• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

I don't have that much experience with the Tales series, other than Tales of Symphonia.
Tales_of_Symphonia_case_cover.jpg

Which I played for upwards of 80 hours.

I remember it being pretty good. Oh, and the main character was voiced by Scott Menville, aka Robin from Teen Titans.

I also remember that Colette's main role in the story was to suffer, and that Sheena was way cooler than her.

Line_HTX

Both Xillias have amazing voice casts. It's the first Tales game I enjoyed watching someone play when I couldn't play myself.

The older sister of Milla Maxwell is literally a lewd Wi-Fi.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It was once easy to say hey, just pick up Symphonia and play that, it's the quintessential Tales experience. But now you're stuck either slumming it with the GC version at 480i (not even progressive) or getting the sub par 30 FPS PS3 version. Does it have a PC release and has someone fixed that to 60 FPS yet?

But anyways, just play Symphonia. Some real bad ass tales fans will get on my case because the battle system is too simple (no 3D free run) but whatever, they still play shitty tales games.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd rather take th he HD version. I hate to settle for 30, but so be it because HD is easy on the eyes.

Symphonia is gorgeous even at 480i. Timeless art style with that cel shading. 30 FPS for a game with this battle system though is borderline unplayable for anyone who played the original. It's like playing a fighting game that's suddenly at half the fps, it messes you up something fierce.

Seda

I liked Symphonia's dungeons. Some people may not care for the puzzle-ly aspect of them, but I much prefer that to Graces hallways or Xillia's copy-paste fields.

And I tend of have an affinity for puzzle dungeons anyway.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ymir forest is a bad, bad dungeon. I was even borrowing the guide and still got like four extra levels just from fighting while getting lost.

bigkrev

I'm 5 hours into Zestiria, which is the most time I've invested in a Tales game.

I have no fucking idea how any of the combat systems in the game work

Symphonia is probably my least favorite Tales game after Legendia. Didn't like a single thing about it.

Symphonia was the only one I played. Loved it, but that was a decade ago. Dunno if I would like it now.

Ymir forest is a bad, bad dungeon. I was even borrowing the guide and still got like four extra levels just from fighting while getting lost.

Ah I remember that one too. Don't remember why it was but I do remember it was annoying.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I bought a GCN copy as a teen for about $15. Blew my mind it was TWO discs.

.....then I bought about 3 or 4 other Tales of... games to never get around to playing....or in Vesperia's case, never finishing because I was too obsessed with trying to get an achievement on a particular boss.

So, we can't get Jojo on Toonami.

And that's a shame...

...but you know what we can get on Toonami?

Ninja Slayer.
tumblr_nopvsqzxhn1r3rdh2o1_540.gif

Even if you don't like Ninja Slayer, it's still a better show than Akame Ga Kill.

Jintor

it's no fun to make fun of a specific poster if they're not in this thread guys :T

leave cornbread alone! unless you're in the animegaf thread then tease him all you like!

Line_HTX

That blonde hair... It's trying to make me like the show when I don't want to.

;P

it's no fun to make fun of a specific poster if they're not in this thread guys :T

leave cornbread alone! unless you're in the animegaf thread then tease him all you like!

I give him grief regarding the NFL, so it's fine!

BBboy20

Killer year for 3DS RPGs and they haven't even announced Pokémon Z.
NX. Believe.

Got em covered.
For fuck's sake!

But Ninja Slayer had some deeply introspective episodes, that dived into some clever politics of the underclass!

And Nancy!

These scenes are where most of the budget went.

Money well spent.

SamSpratt_Logic_TheIncredibleTrueStory_AlbumArt_Panorama_FB.jpg
So yeah, Steve Blum is in a rap album I'm listening to right now...and his character's name is "Thomas"...and one of the character's names is "Kai"...

You know...sometimes I stop neogaf. And I wonder. I reflect. I contemplate.

I stop and think if my post regarding lewdness have gone too far.

And the answer is always no, I need to go farther.

Jarate

Banned
I've never played a Tales of Game before, and I don't really think I have any interest in playing them

I think the only one I played was a 360 and I got confused because the MC was a dude when I thought it was aa chick

Jarate

Banned
Sword of Mana was decent

Also, Ive always really wanted to play DQ7, but have been waiting for a while for a remake (been waiting since the DS remakes)

Anyone know how good of a remaster it is based off the Japanese version?

Soulflarz

Banned
i guess i should start my dragon quest playthough soon then.

have to finish these excellent mana games tho

I would race you but I'd totally fail college for that :VVV

has no priorities and somehow is passing everything, I don't know how. Prob f'ed in math though!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Choose your animu voice actor for the main character of Xenoblade X

NCgFAez.jpg

A game so nice I've already...bought...it...twice.

Top Bottom