• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

If Parasyte had a better voice for Shinichi, the police chief, and a few other extras, it would have been kinda good. Migi, Kana, Murano, parasite lady, serial killer guy were good.

There's no saving AGK's dub though. oof. Or the show for that matter.

Good podcast guys

And I wasn't invited.

tumblr_o2qhk8IoJs1tydz8to1_500.gif

Now where am I supposed to gush about Roundabout for ten minutes?

So I decided to catch up on the new season of Star Wars Rebels.

And it's just okay. It's a show that doesn't really have any of the lows of The Clone Wars, but also none of the highs as well.

Thrawn is okay tho.

So I decided to catch up on the new season of Star Wars Rebels.

And it's just okay. It's a show that doesn't really have any of the lows of The Clone Wars, but also none of the highs as well.

Thrawn is okay tho.

I agree it suffers from coming before the original trilogy. Since you know the main cast is doomed by canon, and they can't really change much in the grand scheme of things, it kills the excitement somewhat.

So you're stuck watching them do side stories and pushing the suspension of disbelief a little to far when they evade and one up the Empire constantly. It just feels like there are too many filler episodes.

Clone Wars managed to get away with since they had more characters to play with and had a larger budget.

It's dead, Jim.

Yes?...buuuut Game IPs need to be sold off to bring back losses in debt but now that I'm actually looking into it UFG had close ties with Square Enix, especially its London development crew. so we can expect Sleeping Dogs to go to them.

Sad though, the Master Chief Collection UI isn't ever going to get fixed now. :\

The Persona 5 cast is a who's who of recent Toonami greats. Half the main cast of HxH. Kudelia and Atra. Saitama, Mumen Rider and even Atomic Samurai's apprentice Iaian.

Line_HTX

I didn't realize Kudelia was Cherami Leigh. Now I can identify her range better, haha

LOL at those people whining about the dub before the game even comes out, buncha Edge Lords.

ckohler

The fact it's almost 2 hours makes me curious. Not to mention the longest episode yet.

You should really wait for the edited version before listening, Zonic. The raw recording usually has around 15 minutes if extra stuttering, "umm"s, and "You know, Like..."s which I cut out. It's already done and I sent Grex the links to post. If you've subscribed to the feed, you can listen already.

Neoxon

Hopefully it stays like that because maybe it will push Viz to finish dubbing Part 3 and air it.
Viz Media already confirmed that Parts 3 & 4 are gonna get dubs, with the Part 3 dub being currently in production.

As for the current ratings, solid numbers for JoJo. Hopefully they hold steady for the remainder of Part 1 as well as Part 2 so the guys at Toonami are motivated to continue airing the show.

Yeah Funimation controls all the rights of Dragon Ball in North America which includes streaming. The new deal they made with CR is why it's going there with the sub.

The dub is probably already in development since Beerus's VA kind of let it slip a while back by accident.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Persona 5 dubs seems like it'll be good. It's got the SSB Wii U announcer as the main character!

You should really wait for the edited version before listening, Zonic. The raw recording usually has around 15 minutes if extra stuttering, "umm"s, and "You know, Like..."s which I cut out. It's already done and I sent Grex the links to post. If you've subscribed to the feed, you can listen already.
I probably should start doing this. I just tend to convert the YT version to MP3 so then that way I have something new to listen to instead of resorting to listening to old Giant Bomb stuff from 2014.

I don't use/have RSS, though. Guess maybe I should start doing that.

I'm reading the Dragonball Super manga instead so I don't care all too much.

I tried watching the anime but dear god. I couldn't take it. It wasn't even just the cheapness of retreading the movies but the animation is the absolute worst I've seen from Toei yet.

Grexeno

Episode #28 of the ToonamiGAF Podcast is a long one.

Episode 28 "Fisticuffs"
In this week's episode we discuss what goes into making a Toonami music video, why give Cell a sensu bean?!, what an amazing villian Dio is, does Mika understand emotions, Hunter x Hunter's world building, shippuden's confusing powers, Famous Spoilers, Harry Potter, Amimorphs, and the great voices in One Piece.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode028.mp3

Video:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode028.mp4

Timecodes:
0:00:24 News
0:11:22 DBZ
0:19:07 Jojo
0:40:07 IBO
0:58:50 HxH
1:11:04 Shippuden
1:22:24 Famous Spoilers, Harry Potter and Amimorphs
1:29:38 One Piece
1:41:25 Closing

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Toonami actually started the same day as my birthday. March 17th.

Sooo Samurai Jack is next year right? I'm assuming there's only 7 broadcasts of new content for the remainder of the year if you consider there's at least four marathons.

October 22nd: New
October 29th: Gundam IBO marathon for Halloween
November 5th: New
November 12th: New
November 19th: New
November 26th: Thanksgiving marathon
December 3rd: New
December 10th: New
December 17th: New
December 24th: Christmas Marathon
December 31st: New Year's Marathon

The 17th might be a marathon too.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Considering they did a marathon last year on Dec. 19, I feel like the 17th will be a marathon since it's the week before Xmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom