• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/ToonamiNews/status/788148169574064128

Toonami to show Children Who Chase Lost Voices for Daylight Savings on November 5th.

CvARBujVUAAifnU.jpg

Oh that's interesting. I wonder who has the li-

Licensed by: Sentai Filmworks

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT, AN EMOTIONAL STORY THAT'S GOING TO BE RUINED BY WHAT IS MOST LIKELY GOING TO BE A TERRIBLE DUB

Welp, so much for the dub not being utter shit.

bigkrev

Dubs are like Pizza, even bad ones are enjoyable.

That's not a good analogy. There is good bad pizza (Dominos), but there is so much shitty pizza out there that no one should be eating because it's legitimately awful (EVERY local pizza place near Baltimore for example)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's not a good analogy. There is good bad pizza (Dominos), but there is so much shitty pizza out there that no one should be eating because it's legitimately awful (EVERY local pizza place near Baltimore for example)

Scrapple pizza?

2V1odm1.gif

Dubs are like Pizza, even bad ones are enjoyable.

This post irks me as an Italian. Pizza (and dubs by extension) must be handled and made with love and care in order for it to be delectable and enjoyable. Sometimes you get some bad pizza that's still tasty but more often than not, if it's shit, you're going to demand a refund (or switch it to subtitles).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This post irks me as an Italian. Pizza (and dubs by extension) must be handled and made with love and care in order for it to be delectable and enjoyable. Sometimes you get some bad pizza that's still tasty but more often than not, if it's shit, you're going to demand a refund (or switch it to subtitles).

Pizza would have to be vomit inducing for me to demand a refund. Pizza is like the classic Nintendo easy to learn, difficult to master sort of cuisine like the grilled cheese sandwich.

Jarate

Banned
Pizza around me sucks where I either pay 24$ for pizza that is mediocre at best

Im in Pizza Hell and it is not a good place to be

I was up in New York for literally half a day once. Just a random trip with the family.

Figured I had to try some New York pizza.

I wasn't all that impressed. It was fine. Either I went to an average pizza shop, or they oversell the quality.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
i eat little caesars sometimes
Their $5 hot-n-ready tastes really cheap. It's not bad, but it just makes me wish I was eating something that didn't seem like it's been sitting for a few hours. I imagine if I ate a pizza from there that wasn't $5, it'd taste better.

Dominoes gives me a weird "slightly better than gas station pizza" taste.

Should use the rest of my Cottage Inn Pizza gift card one of these days, perhaps my favorite location, though they seem to be more local to the midwest area.

Jarate

Banned
I was up in New York for literally half a day once. Just a random trip with the family.

Figured I had to try some New York pizza.

I wasn't all that impressed. It was fine. Either I went to an average pizza shop, or they oversell the quality.
There's 400,000 pizzerias, so you probably got a shitty one

Their $5 hot-n-ready tastes really cheap. It's not bad, but it just makes me wish I was eating something that didn't seem like it's been sitting for a few hours. I imagine if I ate a pizza from there that wasn't $5, it'd taste better.

Dominoes gives me a weird "slightly better than gas station pizza" taste.

Should use the rest of my Cottage Inn Pizza gift card one of these days, perhaps my favorite location, though they seem to be more local to the midwest area.

oh it's definitely not very good but it still qualifies as acceptable i think.

Grexeno

Last weekend I went to a Little Ceaser's across the street to get a Hot-n-Ready. I had to wait like 5 minutes.

What is the point of Little Ceasar's if I can't get the fucking pizza immediately.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wisconsin is pizza hell, do not come here
Is the cheese on the pizza at least good?

We're a small-ish town, but because we're also a college town, we have like 9 pizza places. Dominoes, Little Caesar's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Hungry Howie's, then about 4 local places, & that's not counting places that happen to serve pizza on their menu among other food.

I just know that because of multitasking typing reactions on here, pizza doesn't make for the best snack for when viewing Toonami...but it makes a nice dinner for before the block starts. Celebrated OPM's finale by getting a BBQ chicken pizza, one of my favorites.

Last weekend I went to a Little Ceaser's across the street to get a Hot-n-Ready. I had to wait like 5 minutes.

What is the point of Little Ceasar's if I can't get the fucking pizza immediately.

You can't have pizza ready 24-7 Grexeno.

The science just isn't there yet.

It's not the same ADR Director of Akame ga Kill or Parasyte, so there's SOME hope.

The guy messed up Mawaru Penguindrum. Then again I feel like someone told him it was a comedy, when it wasn't and that was why it turned out so bad. It's also, you know, Mawaru Penguindrum. Its weird enough that maybe it shouldn't have been dubbed to begin with.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dude also handled the Sentai version of Grave of the Fireflies.

........which stars Adam Gibbs, i.e. Shinichi, as the main character, so nooooooo idea how that version turned out....

bigkrev

My *entilted* take on chain Pizza- it all sucks except for Dominos. Papa Johns is probably the worst, and Pizza Hut can be edible if you are getting it's lunch buffet, but otherwise you should just eat something other than Pizza if a chain is your only choice

So I got the Escalflowne Kickstarter limited edition in the mail today and it's looking pretty good.

I would just like to mention that the certificate is celebrating Escaflowne's 10th anniversary when it first aired in 1996.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd laugh if Escaflowne was the replacement for IBO. I know it won't, but considering how Toonami wanted it for so long & there's a new HD version with an updated dub, seems possible it'll hit eventually & a good way for Funimation to promote the DVD/BD.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
On the plus side, like all of Makoto Shinkai's work, Children Who Chase Lost Voices is gorgeous.

On the minus side, it's also his worst film.

If I don't feel like spending a lot of money, I hit up Dominos for that three-topping large pizza. Get the Brooklyn Crust and have it cooked Well Done and that's $10 well spent.

Moaradin

I'm just glad none of the shows are getting delayed because of a marathon. Hopefully we can keep the marathons at a minimum during the holidays.

There's bad dubs and then there's Papa Murphys, or however this analogy goes

zulux21

Wisconsin is pizza hell, do not come here

I would agree since glass nickel is considered decent pizza around here, but then realize people just don't know the glory that is papa murphy's.

many people are thrown off by the fact you have to turn on your oven for 30 minutes to get a hot fresh pizza from them and don't eat their great pizzas.

plus they send coupons all the time to get the pizza down to $7 for a pizza that will feed 3-4 people.

There's bad dubs and then there's Papa Murphys, or however this analogy goes

as long as you are implying papa murphy's is good pizza we won't have an issue :p

or if you are implying papa john's pizza is bad but got it confused with murphy we will also be cool :p

The best pizza here is from a local place but the pizzas are like 90% fat. Back when I was in middle school my family would regularly get it on Sunday nights. My first class was gym class where we have to run a mile every morning, and if I ate any leftover pizza for breakfast it easily added 2+ minutes to my time.

Besides that the only two places I normally get pizza from are Dominoes and Papa Murphy's. Dominoes is good and cheap here (I get a free medium pizza with every large one because of a local promotion) and Papa Murphy's mainly because I live out of town and you can freeze/refrigerate them. Costco's is great too but I only go there about once a month.

Line_HTX

Children Who Chase Lost Voices, huh...

I've never seen this movie before, then again I've been too lazy to watch all of Makoto Shinkai movies because of the tone. Gotta be in the right mindset to watch these with the amazing backgrounds.

I have faith that Shin can make better pizza than Papa John's, lol

Regiruler

Children Who Chase Lost Voices, huh...

I've never seen this movie before, then again I've been too lazy to watch all of Makoto Shinkai movies because of the tone. Gotta be in the right mindset to watch these with the amazing backgrounds.

I have faith that Shin can make better pizza than Papa John's, lol

Can someone remind me what else Shinkai did?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom