• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unicorn is a recut of the OVA, not a remake. I'm told it was well-received, so probably not a terrible cut?

The problem and my concern is how people will feel about the need for recaps as they were needed to fill the space from how the OVA was cut up and if that will be a turn-off for them. I hope not since Unicorn is overall fantastic.

The recap times varied but a few ran up to 4 minutes in some cases.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The problem and my concern is how people will feel about the need for recaps as they were needed to fill the space from how the OVA was cut up and if that will be a turn-off for them. I hope not since Unicorn is overall fantastic.

This is a block with Naruto and One Piece on it. I'm sure it will be fine.

cntr

Banned

Well, better than entire recap episodes.

e: and yeah, can't be worse than toei pacing

As far as the poll goes, I think Lupin being on there at all is a good sign. They seem to like it enough to get it regardless of where it places; it's more a question of if they could (and now maybe when they could, considering it's third, though they don't necessarily have to adhere to poll results)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
As far as the poll goes, I think Lupin being on there at all is a good sign. They seem to like it enough to get it regardless of where it places; it's more a question of if they could (and now maybe when they could, considering it's third, though they don't necessarily have to adhere to poll results)

My reading on that poll was actually that it was entirely about Lupin. Mob Psycho 100 is already surely near the top of their get list if they can pull it off anyway. They already know that Tokyo Ghoul is regularly requested. That's information that they already have and is likely already baked into any decision making process they have ongoing.

So that means the only real value the poll could possibly have (if any) would be to see if the people who DIDN'T want one of Tokyo Ghoul or Mob Psycho picked Lupin or literally anything else.

cntr

Banned
Judging from the amount of replies and votes, there's probably enough interest for Demarco to consider Lupin, right?

My reading on that poll was actually that it was entirely about Lupin. Mob Psycho 100 is already surely near the top of their get list if they can pull it off anyway. They already know that Tokyo Ghoul is regularly requested. That's information that they already have and is likely already baked into any decision making process they have ongoing.

So that means the only real value the poll could possibly have (if any) would be to see if the people who DIDN'T want one of Tokyo Ghoul or Mob Psycho picked Lupin or literally anything else.

true, though i guess i saw part of it as "do people actually still care about Tokyo Ghoul anymore" as well

Judging from the amount of replies and votes, there's probably enough interest for Demarco to consider Lupin, right?

i imagine, especially considering that a Twitter poll isn't necessarily going to speak to the interest of the greater audience (arguably the greater audience might actually care less about Lupin but still)

On the subject of the DBS' dub cast, It looks like the only things of note is that Alexis Tipton voices Kid Trunks instead of Laura Bailey and Meridith McCoy is returning as 18. Other than that, it's the same cast as always.

while merchandising deals would imply otherwise, i have been thinking that Dragon Ball Super announcements line up a little too neatly with the end of Kai on Toonami

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I guess the good news is Jojo seems to be doing well enough not to get demoted when the new Gundam show arrives but this might affect future seasons.

To take our mind off ratings...
CyNQqtmUcAAflp-.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Makes me wonder though if they're going to start doing Marathons for Thanksgiving weekend now as well.
They did one last year with Parasyte, which is why it seems kind of surprising they didn't do one this year, especially when Halloween "weekend" got one. Still think they should've had the IBO marathon for last weekend instead of Oct.

They did one last year with Parasyte, which is why it seems kind of surprising they didn't do one this year, especially when Halloween "weekend" got one. Still think they should've had the IBO marathon for last weekend instead of Oct.

Only thing I can think of is that maybe they wanted to make sure to finish off all the IBO episodes this year so that they can premier it's replacement after all of the December marathons.

zulux21

Buu Kai not making it to Toonami after all?

I can't imagine it won't... if that was a case given it is a fully complete dub no doubt funimation would be announcing home video releases of buu kai.

with how quickly the announcements are coming I am leaning towards buu kai on toonami, while super ends up on a different station sometime next year. Maybe disney will continue to make a big push with disney XD and team it up with pokemon. (toonami will have the rights outside of the us obviously though)

Crocodile

A) I can't say I'm super pumped for another Gundam Show right now. I haven't seen this one and buzz does seem ok though.
B) LOL at people thinking GT was coming to Toonami (even if it was only for half an hour)
C) I voted Lupin because though I didn't finish the season, I liked a good chunk of the episodes I'd seen and getting the old English Dub cast has me hype. I wouldn't expect it to be a big ratings winner though. MP100 seems guaranteed at some point and needs no votes whereas Tokyo Ghoul from what I recall seeing was kind of ass. It's probably going to make its way to Toonami too though :/
D) @Zonic - you have nothing to apologize for, DBZ is mostly looked upon favorably today because it was so iconic and formative. Nostalgia in essence. A fair critique of the Cell arc would mostly be negative.

Side-note,
Double JoJo replaces IBO

That's depending on if there is a Marathon on the 17th or not.

I actually wouldn't mind if they aired a double DBZ Kai and JoJo on the 17th that way, come January, they can start fresh with the Buu Saga and Battle Tendency.

And then the last two Marathons in December can be the last 7 episodes of the Cell Saga and Phantom Blood respectively.

Seda

Yeah, the schedule finally updated. Looks like Toonami will air two episodes of Jojo on December 17. "Final Ripple!" and "New York's JoJo" (that's the end of Part 1 and beginning of Part 2).

Yeah, the schedule finally updated. Looks like Toonami will air two episodes of Jojo on December 17. "Final Ripple!" and "New York's JoJo" (that's the end of Part 1 and beginning of Part 2).

Very nice.

Did the math and this also means Part 3 should be debuting at the end of April.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
ooommmggggg

That is going to be a fun night.

D) @Zonic - you have nothing to apologize for, DBZ is mostly looked upon favorably today because it was so iconic and formative. Nostalgia in essence. A fair critique of the Cell arc would mostly be negative.
Ah, okay. I just felt that out of everyone here, I was easily the most negative & it was starting to make me hate the series overall when I know it has its place in anime history & as mentioned, there are DBZ-related stuff I like. I'm not usually this negative but it's just been bringing out the same hate people got for stuff like AgK, SAO, & GXP when I would just laugh at how silly/stupid the shows got. I totally understand it's nostalgia, but I was fearing my comments were starting to go into "I can't believe kids liked this & you're wearing rose-tinted glasses if you still like this" territory since I don't want to go that route of feeling like insulting people who like/dislike certain shows.

Also, Funimation tweeted that "At the request of our partners, our English dub clip w/ Buu & Mr. Satan is no longer viewable."......huh...

Line_HTX

I think I've asked this before, but I don't remember.

Where does that laughing gif take place? I'm going to assume it's in Part 2.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I think I've asked this before, but I don't remember.

Where does that laughing gif take place? I'm going to assume it's in Part 2.

There's two I'm thinking of.
If it's one guy, then that's Part 2
If it's three, then that's Part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom