• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
M32vQM7.gif

Grexeno

Trigun probably wins the "Wait that wasn't actually on Toonami" award

Also reposting for new page:

Episode #28 of the ToonamiGAF Podcast is a long one.

Episode 28 "Fisticuffs"
In this week's episode we discuss what goes into making a Toonami music video, why give Cell a sensu bean?!, what an amazing villian Dio is, does Mika understand emotions, Hunter x Hunter's world building, shippuden's confusing powers, Famous Spoilers, Harry Potter, Amimorphs, and the great voices in One Piece.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode028.mp3

Video:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode028.mp4

Timecodes:
0:00:24 News
0:11:22 DBZ
0:19:07 Jojo
0:40:07 IBO
0:58:50 HxH
1:11:04 Shippuden
1:22:24 Famous Spoilers, Harry Potter and Amimorphs
1:29:38 One Piece
1:41:25 Closing

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

So in my anime tour of checking out series I've never watched, I got three episodes left of Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works.

I'm not feeling Shirou as a protagonist. I'm not opposed to the whole "challenge the Pacisfist's convictions" plot because one of my all time favorite characters is Vash and I think Trigun is the textbook example of how to tell that type of story well. Shirou's convictions though are straight up lunacy and the series did a poor job of displaying, at least in my opinion, why he'd continue to stick with them.

And to keep along with the Trigun gif train:

tumblr_o4puwrVCdf1vpbo35o1_500.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I thought someone was gonna tell me "nah, he's wearing those old style straw hats" or something & the animation was just off for that frame.

....also the Trigun film is one of the few movies & anime that I actually own. One of these days, I want to rewatch the series & maybe finally get around to reading the manga. Think I read the first volume or two thanks to my library, but they never got any more.

I'm no expert on this stuff but I gathered the general sentiment is that Oshii's more recent output (and foray into CG) has been pretty poor overall.

that's the impression i have too unfortunately

was hoping this thing would be a return to animation but whatever they can get i guess

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
AAAAAAAAAAAH
NX
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
NX!

I'm good.

... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'll admit to being interested in seeing Nintendo's new system concept.

I can't help but imagine a Wii-U Gamepad duct taped to the end of a Wii-Remote.

Regiruler

I can't wait for Hunting for your Dreams to get in circulation so I have a chance to bring up Galneryus every week.

How many more weeks now?

Was bored earlier so I went and rewatched the rest of Thriller Bark. When I really got into One Piece at the beginning of the year I binged through the Ice Hunters filler (where Toonami's One Piece was at the time) up to the timeskip in a few weeks and this was about the only arc I haven't rewatched since. I forgot how long and how good the final fight is. I actually like Moria's dub voice a lot more than his original.

zulux21

CvJ3RejUMAAcH1i.jpg:large

Yeah, I think we'll hear about a dub before the end of the year.
"
Announcing Dragon ball kai buu saga for toonami and dragon ball super for toonami.

as well as the voice casting for new characters.

first buu will air and once that is finished super will take its place. but if you can't wait you can watch the subs on crunchy until you are ready for the proper version."

what I expect them to say... minus the proper version thing :p

"
Announcing Dragon ball kai buu saga for toonami and dragon ball super for toonami.

as well as the voice casting for new characters.

first buu will air and once that is finished super will take its place. but if you can't wait you can watch the subs on crunchy until you are ready for the proper version."

what I expect them to say... minus the proper version thing :p

The super toys are allegedly coming next summer so I can't see them waiting till 2018 to air Super on tv/Toonami. Either a censored dub is gonna air on nicktoons/disney xd/cartoon network first, they're gonna double up on buu kai to get to super faster, or buu kai is gonna get the later half of naruto treatment where it gets hard skipped.

Breads

Banned
The influx of Jojo part 1 talk got me to watch the dub for the first time.

It's ridiculous.

I love it.

Dracula is the perfect pick to voice Dio.

Regiruler

The influx of Jojo part 1 talk got me to watch the dub for the first time.

It's ridiculous.

I love it.

Dracula is the perfect pick to voice Dio.
Holy shit, no wonder I had castlevania thoughts.

Also would have made it perfect for halloween if we had more episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom