• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Speaking of physical releases, any chance that Viz Media will give an ETA on the JoJo Blu-Ray releases? Obviously they can just re-release Warner Bros. dubs of Parts 1 & 2 in a non-shit offering, but I'm mainly curious about the Stardust Crusaders dub that Viz is doing themselves.

I mean, I suppose the first showing of the full Stardust Crusaders English dub would make for a great Toonami premiere, but still.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Even with Toonami dub premieres, they usually do not get a dedicated thread. Occasionally there is crosstalk with an existing show thread, which is perfectly good except some trickiness with spoilers.

Jojo's dub has been out and available for more than a year or something.

FLCL will get one because Space Dandy did.

Jarate

Banned
Teen Titans Go isn't a bad show by any metric. It might not be what we wanted, but it's on a child driven cartoon network that seems to do very well

Lij7Zf0.gif

Moaradin

I really enjoyed the original Teen Titans. I haven't seen a full episode of TTG, but every time I see a clip posted on gaf I get a chuckle out of it. Seems pretty alright to me.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I reserve the right to be a bitter fuck about Teen Titans Go.

Gonna be here, and be a bitter fuck.

Teen Titans wasn't a bad show by any means.

Dunno why they decided to go for the lowest denominator comedy after it did pretty well on its original run.

Teen Titans went off the air seven years before Teen Titans Go even started.

It's time to let it go.

I can't even stay mad about Young Justice, which got way fewer episodes and got actively shit on by the network, even ending on a bit of a cliffhanger. And was actually the show that preceded Teen Titans Go.

Mizerman

Teen Titans went off the air seven years before Teen Titans Go even started.

It's time to let it go.

I can't even stay mad about Young Justice, which got way fewer episodes and got actively shit on by the network, even ending on a bit of a cliffhanger. And was actually the show that preceded Teen Titans Go.

Don't remind about YJ. That was a shame.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Don't remind about YJ. That was a shame.
They'll bring it back as Young Justice Go & then do a crossover with TTG.

....and another CN show because hey they did a crossover of TTG & Powerpuff Girls!...the new PPG, not the old one...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Licensed by: Sentai Filmwork

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT, AN EMOTIONAL STORY THAT'S GOING TO BE RUINED BY WHAT IS MOST LIKELY GOING TO BE A TERRIBLE DUB

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Movie is almost 2 hours long, so after commercial breaks, betting it'll be about 3 hours long in total.

Also, Steven Foster is the ADR Director, & his profile includes other Makoto Shinkai films, Clannad, & The World God Only Knows. So maybe this might not be as bad as we're fearing. Dude clearly has done work on more serious stuff, it's just his comedy stuff that can be hit or miss (Cromartie High, Ghost Stories.......Highschool of the Dead....).

But anyways, I've only seen two of Makoto Shinkai's works (Voices of a Distant Star & 5 Centimeters Per Second) & liked them both, so hoping this one will be good as well...& the dub will actually be okay...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I haven't seen it, but if it's like the creators previous work, then it's an odd choice for Toonami....
To quote Wikipedia, it's "described as a "lively" animated film with adventure, action, and romance centered on a cheerful and spirited girl on a journey to say "farewell"." From the sounds of it, it's probably one of the only films of his that'd work on the block.

& cue all the people asking DeMarco "BUT YOU SAID MOVIES DON'T DO WELL, DOES THAT MEAN WE CAN GET X FILM NOW?!?!"

Moaradin

I am interested in seeing it again at least. It's been a couple years but I remember disliking it quite a bit. Wonder if watching it again on toonami will improve my opinion on it.

The fact that we are even getting movies again is the more exciting news. I want this to have decent enough rating to make movie nights worth it again.

Crocodile

A) I've never seen Endless Eight but it always sounded like a stupid thing to me and it pretty much killed the Haruhi franchise from getting more TV adaptations right? Seems like it hardly payed off to me.

B) Teen Titans Go is great 70-80% of the time and brain damagingly stupid 20-30% of the time. I agree with HTown though, Teen Titans classic is dead and TTG had nothing to do with it. If the reason you hate TTG is because you think it means no more TT or somehow degrades its predecessor you need to let it go.

C) Surprised to see movies are back on Toonami! But a movie that starts at 3am? I guess they don't care if anybody watches it?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Even if it's a so-so movie, more interesting than a marathon.
Agreed. Even if it's for episodes/a show I like, I'd rather have a night where I got to experience something new to the block with fresh reactions instead of "time to react to things we've already reacted to".

& I can't help but wonder if it was Sentai (I feel this is more likely for some reason) or Toonami that wanted the movie to air. Makes me wonder what they'll do for Dec. now.

Seda

Well, even if the movie is terrible, I guess it's more a bonus thing than replacing a night of shows.

Edit: I guess it'll push back One Punch Man rerun one week.

Also

BBboy20

https://twitter.com/ToonamiNews/status/788148169574064128

Toonami to show Children Who Chase Lost Voices for Daylight Savings on November 5th.

CvARBujVUAAifnU.jpg
:D

Licensed by: Sentai Filmwork

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT, AN EMOTIONAL STORY THAT'S GOING TO BE RUINED BY WHAT IS MOST LIKELY GOING TO BE A TERRIBLE DUB
D:

Movie is almost 2 hours long, so after commercial breaks, betting it'll be about 3 hours long in total.

Also, Steven Foster is the ADR Director, & his profile includes other Makoto Shinkai films, Clannad, & The World God Only Knows. So maybe this might not be as bad as we're fearing. Dude clearly has done work on more serious stuff, it's just his comedy stuff that can be hit or miss (Cromartie High, Ghost Stories.......Highschool of the Dead....).

But anyways, I've only seen two of Makoto Shinkai's works (Voices of a Distant Star & 5 Centimeters Per Second) & liked them both, so hoping this one will be good as well...& the dub will actually be okay...
:D

To quote Wikipedia, it's "described as a "lively" animated film with adventure, action, and romance centered on a cheerful and spirited girl on a journey to say "farewell"." From the sounds of it, it's probably one of the only films of his that'd work on the block.

& cue all the people asking DeMarco "BUT YOU SAID MOVIES DON'T DO WELL, DOES THAT MEAN WE CAN GET X FILM NOW?!?!"
Yes, there is enough adventuring to justify it on the block.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hah, I mentioned this just a few days ago. It'd be funny if IBO's replacement was a SJ show to make the block completely SJ-related.

Also, Grex, did I confirm with you I might want to be on the next podcast episode to talk about the Jojo premiere/dub impressions? This was a while back, so I can't remember, but if you have someone already for tomorrow, no big deal.

Grexeno

Also, Grex, did I confirm with you I might want to be on the next podcast episode to talk about the Jojo premiere/dub impressions? This was a while back, so I can't remember, but if you have someone already for tomorrow, no big deal.
No you wanted to do One Punch Man finale.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No you wanted to do One Punch Man finale.
Ah, okay. I was trying to remember if I mentioned both the OPM finale & the Jojo premiere at the same time. Oh well. Considering I've already seen Jojo, I wanted to give dub impressions, but I can wait until Part 1 finishes.

BBboy20

Ah, okay. I was trying to remember if I mentioned both the OPM finale & the Jojo premiere at the same time. Oh well. Considering I've already seen Jojo, I wanted to give dub impressions, but I can wait until Part 1 finishes.
I'd like to do sub impressions. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom