• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

I know a fair number of people do say the RE6's mercenaries mode is really good, once you actually understand how to play (the game doesn't explicitly tell the player all the various 'advanced' controls and such.) I'm no expert but I played a bit of it, was fun.

Campaign/Story though, yeah. Not just the narrative, the gameplay structure didn't work well there.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
moar liek Zelda: Don't Hold Your Breath of the Wild.....

Considering the ambition they're aiming for & how much they need to Q&A test to ensure everything runs smoothly, I'm not all that surprised. Plus it would make for a good holiday game.

As long as there's something at launch worth owning (if they had a Mario game, that would be great), I don't mind as much.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My biggest question is wtf was that thing at the end of the trailer

Also I should've expected it, but Al looks to be CGI. Part of me was hoping for an actual metal suit.

ckohler

Podcast time! I think this one turned out really well with lots of interesting and funny commentary.

Episode 31 "A show full of Biscuits"
In this episode Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler, and Seda discuss football, Cell's baby names, why Jojo's bizarreness works, Biscuit's death, HxH subverting expectations, Sharknado vs the Perfect Team, the 'Poof Poof Fruit', and this week's Intruder III.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode031.mp3
Video:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode031.mp4

Timecodes:
0:00:49 News
0:03:24 DBZ
0:10:14 Jojo
0:35:48 IBO
0:49:40 HxH
1:02:27 Shippuden
1:13:40 One Piece
1:37:00 Intruder III
1:40:38 Sign Offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

bigkrev

Podcast time! I think this one turned out really well with lots of interesting and funny commentary.

Episode 31 "A show full of Biscuits"
In this episode Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler, and Seda discuss football, Cell's baby names, why Jojo's bizarreness works, Biscuit's death, HxH subverting expectations, Sharknado vs the Perfect Team, the 'Poof Poof Fruit', and this week's Intruder III.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode031.mp3
Video:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode031.mp4

Timecodes:
0:00:49 News
0:03:24 DBZ
0:10:14 Jojo
0:35:48 IBO
0:49:40 HxH
1:02:27 Shippuden
1:13:40 One Piece
1:37:00 Intruder III
1:40:38 Sign Offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

Lol thanks for the shoutout on Kurapikas feminine beauty

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So.

I need to think the details over & ensure I have the budget, but considering it's getting close to Xmas & it's been about 2-3 years since I've been on this community (almost 4 since I signed up for Neogaf), I want to do something for everyone here.

I'll probably post more about it later today, but I want to do a special giveaway on here because it's about time I did something to show my thanks & the appreciation I have for this community. Plus I've wanted to partake in Neogaf's Secret Santa, but felt that I would much rather do it with a group I'm more familiar with & prefer the more "direct" approach when it comes to asking what people want for presents.

Might've been better suited for Dec., but I wanted to mention it now because of the mood I've been in & I want to do something in line of the Xmas spirit, so might as well do it for the group I'm most familiar with here on Gaf.

Raxus

...I sense a disturbance in the JRPG fandom....

But at least we made the weeaboos happy. Now they don't have to hear all the hard work VA's have to do when bringing a game to the West!

Pretty Salty I have been looking forward to my first Persona game.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
We are so #blessed to have Clueless Gamer FF15 AND Persona 5 get delayed in the same week. The salt is glorious

Something needs to bring balance to the RPG force.

Square-Enix, unleash the Kingdom Hearts III release date!

Are people really angry about that?

Do they not get the point of the segment at all?

Someone I think Nibel pointed out on twitter how more post have been in this clueless gamer thread then all other cg threads combined. Apparently people were quoting the bible to prove their point.

Seda

I'm not going to take Conan 100% seriously, but I did feel his reactions and criticisms of FFXV were a little too genuine/on-point than just 'laughing at it' for fun. Moreso than the other games he plays.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm not going to take Conan 100% seriously, but I did feel his reactions and criticisms of FFXV were a little too genuine/on-point than just 'laughing at it' for fun. Moreso than the other games he plays.

Agreed. It did feel like he was much harsher in this particular segment than he normally is.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh come on, guys

when has a game that's taken 10 or more years to be released EVER been disappointing in any way

bigkrev

His Witcher 3 video was just him fucking a girl and reacting to that

Chase17

Ammo as a preorder bonus is hilarious

I know it probably makes more sense within in the context of the game or something but it's still funny.

Seda

His Witcher 3 video was just him fucking a girl and reacting to that

I watched a few Clueless Gamer videos I missed from earlier in the year.

I wasn't expecting the Mario Kart one to be mostly Conan, Zack Efron, and Seth Rogan drawing penises on each other.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ammo as a preorder bonus is hilarious

I know it probably makes more sense within in the context of the game or something but it's still funny.
I will never understand the "get more of X thing that you can already get within the game to beat the game faster/easier" or "special weapon/item/costume that makes the game easier!" pre-order bonus. Why give me something that's just going to make me get through the game quicker & possibly sell it ba....

...............well okay, I guess that makes sense if I pre-ordered from GameStop.....

I highly prefer physical items because they'll actually last longer/will be there long after I've beaten or stopped playing the game.

I will never understand the "get more of X thing that you can already get within the game to beat the game faster/easier" or "special weapon/item/costume that makes the game easier!" pre-order bonus. Why give me something that's just going to make me get through the game quicker & possibly sell it ba....

...............well okay, I guess that makes sense if I pre-ordered from GameStop.....

I highly prefer physical items because they'll actually last longer/will be there long after I've beaten or stopped playing the game.

As shitty as they are stuff like exclusive pre order only characters, costumes, or content is a far better incenstive for me to pre order then shit like 200 potions or 10 free boxes of ammo even if such a thing is crazy expensive in game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
As shitty as they are stuff like exclusive pre order only characters, costumes, or content is a far better incenstive for me to pre order then shit like 200 potions or 10 free boxes of ammo even if such a thing is crazy expensive in game.
Oh absolutely. I'd gladly take something that's exclusive to said pre-order (especially if the costume or content is neat) than "something that's just a normal unlockable or collectible". Even if it's just DLC that'll be added later on, you feel a bit better knowing you saved a few bucks, especially if you pre-ordered via Amazon or Best Buy's GCU.

I also don't mind if they do something like a theme for the system. Some of the 3DS themes I have in rotation were bonuses for buying or pre-ordering the game. I don't mind digital goods as pre-order bonuses, they just have to be done well.

But I'm also sort of a collector that likes to display some of the gaming goodies I've gotten over the years, hence my preference for physical over digital. I still have my Viewtiful Joe bobblehead from when I pre-ordered the game on Gamecube on display & in decent condition.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Considering Thanksgiving is next week, I'm kind of surprised we haven't heard any news of a possible marathon....but then again, when I was checking to see what 2013 & 2014 did, they did a regular schedule for both instead of a marathon like last year with Parasyte.

So only last year, out of all the post-revival years, got a Thanksgiving marathon...plus last year was when they shortened the block as well.

Edit: Not sure if it was mentioned, but Demarco said on his ask.fm that CWCLV "did well for us, we are all happy".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom