• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
U7s7IMP.gif

cntr

Banned
The appeal of Pokemon to me is the whole "adventure" exploration feel. Like yeah they're really just a collection of data and pixels, but it's nice to have your "own" Pokemon, cheesy as it is. The recent games are even better at making that happen.

I want to get Sun/Moon, but I don't have a 3DS ):

maybe I can save up money for a 2DS

Jarate

Banned
A true "roleplaying" game would be nice from Pokemon and also probably do really well

It amazes me btw how many video game players have never played a tabletop rpg before.

Regiruler

A true "roleplaying" game would be nice from Pokemon and also probably do really well

It amazes me btw how many video game players have never played a tabletop rpg before.

Pen and paper is really, really hard to get going, and if you're OCD there's an absolute ton of material to take care of.
It's also a pain for DMs, because people who play videogames naturally try to push things to the limit, and the story is a much softer constraint.

I say this as someone who enjoys going to our group that plays 5th edition every Sunday... although we're currently being destroyed by a bunch of stone giants and I've been KO'd twice in one attempt. Next week will be our third attempt.

Second attempt went badly when I critically failed for my horse to sneak. In retrospect I shouldn't have bothered summoning it (although having an extra body is useful for damage).

cntr

Banned
Pokemon's not too far off from a roleplaying game, really, since most of it is purely imagined. Hence the silent protagonist and the popularity with kids.

Jarate

Banned
Pen and paper is really, really hard to get going, and if you're OCD there's an absolute ton of material to take care of.

It's also a pain for DMs, because people who play videogames naturally try to push things to the limit, and the story is a much softer constraint.

Pen and Paper is really easy to get going depending on the system. It's only complex if you choose a complex system.

Also, it should be something people should know about just because you can see how much from video gaming derived from PnP. It's a great history lesson to understand what works. It also makes certain games that have really good roleplaying elements a lot more enjoyable.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hey remember the time when wizards made the perfect Dungeons and Dragons system for turning into a Tactical RPG, perfectly gamey and balanced and shit, and then NEVER MADE A VIDEO GAME OUT OF IT EVER?

Regiruler

Wait, there are people that actually *dislike* Just Awake?

The fuck is wrong with people

I don't dislike it, I simply had it stuck in my head for some reason as a very infectious ear worm because I listened to it earlier.
Pen and Paper is really easy to get going depending on the system. It's only complex if you choose a complex system.

Also, it should be something people should know about just because you can see how much from video gaming derived from PnP. It's a great history lesson to understand what works. It also makes certain games that have really good roleplaying elements a lot more enjoyable.
What's your example of a straightfoward system? DnD doesn't seem to be it as it took me over a month of sessions to understand it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Then again, Pokemon never did crossover with Digimon. 20+ years and that still hasn't happened.
Damn, why HASN'T that happened yet? That was something my friends would always question when both were at the height of their popularity.

Tenumi

Banned
So ToonamiGAF, are you guys getting Pokemon Sun or Moon? Have them both preordered but only want to keep one of them, so I'm curious as to what version people are getting.

I'll be getting Moon, although I have to wait until Christmas or later for it. At least it'll give me time to figure out which starter I want to pick.

Seda

DRAGON BALL Z KAI ADULT SWIM 12:00 AM 1,346 0.6
JOJOS BIZARRE ADVENTURE ADULT SWIM 12:30 AM 1,041 0.5
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM:I.B.O. ADULT SWIM 1:00 AM 895 0.4
HUNTER X HUNTER ADULT SWIM 1:30 AM 781 0.4
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN ADULT SWIM 2:00 AM 740 0.3

Shovel Knight is a good game. King Knight is the coolest knight. Polar Knight is the lamest. I'm glad
Shovel Knight got a happy ending.
Fuck spikes.

Looks like that random recap episode is having lasting effects on HxH.

Regiruler

Shovel Knight is a good game. King Knight is the coolest knight. Polar Knight is the lamest. I'm glad
Shovel Knight got a happy ending.
Fuck spikes.

Now play plague of shadows!

This is one of the best nights we've had in a while, yet the numbers seem not that great.
Jojo back over a million thankfully.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yay, Jojo doing better again.

Also STOP MAKING JANUARY THE MONTH OF JAPANESE GAMES, DAMN IT. How am I suppose to resist getting 220+ songs in a Project Diva game for only $54.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Jojo's doing basically the same as last week. It's the same in-demo rating, and it's only nominal difference in total viewership.

Stop obsessing over minutiae.

Jojo's doing basically the same as last week. It's the same in-demo rating, and it's only nominal difference in total viewership.

Stop obsessing over minutiae.

Reminds me of the old days of 2012 Toonami.

"OH GOD RATINGS ARE LOW WERE DOOMED!!!"

*Next Week*

"OH YEAH RATINGS ARE HIGH THANK GOD!!!"

Seda

January is pretty crazy. Resident Evil 7 is the biggest release. Dragon Quest 8 and Kingdom Hearts rereleases. There's Yakuza 0, Tales of Berseria, Gravity Rush 2. More niche stuff includes Disgaea 2 on PC, Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star, and Atelier Shallie Vita.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Gravity Rush 2 for me, maybe Project Diva Future Tone, but I might wait for a sale since, despite the value being rather good & I know I'll still like it, it's kind of above my limit for digital only games.

Otherwise, probably will try to focus on backlog stuff like World of Final Fantasy & FF15.....and all the stuff I've been getting on sale & will get on Black Friday like Ratchet & Clank.

bigkrev

Gravity Rush 2 for me, maybe Project Diva Future Tone, but I might wait for a sale since, despite the value being rather good & I know I'll still like it, it's kind of above my limit for digital only games.

Otherwise, probably will try to focus on backlog stuff like World of Final Fantasy & FF15.....and all the stuff I've been getting on sale & will get on Black Friday like Ratchet & Clank.

Future Tone is probably going to be the number 3 game on my GOTY list this year, behind only Overwatch and Superhot. I only have the Future Sound pack, but it basically takes away all the bullshit I hate about Diva (scratch notes, double notes, all the gift giving/room bullshit), adds in some great new mechanics (slide notes, simultanious presses), and is nothing but pure gameplay. The only complaints I have with the Japanese version is that it is SUPER Japanese- there is almost no english anywhere in the game, from song names to menu options, and that will probably be fixed for the US release.

It'd be fookin disgraceful to watch fake real athletics over HxH.

Real Talk, Conner might be the greatest promo of all time https://twitter.com/FurysFightPicks/status/797690367151894528

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom