• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

There's a rumor going around that Mob Psycho 100 is coming too Toonami. It came from the fact that the Simulcast for the show is listed as TBA. The last instance of this happening was Dimension W, which ended up coming to Toonami.

While this would be insanely hype (& appropriate, given the success that OPM saw on Toonami), it's still just a rumor.

Neoxon

Only problem is that there isn't a new show slot until next year, and Mob Psycho definitely isn't getting 11:30
At its current rate, Gundam IBO will end on December 17th (barring any changes in the schedule, like a JoJo marathon). That would leave a slot open for Mob Psycho 100 (if this rumor pans out). Plus, as stated earlier, it would make sense to put Mob Psycho 100 on Toonami after One-Punch Man saw a lot of success on the block.

Which reminds me, when did Funimation scoop up Mob Psycho 100? One would think that Viz Media would have gone for it to continue the trend of dubbing One's work.

Grexeno

At its current rate, Gundam IBO will end on December 17th (barring any changes in the schedule, like a JoJo marathon). That would leave a slot open for Mob Psycho 100 (if this rumor pans out).
Well bump that date back a week for the absolute 100% happening Thanksgiving Marathon, and then it won't show it's premiere until 2017 because the last two Saturdays in December are Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, also sure marathons. Then, I would consider it more likely that Samurai Jack premieres in it's place.

Neoxon

Well bump that date back a week for the absolute 100% happening Thanksgiving Marathon, and then it won't show it's premiere until 2017 because the last two Saturdays in December are Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, also sure marathons. Then, I would consider it more likely that Samurai Jack premieres in it's place.
We don't really have a finite release date for Samurai Jack Season 5, & Mob Psycho 100 is a 13-episode run for its first season. If the rumor is true, they could do Samurai Jack afterwards.

There's a rumor going around that Mob Psycho 100 is coming too Toonami. It came from the fact that the Simulcast for the show is listed as TBA. The last instance of this happening was Dimension W, which ended up coming to Toonami.

While this would be insanely hype (& appropriate, given the success that OPM saw on Toonami), it's still just a rumor.

I posted this like a week ago and told people to freely speculate into disappointment. Other then it being tba on funi's schedule where else is this rumor coming from?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I posted this like a week ago and told people to freely speculate into disappointment. Other then it being tba on funi's schedule where else is this rumor coming from?

Probably just speculation based on logical assumptions given past patterns on behavior.

Moaradin

Let's hope we don't have to deal with Tokyo Ghoul. The first season isn't terrible. Just really mediocre.

That second season though...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I am honestly surprised Toonami hasn't yet picked up Tokyo Ghoul. I can only presume that somebody else got to it beforehand.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Not sure about Tokyo Ghoul...
At least it would be uncensored.

One Punch Season 2 is already a Top 3 request? Hot damn.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Also interesting that Attack on Titan S2 is nowhere to be found on that list.

I think all the AoT fans have jumped ship as it's been way too long a wait for Season 2. It will have been about four years between the two seasons.
When it came out it was the new hotness, but now it's completely cooled off and the lack of interest is really showing.
I think that's why they announced OPM Season 2 so fast even though there's not enough material (unless they dive into the original webcomic, or make up their own)

At least the manga finally got interesting again.

Grexeno

I think all the AoT fans have jumped ship as it's been way too long a wait for Season 2. It will have been about four years between the two seasons.

At least the manga finally got interesting again.
Yeah, they needed to strike while the iron was hot but they missed the opportunity and everyone moved on to One Punch Man

I think once AoT is back people will get excited again, doubt s2 gets to the basement but if it does people will he impressed the wait was worth it.

Jarate

Banned
I wonder how much it would cost to hire a bunch of click farmers and have them mass spam Demarco with suggestions

LET'S RIG THE ELECTION BROS

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I can't wait to see what SAB CA drew for JoJo. Hot dog!

Since no man should be without hotdogs, I had to make sure to go back and answer the call, lol. Hope it lived up to expectations! ;)

that Danny sketch, holy fucking shit

Heh heh, hope I did...n't give anyone nightmares, lol.

Forgot to ask this weeks ago but a JoJo dub OT isn't needed right? If it's OK to make one I can get one set up later today :X

What are you doing in this thread anywho? (<_<)

Seriously though, these first 2 parts are the same as released on DVD, and the new stuff doesn't start under Viz until P3. So if anything, that'd be the time to start a new English airing thread, I'd think.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think once AoT is back people will get excited again, doubt s2 gets to the basement but if it does people will he impressed the wait was worth it.

Considering
the manga just got to the basement
, and the pacing of season one, there's no way they make it there next season.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Tokyo ghoul isnt as actiony as it seems, when it actually really starts ramping up is when the season ends....and then the next season is filler or so I heard

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hot damn, OPM S2 & Mob Psycho 100 being in the top 3 requests.

How is Tokyo Ghoul still being requested? But then again, seems to be a hit with the younger crowd (my little sister was telling me about it & she has some of the manga).

Didn't go too well, eh?

Studio Pierrot decided to take Season 2 into an "original direction" but in reality they still followed the basic plot of the manga while making changes and throwing character motivation out the window. And given the Studio's track record with Filler (Naruto, Bleach) you can imagine how the quality went.

I'm of the stance that even the first season of Tokyo Ghoul wasn't that good either. They tried to cram way too much content into a 13 episode season and I ended up not caring about any of the characters.

Mizerman

It basically was a shippuden filler arc as the second season from what I've heard.

Studio Pierrot decided to take Season 2 into an "original direction" but in reality they still followed the basic plot of the manga while making changes and throwing character motivation out the window. And given the Studio's track record with Filler (Naruto, Bleach) you can imagine how the quality went.

I'm of the stance that even the first season of Tokyo Ghoul wasn't that good either. They tried to cram way too much content into a 13 episode season and I ended up not caring about any of the characters.

Hmm...figures.

WVW69juEXrYcoX9Q0F

BIP

I love this...so much.

The drawing, not the act of burning dogs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So considering we've got about 2 months of IBO left, think we'll get a newer show, or they'll aim for the "mid-to-late 2000s" anime that seems to air later in the night?

Feel like if it was something "big", we would've heard of it by now.

This just might be the best lineup we've had all year.
Aside from the dip in quality for IBO & Shippuden, absolutely. I don't care for DBZ but understand the nostalgia, Jojo is going to be fantastic, HxH has been great, One Piece can be slow but still fun, & OPM gets to rerun for another viewing.

...it certain is better compared to last year, that's for sure. Akame ga Kill, SAO2, AoT having the rerun slot, & to some extent, M&H (which I wouldn't say is bad, but just in comparison to what we have now)..

Grexeno

So considering we've got about 2 months of IBO left, think we'll get a newer show, or they'll aim for the "mid-to-late 2000s" anime that seems to air later in the night?

Feel like if it was something "big", we would've heard of it by now.
Maybe it is Mob Psycho

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
MP100 to replace IBO would be amazing & truly would be one of the best line-ups the block has ever had.

Grexeno

Given how fast FUNimation can put out a dub these days and the timing of everything, Mob Psycho is a good bet. Failing that, they might pick up Tokyo Ghoul.
I think if they go Tokyo Ghoul in that slot it's a sign they don't consider the second season of Gundam a priority like at all.

Neoxon

Not sure about Tokyo Ghoul...
At least it would be uncensored.

One Punch Season 2 is already a Top 3 request? Hot damn.
Not surprising. Hopefully Viz Media works something out so that it can be dubbed sooner (hell, maybe it can be simulcast on Toonami like what happened with Space Dandy).

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Man, for a show that doesn't have all that many episodes left, IBO sure doesn't feel like it's going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom