• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

Do AOL Keywords exist anymore?
Cvl1dU2WgAAg6gn.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If Jojo continues to stay over a million &/or pleases DeMarco, I'm content with the ratings Jojo gets. As long as it means we'll get Part 3 down the line.

I don't think the first IBO will break a mil.
Might barely get a million, but then people will remember "aw crap, it's THESE episodes" or "....wait, THIS is what IBO is about? This episode was terrible, I'm not gonna waste my night watching this" & will be rather low.

People want their ORAORAs and JoJo isn't delivering it fast enough.

Time to replace it with the superior KeiJo!!!!!!!

tumblr_ofj2m9Xsvn1tp5yuio1_540.gif

For the love of Dio, keep watching, AS casuals.Even a stoner can enough Part 1.

So I was in the mood to play a shooter. But I didn't have a lot of money. Being only semi-employed does that to a man.

So I decided to go cheap, and pick up the first Call of Duty.
Codbox.jpg

And for the most part it's actually held up pretty well for a 2003 game. The general shooting mechanics are decent, though it does make me realize how shooters have changed in little and big ways over the years. (The Battle of Stalingrad is still pretty impactful.) There's one other aspect that hasn't held up as well. The sound design. The sound in Call of Duty switches between kinda quiet and the sound of the earth cracking in half. Seriously, I make sure the volume is low during some of the bigger sequences.

BBboy20

So I was in the mood to play a shooter. But I didn't have a lot of money. Being only semi-employed does that to a man.

So I decided to go cheap, and pick up the first Call of Duty.
Codbox.jpg

And for the most part it's actually held up pretty well for a 2003 game. The general shooting mechanics are decent, though it does make me realize how shooters have changed in little and big ways over the years. (The Battle of Stalingrad is still pretty impactful.) There's one other aspect that hasn't held up as well. The sound design. The sound in Call of Duty switches between kinda quiet and the sound of the earth cracking in half. Seriously, I make sure the volume is low during some of the bigger sequences.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0ZlMXkzUqI

Before Modern Warfare 2, Infinity Ward made experiences; no attempt of an narrative, just making a virtual bite sized version of a modern sword & sandal epic. Playing that mission, for the first time, had me feeling a flourish of hopelessness (and hope); downtrodden (and valorous). Upon listening to this song individually, you can say it was the first video game that made me (indirectly) cry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f5WFLCdkPQ
Beating the game again years later and being more knowledgable about the Cold War made me pissed off at both my nation and the (then) Soviet Union...what could have been after the last "Great" war...so many lives that could have been still around right now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Today is the 80th birthday of Masako Nozawa, the Japanese VA of Goku, & is still voicing him after all these years.

.........also, a reminder that Goku is voiced by an 80 year old lady.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Today is the 80th birthday of Masako Nozawa, the Japanese VA of Goku, & is still voicing him after all these years.

AKA this is one reason why I dropped Dragon Ball Super pretty damn quickly. While it is nice that she still has the gig, I just couldn't stand Goku and King Kai's voices.

Regiruler

Is women voicing adult men a common thing? This actually surprised me because Goku's voice is obviously masculine in the dub.

Mizerman

Yeah, I really can't listen to the JPN voices. Nothing against them personally, I just can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom