• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
JIhhK3L.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Can someone remind me what else Shinkai did?
- Voices of a Distant Star
- 5 Centimeters Per Second
- The Place Promised in our Early Days
- Garden of Words
- your name, his most recent film that did AMAZING at the Japanese Box Office

Basically, he aims for emotional impact.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Basically, some of the staff from ADV went on to Sentai. In fact, the founder of Sentai was also the guy who founded ADV.

As mentioned, the ADR Director of CwcLV was originally an ADR Director of ADV who worked on stuff like Cromartie High & Ghost Stories, but then went on to work at Sentai.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cromartie dub always makes me laugh. It's so good at hitting the right spots.
Oh absolutely, the dub was pretty good for that show considering it's a mid-2000s dub.

ADV was very hit or miss. You'd get great stuff like Cromartie or Azumanga Daioh, but then you'd get the "we didn't want to put a lot of effort/money into this" stuff that they got for cheap & knew wouldn't sell, but it was part of a deal.

Unfortunately, Sentai has a very similar "hit or miss" style, but leans more into the "miss" category, or "a few hits but more misses" with stuff like Parasyte that was close to being a good dub.

Regiruler

- Voices of a Distant Star
- 5 Centimeters Per Second
- The Place Promised in our Early Days
- Garden of Words
- your name, his most recent film that did AMAZING at the Japanese Box Office

Basically, he aims for emotional impact.

I think I've heard duckroll talk about 5cps and saw the thread for Your Name. I may have heard of garden, wasn't it praised for extremely good animation?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I am content with Jojo getting a million, now I just hope it stays like that, or at the very least, makes DeMarco happy where he feel confident in airing Part 3.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just wish Viz would give us a damn update on the Part 3 dub considering it took about, what, TWO YEARS to even have more footage pop up/confirm "oh yeah, the test dub was a success, so we're carrying on". Heck, we don't even have a date for the Part 1 & 2 Blu-Ray release aside from "it's happening".

I cannot wait to see who they cast for Part 4.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For Part 1 & 2, yeah, I wasn't expecting super high numbers, even if the series was highly demanded for the block.

MAYBE for Part 3 since it's the most popular/well known/most associated with the series here in the states, but even then, I know it won't have the same pull as OPM since it's newer.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Also worth mentioning the Toonami watcher reactions have been amusing as they have no idea what to make of Jojo.

Jojo did good on its first week.

Now the interesting part is going to be how it holds up over the rest of Part 1, since it's going to be a while before we get into some flashy action.

Got my vision of escaflowne box set its pretty dope gonna hope to dive into the new dub sometime soon.

Did you get everything in your pledge? If not, you have to contact Funimation's CS to let them know you didn't get them. I had to do that after I realized I didn't get the DVD's.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So what's going to have more quotable OT titles? Jojo or One Piece?

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| Do you remember every broadcast you ever watched?

I'am in soo much pain, pulled my back leg muscle at work and got a baaad Charley Horse from it. took me hours to recover to a state where I can walk again. Anyways...

Oct 15th Ratings
DBZ Kai-1,232 0.6
Jojo-1,077 0.5
Gundam-898 0.4
HxH-846 0.4
Naruto-778 0.3
One Piece-702 0.3

No info on One Punch Man.

Source.

Eh, so long as we can maintain that. those are good, but I don't think we'll be seeing any OPM ratings coming from JoJo any time soon.

Their $5 hot-n-ready tastes really cheap. It's not bad, but it just makes me wish I was eating something that didn't seem like it's been sitting for a few hours. I imagine if I ate a pizza from there that wasn't $5, it'd taste better.

Dominoes gives me a weird "slightly better than gas station pizza" taste.

Go first thing when they open, the $5 H&R's taste sooo much better. also don't knock gas station pizza until you've gone to QT, they can make some legit amazing pizza when you order them right from their kitchens. But I gotta agree with Dominoes, I haven't had a good one since moving out here to arizona from california.

RIP United Front Games.

Sleeping Dogs was pretty dope.

It was, who is gonna take over the properties now that UFG is dead?

Regiruler

Dominoes was the best right after their menu change while they still had the mac and cheese breadbowl. It's been downhill ever since.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
This is what I have been saying on Twitter, Jojo is doing fine for itself, it is just nothing is on the level of One Punch Man right now.

BBboy20

It was, who is gonna take over the properties now that UFG is dead?
It's dead, Jim.

So what's going to have more quotable OT titles? Jojo or One Piece?

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| Do you remember every broadcast you ever watched?
Oh god, I wonder how Sietz is going to act that.

Also worth mentioning the Toonami watcher reactions have been amusing as they have no idea what to make of Jojo.
I'd like to see those receipts.

Damn that RDR thread is a graveyard.
GAFers on Twitter are wondering why they even go here anymore.

Conan-san

Corpse of ADV vocals?

Sentai Filmworks is the name ADV gave itself to abuse some bullshit Texas tax code to skip out on paying it's debts when it went tits up back in, 07 I think.

Their dubs are known for being atrocious, taking great (or good, depending on your feelings) Shows like outbreak company, my love story and No Game No Life and saddling them with dubs that would make Haim Saban blush out of embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom