• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Crocodile

The Fallout threads make me appreciate that AAA gaming has become less and less appealing to overall in the past few years.

Sidenote, I'm going to ask this question again because I didn't get much of a response and I don't know if its because of a lack of interest or just not enough people saw it:

"A while back we were able to get Steve Blum to say a bit for Toonami. If I could get a voice message for a VA that has been on a Toonami show (like say Ryuko or Ragyo's VA), would people be interested if it required pooling some money together (i.e. its something I'd have to pay for but I can't front the entire cost myself). We could vote out of the available options (so it wouldn't have to be one of them)"

List of VAs (bolded the ones I KNOW have had a role on a Toonami show):

Rich Brown
Christine Marie Cabanos (Shiemi from BE, MAKO)
Erin Fitzgerald
Kyle Hebert (Aizen, Gohan, Ryuji Suguro from BE, Kamina, Kiba)
Kai Kennedy
Cassandra Lee (Leafa/Suguha, Saki Mikajima from Durararara)
Danielle McRae
Erica Mendez (Ryuko, Yuuki)
Matt Mercer (Mikisugi, also Emiya in Fate/Zero and English Jotaro)
Laura Post (Ragyo)
Patrick Seitz (Gamagoori, Kenpachi, FRANKY, MOTHER FUCKING DIO BRANDO)
Christopher Smith (Kittan, Spandam)
Kaiji Tang (Tsumugu)
Kimlinh Tran
Josh Tomar
Cristina Vee (Ririka from Bleach)

Grexeno

The Fallout threads make me appreciate that AAA gaming has become less and less appealing to overall in the past few years.

Sidenote, I'm going to ask this question again because I didn't get much of a response and I don't know if its because of a lack of interest or just not enough people saw it:

"A while back we were able to get Steve Blum to say a bit for Toonami. If I could get a voice message for a VA that has been on a Toonami show (like say Ryuko or Ragyo's VA), would people be interested if it required pooling some money together (i.e. its something I'd have to pay for but I can't front the entire cost myself). We could vote out of the available options (so it wouldn't have to be one of them)"

List of VAs (bolded the ones I KNOW have had a role on a Toonami show):

Rich Brown
Christine Marie Cabanos (Shiemi from BE, MAKO)
Erin Fitzgerald
Kyle Hebert (Aizen, Gohan, Ryuji Suguro from BE, Kamina, Kiba)
Kai Kennedy
Cassandra Lee (Leafa/Suguha, Saki Mikajima from Durararara)
Danielle McRae
Erica Mendez (Ryuko, Yuuki)
Matt Mercer (Mikisugi, also Emiya in Fate/Zero and English Jotaro)
Laura Post (Ragyo)
Patrick Seitz (Gamagoori, Kenpachi, FRANKY, MOTHER FUCKING DIO BRANDO)
Christopher Smith (Kittan, Spandam)
Kaiji Tang (Tsumugu)
Kimlinh Tran
Josh Tomar
Cristina Vee (Ririka from Bleach)
Do you mean like the Steve Blum thread intro? In that case, I vote Matthew Mercer.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Good shit again, Zonic.

I kind of wish this app didn't lag hard and heat up my phone.
I had that exact problem, especially in the finishing stretch since I had my phone on for so long. I got a cheap LG Tribute since I just bought a phone for the sake of having one in order to get rid of our landline & my family kept bugging me. I'll probably upgrade to something nicer once I get my car fixed this week & hopefully have enough money left over to get a PS4 on Black Friday.

Now that I think about it, wonder what deals Funimation will have. Probably won't get anything, but still will be interesting to see.

Edit: What about JYB, considering how many voices he's done for Toonami shows.

Raxus

If I could I would pay money to hear Kyle Herbert say "Toonami, All According to Keikaku" as Aizen or Patrick Seitz to say "YOU THOUGHT IT WAS TOONAMI BUT IT WAS I, DIO!" as DIO.

Crocodile

Do you mean like the Steve Blum thread intro? In that case, I vote Matthew Mercer.

Exactly like that. Or some sort of greeting/shoutout to ToonamiGAF. I ask because it will cost me a good deal of money to do it and while I can cover most of the cost I'd really prefer not to cover the full cost. So I wanted to ask if y'all (as a group) could reimburse me for $100 of it? Is that too much?

Edit: What about JYB, considering how many voices he's done for Toonami shows.

JYB isn't an option. Only the VAs I've listed are options.

lol we're all going to vote for completely different people

I mean obviously but we are all adults so I'm sure we can work things out like gentlemen/women.

Crocodile, has anyone actually said they'd charge you for this stuff? Because "HEY CAN I RECORD YOU WHILE YOU SAY SOMETHING" is a pretty regular thing at conventions. And Kyle was totally cool doing a brief awards announcement for our podcast (though that's a little different, contextually, especially since we interviewed him once and were getting past guests to do the announcements).

Crocodile

Crocodile, has anyone actually said they'd charge you for this stuff? Because "HEY CAN I RECORD YOU WHILE YOU SAY SOMETHING" is a pretty regular thing at conventions. And Kyle was totally cool doing a brief awards announcement for our podcast (though that's a little different, contextually, especially since we interviewed him once and were getting past guests to do the announcements).

It's part of one of the tiers on the Indivisible IGG campaign. The vociemail is not something I personally need but if I can get something cool done for this community, I thought I should give it a try. I'm also not going to be near a convention or any of these VAs anytime soon :p

Grexeno

It's part of one of the tiers on the Indivisible IGG campaign. The vociemail is not something I personally need but if I can get something cool done for this community, I thought I should give it a try. I'm also not going to be near a convention or any of these VAs anytime soon :p
Well, I assume that those tier rewards are contingent on the campaign actually succeeding, correct?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Get Patrick to shout "YOU WILL ABIDE BY THE TOONAMI SCHEDULE" so we can link it every time someone is tempted to jump ahead.

If I could I would pay money to hear Kyle Herbert say "Toonami, All According to Keikaku" as Aizen or Patrick Seitz to say "YOU THOUGHT IT WAS TOONAMI BUT IT WAS I, DIO!" as DIO.

Why not both?

Getting "The Masters of Anime Ego", Aizen AND Dio, to talk to each other for ToonamiGaf would make my millennium.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If I manage a PS4 during Black Friday, might make Pirate Warriors 3 one of the first games I get.

I also noticed Attack on Titan themes on PS4 as well.

Also, |OT| Intruder 2, sponsored by the Toonami comic! Read it today!

LOLDSFAN

I'm considering getting a PS4 during Black Friday. Never owned anything outside of Nintendo stuff. Don't like their policy of charging for online but I feel like I might be missing out on another generation of good games if I don't.

Maki + Nico

Eri + Nozumi

Guess my favorite and I'll make you some avatars this week.

Maki + Nozumi

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I learned from the GCN era (& ESPECIALLY with the Wii) to not stick with Nintendo only (even if I still buy their systems), because you will miss out on so much. PS2 expanded my gaming a lot when I was a teen.

Thankfully, I don't care for online multiplayer for the most part, though I wouldn't mind the PS+ discounts.

I know the Wii U is a frustrating system in a few regards, but it's also the only system that consistently gives me platformers.

That alone adheres me to it.

Mizerman

I've never been interested in the Xbox console. Guess I'll be ending up owning a Wii U and PS4.

Can't wait to play some of that SFV.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
PS4 + Wii U are the only must-buy consoles of the gen so far.

If you're not a Halo or Gears buff, you can wait on the Xbox One.

The NX is a big wild card.

I've got both.
No plans for Xbone, but I do plan to buy Scalebound to show Platinum love. Even if the game looks disappointing right now... too many of the AAA traps.

I'm not going overboard with my expectations of NX. If I do, I'll only end up disappointed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, I'm still happy with the fact I owned Nintendo systems (almost done with World 4 in Woolly World. It's the sequel I've always wanted to Yoshi's Island), because I KNOW they will provide some great party stuff....it's just 3rd party that's so lacking on their consoles (handhelds are great, honestly).

bigkrev

As a primarily PC gamer, I wish I had a Xbox instead of a PS4. The only game not on XBox I would have missed so far is MLB the Show, where as there are a bunch of Xbox games like Sunset Overdrive, Master Chief Collection, Killer Instinct, Rare Replay, Tomb Raider, ect.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Games I want on Xbox One:

- A bunch of games that're available on other system on one disc
- .....that's it....

Ponn

Banned
If I manage a PS4 during Black Friday, might make Pirate Warriors 3 one of the first games I get.

I also noticed Attack on Titan themes on PS4 as well.

Also, |OT| Intruder 2, sponsored by the Toonami comic! Read it today!

OP PW 3 is just sublime. Been playing it and grinding since launch. Only recently finally closed the application to play DQ Heroes. So many characters to play through with and level up. For Toonami GAF member I would also suggest getting Galak-Z

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Galak-Z seems interesting, though might want to try a demo first. I enjoyed Pirate Warriors 2, hence why I was tempted by PW3. Also might get DQ Heroes, though considering I'm not really a fan of the franchise, I might not get as much enjoyment compared to those who've been following the series more.

Might as well get Onechanbara Z2 Chaos, though I missed out on getting it for $30 on Amazon since I didn't want to buy it, then find out I couldn't afford/get a PS4 on Black Friday.

Raxus

Apparently Pirate Warriors 3 is worse than Pirate Warriors 2 which is a shame because I too really enjoyed PW2. I still wanna pick it up if it goes for 20 bucks down the road.

Damn shame they don't have WE ARE! playing in the background. I am sticking with my Crystal Clock and Hanami themes.

Made by GAFers too!

Patrick Seitz definitely.

I feel the worst thing I can say about the videogame industry right now is that the biggest surprise of the year is that Assassin Creed Syndicate is pretty good.

Splatoon was the only other thing that really took me by surprise.

Splatoon and Tales from the Borderlands shocked me with how good both of them were. 2015 ended up being better than I expected. Stuff like MGSV and Bloodborne pretty much met my expectations.

I think the only thing I played this year that I really didn't care for is Undertale. I also didn't care much for Until Dawn, but I saw that through an LP.

Regiruler

I've got both.
No plans for Xbone, but I do plan to buy Scalebound to show Platinum love. Even if the game looks disappointing right now... too many of the AAA traps.

I'm not going overboard with my expectations of NX. If I do, I'll only end up disappointed.

Overwatch at launch with exclusive heroes

Believe

Apparently Toonami Asia in Hong Kong has picked up DB Super and not here in the US???

giphy.gif

The West has failed.

Top Bottom