• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
A third maybe. There's only 3-4 episodes I don't think were worth doing, and even then there were enough good ideas to make those into 1-2.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Viz has historically been the slowest company in terms of license show -> dub release. Anything is possible of course but I wouldn't bet on seeing OPM S2 on Toonami till later next year at the earliest.

Regiruler

Correct me if I'm wrong but Viz has historically been the slowest company in terms of license show -> dub release. Anything is possible of course but I wouldn't bet on seeing OPM S2 on Toonami till later next year at the earliest.
I don't think anyone was thinking earlier than 2018 for the dub.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They put real ass effort into endless eight, which makes the troll even better.

The fact they redid all the animation of every single episode is just fantastically funny. They're basically saying, "Yea, we could adapt more of the series, but we won't. At least not this season."

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The fact they redid all the animation of every single episode is just fantastically funny. They're basically saying, "Yea, we could adapt more of the series, but we won't. At least not this season."

That was a mistake.
No Haruhi since then, other than a movie.
Hold on, the movie is almost three hours long? What the hell?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That was a mistake.
No Haruhi since then, other than a movie.
Hold on, the movie is almost three hours long? What the hell?

They did Disappearance justice. They way they handled it was absolutely amazing, completely made up for the Endless Eight troll. I'm really hoping they do another season after the finish the new FMP season.

If you haven't seen it yet, you should track it down and watch it. Soon.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Season two is literally an ad for Disappearance. They added the one episode necessarily to set up the movie, then did endless eight+finish the story on how the Mikuru Asahina movie was made.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Season two is literally an ad for Disappearance. They added the one episode necessarily to set up the movie, then did endless eight+finish the story on how the Mikuru Asahina movie was made.

In fairness, outside of the Endless Eight troll, they did adapt like two books worth of material.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
In fairness, outside of the Endless Eight troll, they did adapt like two books worth of material.

...kinda. The episodes about the movie are in fact one whole book.

Endless eight is like a third of a book. The episode used to set up the movie is like a third of a book. So you're pretty close actually.

The movie covers a book, very completely I must add. The first series covers about three books total, though not complete books, it takes bits and pieces and adds them to the first book.

All together the series+movie covered 40% of the material in the books.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
...kinda. The episodes about the movie are in fact one whole book.

Endless eight is like a third of a book. The episode used to set up the movie is like a third of a book. So you're pretty close actually.

The movie covers a book, very completely I must add. The first series covers about three books total, though not complete books, it takes bits and pieces and adds them to the first book.

All together the series+movie covered 40% of the material in the books.

Seasons one and two cover pretty much everything to the movie and the movie covers book four. The next few books are actually really good, though I would wonder how they'd handle the last two given the plot.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Seasons one and two cover pretty much everything to the movie and the movie covers book four. The next few books are actually really good, though I would wonder how they'd handle the last two given the plot.

I planned it out in my head awhile ago. There's one book that's tailor made to be a movie, then the other ones would have to be a season or two of the show. The book series ends in fact with another, third movie caliber set of books.

God I wish there were more books.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I planned it out in my head awhile ago. There's one book that's tailor made to be a movie, then the other ones would have to be a season or two of the show. The book series ends in fact with another, third movie caliber set of books.

God I wish there were more books.

Same here. I wish the time between books wasn't as long as it is. I mean, who the hell knows when the next one is coming?

Teen Titans wasn't a bad show by any means.

Dunno why they decided to go for the lowest denominator comedy after it did pretty well on its original run.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just a while ago, I turned my TV on to see an episode where Raven had to beat the tooth fairy in a teeth eating competition to get the gang's teeth back.

......thankfully my stereo wasn't on so I didn't have to hear it, but it was a reminder why I don't care for the route they took the TT franchise.

Seda

i got this pm a few weeks ago
e6hszwz.png

BBboy20

So yeah, I watched the sub of Ep1 earlier and noticed even more things.

I think it's safe to say that, at this point, these last 3 or 4 years of osmosis of this franchise is pretty much over. I or maybe we are now pretty much now strapped into this Bizarre Adventure as everyone else who is watching, drawing, and cosplaying Part 4 right now. Guess we finally made it.

Or really late to the party

Neoxon

So do you guys think that there should be a thread for people following the JoJo dub, or will this thread suffice?

Plus, you could have had a case for making a dub thread for One Punch Man, but the JJBA dub has been out for a while now, even if the actual DVDs were shit.

Seda

Even with Toonami dub premieres, they usually do not get a dedicated thread. Occasionally there is crosstalk with an existing show thread, which is perfectly good except some trickiness with spoilers.

Jojo's dub has been out and available for more than a year or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom