• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

It's Toei-tally their fault.

tumblr_mgexkg1y5c1rt3gb1o1_r1_250.gif

tumblr_nglu79xwdl1soolj9o1_500.gif

Seda

All that says is that a dub exists, or is going to exist by "mid-2016" (the only timeframe given in the press release), I suppose that's a little useful.

Still a matter of where exactly the dub shows up in the US.

Also somewhat amused that Toonami Asia is apparently mostly several year old CN action cartoons. Ben 10, Justice League, Generator Rex etc. Also some dubbed Korean/Japanese show "Mix Master".

Seda

It doesn't have to be a Funimation dub just because it's English. For all we know, we might have another one of THESE

I've seen this a few times but I'm still 'impressed' by it ahaha.

"KAoh kennnn. ahhh. Up to ten tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimes."

'I. am. songokuuuu." "Then u bettadie, hrahhh"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, had that been a better episode of One Piece we'd have everything that wasn't a repeat over a million.

I don't think it's ever been that good.

We've had pentamillions before. Kai's ratings are very, very high, though, and over a million in demo crushes anything Adult Swim Action ever did (including first run Inuyasha and OG Fullmetal).

Kill la Kill's 3 am numbers would have easily ranked 1st on most nights under the old system.

JoJo doesn't look likely, apparently it'd be really expensive and DeMarco said "corporations make things complicated" toonami news retweeted the relevant tweets

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Apparently the "official" name of the Malyasian DBZ dub is the Speedy dub as it was distributed by Speedy Video.

Bojack Unbound sounds fucking amazing.
Krillin = Infinite Hands
Tenshinhan = Dough
Piccolo = Uncle Motong
And Goku and Gohan switched names somehow.

Clearly interest is there maybe where there's a will there's a way but I imagine the extra cash that would need to go into getting JoJo vs average Toonami ratings probably means it isn't worth it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like I'm going with my friend to go see the Ghost in the Shell movie. Hopefully I won't be confused due to not seeing Arise.

"The film is a continuation to the plot of the Pyrophoric Cult episode of Arise, and ties up loose ends from that arc."

.........oh crap.....

Edit: Hearing it should be fine for new comers as well, phew. Wonder what're the chances of this or Arise appearing on Toonami, considering GitS was big with Adult Swim back in the day.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think I stopped after....3 episodes? For some reason, it just wasn't doing anything for me. Seems I made the right call.

I can forgive a lot of BS in the middle if you really stick the ending
I honestly don't even remember what the hell spynx was even trying to accomplish by their random acts of terror.

Line_HTX

Krillin gave 18 dem infinite hands, bruh.

I'm calling Piccolo "Uncle Motong" from now on. You can't stop me.

I'm stopping you.

I stopped watching Terror in Resonance at ep. 5 or 6, I don't remember. My patience ran out when they continued to be vague in their goals and it did not help that this shit was 11 episodes. Wasted so much time in the beginning.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Clearly interest is there maybe where there's a will there's a way but I imagine the extra cash that would need to go into getting JoJo vs average Toonami ratings probably means it isn't worth it.

I think if they could get the 11 slot it might be doable money wise, but then they'd need something just as big to justify taking 11:30 and I doubt they could afford 2 shows on that level.

Line_HTX

I would prefer a Midnight ET start. I don't want to go back to the original ASA when it started at 10 PM my time. 11 PM is good enough for me.

Top Bottom