking for a buggy mess.

Is Activision the only major US publisher that hasn't had a burning tire fire of a launch this generation? EA had Battlefield 4, 2K STILL can't get working online in their Basketball games, WB has repeatedly shat the bed on PC this year, Ubi had Unity, ect.

Is Activision the only major US publisher that hasn't had a burning tire fire of a launch this generation? EA had Battlefield 4, 2K STILL can't get working online in their Basketball games, WB has repeatedly shat the bed on PC this year, Ubi had Unity, ect.

Diablo III was kind of the original burning tire fire launch so I wouldn't pat them on the back.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

The PC version of Black Ops III is Arkahm Knight bad.
Then again, the CoD audience is on consoles so they probably didn't give a fuck.

And yeah, Diablo III

Line_HTX

I'm amazed at how much WB is turning into a dumpster fire.

EA had more than just BF4 issues. Their other games drew ire as well.

Line_HTX

The majority of the masses are pouring into Black Ops III on consoles, so it could set yet another record. Halo 5 won't hold a candle.

;)

I played Halo 5 at a friend's house. Didn't beat it, just checked it out.

It's alright.

The prometheans still aren't fun to fight though.

And I laughed when they
canned the main villain of the last game off screen.

Raxus

It's rather disheartening that most of the big name launches (WiiU aside) have been messes in some way shape or form. Evolve had that preorder mess. Batman had PC issues. Assassin's Creed is dwindling in popularity per release. Call of Duty had problems with PC. Bloodborne had issues with load times (later fixed thank god). Tons of big budget titles got pushed to 2016. 2015 is really shaping up to be one of the worst years for gaming. The two brightest spots have been Splatoon, The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne. Everything else is rereleases.

bigkrev

It's rather disheartening that most of the big name launches (WiiU aside) have been messes in some way shape or form. Evolve had that preorder mess. Batman had PC issues. Assassin's Creed is dwindling in popularity per release. Call of Duty had problems with PC. Bloodborne had issues with load times (later fixed thank god). Tons of big budget titles got pushed to 2016. 2015 is really shaping up to be one of the worst years for gaming. The two brightest spots have been Splatoon, The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne. Everything else is rereleases.

We got Life is Strange and Rocket League this year. It's one of the better years in recent memory.

Also, Nintendo is not without blame.

Remember when the 3DS launched without an eshop?
Or how they spent almost a full year with a completely fucked Amiibo situation in the US that it was cheaper to import them from other countries?

I feel the worst thing I can say about the videogame industry right now is that the biggest surprise of the year is that Assassin Creed Syndicate is pretty good.

Splatoon was the only other thing that really took me by surprise.

I'd like to say that Undertale was a surprise because I have never heard of it before it released but that would be completely ignoring the 200,000 people who told me how good it was and how much I would like it

They were dead on for once too!

Raxus

We got Life is Strange and Rocket League this year. It's one of the better years in recent memory.

Also, Nintendo is not without blame.

Remember when the 3DS launched without an eshop?
Or how they spent almost a full year with a completely fucked Amiibo situation in the US that it was cheaper to import them from other countries?

Long standing problems with Nintendo sadly. NoA is also a piece of shit and has been for ages. That aside I am merely focusing on software releases which Nintendo still aces.

LiS and RL along with Undertale are great GotY contenders. With AAA development becoming bloated as it is I think it is about time an indie deserves mass recognition for GotY (too bad The Witcher was released this year)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Aw yeah, just got an email from TOM HIMSELF.

"Congratulations on achieving level 9000 on the new app! We are working on making the prize and will touch base in the coming weeks to let you know our progress.

Thanks!
TOM"

EVEN SIGNED IT HIMSELF. Guessing I'll get an update next month.

Top Bottom