• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase17

I'm on episode 12 of Luke Cage. I'd say that there is a pretty clear point where the quality of the show goes way down hill.

Hoping it finishes strong though.

I wonder why seasons are always 13 episodes long. Because I would hope Netflix series would mean tighter paced shows, but that doesn't seem to be panning out. Doesn't Jessica Jones just run out of plot eight or so episodes in?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NARUTO - EPISODE SEVENTY-ONE: An Unrivaled Match, Hokage Battle Royale!

String string string!

The Sauce is coming. Temari is gonna handle this. Sauce activated her trap card. Sets off an explosion. Then more explosions. He monkey flips his way out of it. Sakura and Naruto hear the explosions. Trip wire traps. Sakura is worried but Naruto is sure he's okay.

Too old for this shit.

You know who's not okay? The Third Hokage. Orochimaru is gonna upgrade the Hokages with some spell tags in the back of the head. Makes them shut up and fight by the looks of it. Forbidden Justu - Reanimation. Doesn't use blood, uses living bodies to house the dead souls. Those coffins were people buried alive with the corpse dirt of the spirits to be summoned who take over the body. The spell tag robs them of free will and turns them into murder zombies. Brings the third to tears. This is some Shakespearean shit from Orochimaru. He's the student trying to kill his beloved teacher by making him fight his beloved teachers against their will. The zombies approach at an unnatural gait before remembering they are ninja zombies and the 2 on 1 Hokage fight begins.

InhlXMc.gif

Roasted, toasted, burnt to a crisp. Oh wait, the second Hokage is a master of water style and made a water wall. He can make water come from out of nowhere, completely unheard of in the ninja world. He then whips up a wave to wash away Sarutobi. He puts up an earth wall that barely gives him time to escape. The first is now coming at him with his ridiculous physical skills, running on the new roof top ocean. No one can match the first in a one on one fight.

Oh shit it's Jason!

This is not going well for the Third. Orochimaru is just watching so at least it's only 2 on 1 with the founders of the village. Sarutobi spider man crawls up his earth wall while the second shoots water lasers at him. The first starts growing a tree. Deep Forest Creation. This dude is unreal. Sarutobi fights the good fight but is eventually caught by some really persistent tree tentacles. No wonder it is the hidden leaf village. Konohamaru has a bad feeling about this. The third isn't out of tricks though and summons some back up.

Jiraiya?!?

No it's the Monkey King Enma. The king figures out what is going on pretty quickly. Should have killed Orochimaru when he had the chance. "Better late than never." Sarutobi orders him to bring forth his legendary weapon. Orchimaru orders his zombies to stop the transformation but it's too late. Enma domes the second and knocks the first away before transforming into the legendary adamantine staff. Power Pole Extend!

That's just nasty!

Orochimaru decides to get involved himself. The Kusanagi sword. Can even cut the adamantine staff! Lots of awesome kung fu movie flippy stuff. What are the zombies doing? Who cares! Orochimaru is getting owned...when they show up. The Third has some tricks up his sleeves and tags his two predecessors. Why didn't he use shadow clones? He's too old! Orochimaru stands over his teacher's prone body and starts gloating. Professor and warrior, great sage of the leaf who learned every jutsu.

GO HOME AND BE A FAMILY MAN.

The Anbu are terrible cheerleaders. Orochimaru starts cackling madly...as the staff forms an eye and starts giving the third some shit as well.

Must be all the dust in the air.

Now is the time for revenge...and the third sheds a single tear.

Shit is about to go down.

Epic combo. Sarutobi detonates the bombs he placed on the first and second. Now he's the only one standing as the zombies start reforming their blown up limbs. He needs to attack their souls and not their bodies. He needs to use the fourth Hokage's forbidden and evil jutsu and begs forgiveness from his teachers as he prays. More shit talk from Orochimaru. Sarutobi is old and busted.

LEGIT SHOOK.

Orochimaru has mastered that forbidden jutsu and is no longer human! Well, he's a human, just not Orochimaru.

Laugh it up.

Well, he is Orochimaru but possibly not human? Meanwhile Sasuke has finally caught the sand siblings.

BBboy20

I wonder why seasons are always 13 episodes long. Because I would hope Netflix series would mean tighter paced shows, but that doesn't seem to be panning out. Doesn't Jessica Jones just run out of plot eight or so episodes in?
According to GAF: Netflix and New York City tax mandates or some shit.

I don't even know why "fuck" and nipples are omitted in a streaming site.

The small details in regards of the action and climax scenes later on seem weird, disjointed, and sloppy. Also, in DD2,
Pun not using the minigun on those ninjas on the roof top is the worst wasted opportunity ever.

Maybe they should try making more episodic episodes if they're stuck with 13 episodes. Luke could have easily delved much deeper into life in Harlem in a comic book universe.

yeah if they're not gonna make them shorter then they really need to do some day-in-the-life stuff because it's pretty clear at this point that it's going to keep being a problem

BBboy20

yeah if they're not gonna make them shorter then they really need to do some day-in-the-life stuff because it's pretty clear at this point that it's going to keep being a problem
Gotham seems like it could have been the ultimate episodic show considering you're naming your show after a city and yet it appears to limit itself with select characters. You can probably go fucking anywhere with that show yet...it isn't really getting much of a critical reception.

Apparently, nipples are the devil.
To Marvel apparently. Jesus, the ending of the 4th episode of Daredevil 1 established that Netflix Marvel is NOT for children.

I don't even know why "fuck" and nipples are omitted in a streaming site.

There's plenty of movies and shows on Netflix that show both.

But Marvel doesn't want to cross that line in terms of language and sexual content. For good reason, of course. They still need to keep that broad demographic image.

I'm on episode 12 of Luke Cage. I'd say that there is a pretty clear point where the quality of the show goes way down hill.

Hoping it finishes strong though.

After Diamondback shows up, the show loses some steam
, but I thought the last three episodes turned it around and things picked back up to being exciting.

BBboy20

There's plenty of movies and shows on Netflix that show both.

But Marvel doesn't want to cross that line in terms of language and sexual content. For good reason, of course. They still need to keep that broad demographic image.
They crossed that line when they
had Sam Gideon's head become mush due to repetitive slams of a car door. It is BY FAR the goriest depiction in ALL of the MCU.

And then there's the Punisher..........

Jarate

Banned
Yeah, but what if my child sees a nipple. how am I going to explain nipples to my child. it's not like children have nipples at all

They crossed that line when they
had Sam Gideon's head become mush due to repetitive slams of a car door. It is BY FAR the goriest depiction in ALL of the MCU.

And then there's the Punisher..........

Yeah, but what if my child sees a nipple. how am I going to explain nipples to my child. it's not like children have nipples at all

Depends on where you live.

Long story short:
America = violence OK, nipples NO
Europe = nipples OK, violence NO

Jarate

Banned
The art style is fine outside of the character models. The world is too detailed for such weird blobby looking things and doesnt look visually consistent at all with the world. I get what the art style is going for, cartoony grossness can work very well, but it needs to be a lot more detailed then what we are getting. This is also a flaw of the general color scheme of the player characters having some of the ugliest colors on earth

Neoxon

Off the top of my head, the only shows I can see being requested that would be considered "big" are My Hero Academia, Escaflowne, Fairy Tail (plz no), & I guess Psycho Pass &/or Tokyo Ghoul. I'd say Sailor Moon but Crystal doesn't seem to have a great reputation.

It's more a matter of time for future seasons of stuff like AoT, Jojo, SAO, OPM, etc.

That's why I'm curious as to what the new top 5 most requested shows will be.
I feel like Mob Psycho 100, My Hero Academia, Tokyo Ghoul, & Psycho Pass will be amongst the next requested shows.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OUCH at that drop from OPM to IBO......IBOPM?

Also, interesting to see more of the demographic returned for HxH than IBO.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
IBO's numbers are fine, and it still pulled nearly a 0.4 in demo. If this was the old ASA block, those numbers would be considered outstanding.

Kai and One Punch Man are just freaks. Those in demo numbers are classic Inuyasha/FMA tier, i.e. tops all time for ASA.

Seda

I thought IBO was pretty good about through the meeting with Teiwas.

I was willing to allow maybe a rough middle patch, but that was 7-8 episodes ago now.

IBO's numbers are fine, and it still pulled nearly a 0.4 in demo. If this was the old ASA block, those numbers would be considered outstanding.

Kai and One Punch Man are just freaks. Those in demo numbers are classic Inuyasha/FMA tier, i.e. tops all time for ASA.

What was the most recent show in the third slot? Parasyte? Someone can check those average numbers to see if Gundam is significantly different than that

Jarate

Banned
This week was probably the worst IBO episode

I agree with Seda, the show was good until we met space harem guy. It's like the first half of the series was directed by a completely different guy then the last half who had way different goals on what they wanted to achieve with the story

I dont think IBO ratings are horrible, but they arent that good tbh. It's doing a little bit better then HxH which is a show that I dont think Western Toonami anime fans like that much

Moaradin

HxH did consistently better than IBO when it was in that timeslot and even now it's doing better from time to time, including this week.

I wish they would swap tbh.

Jarate

Banned
HxH did consistently better than IBO when it was in that timeslot and even now it's doing better from time to time, including this week.

I wish they would swap tbh.

Unless IBO2 is a major improvement in every way, I doubt we get it for a while

IBO did good ratings at the start, but man, this lull has been awful in a way that even the mouthbreathers who enjoy bleach wouldnt enjoy it

at least bleach is so stupid it's entertaining sometimes. IBO is trying its hardest to be stupid and not entertaining at all

Also, Cudelia is literally the least interesting revolutionary character in the history of storytelling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom