• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Glad the ratings are back to normal & Jojo is getting a million again.

As for HxH, I really don't dislike any of the characters so far....but at the same time, I don't have a favorite as well, if that means anything.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Who's your guys least favorite Jojo character so far
So far, no idea. I guess Dire because he's just.....there?

Out of the series, it's from a part that hasn't even been animated yet, so I can't say yet.

Edit: Actually, I wouldn't say least favorite character, but my least favorite villain to be more precise. No idea who out of Part 1, let alone the entire franchise, would be my least favorite character out of everyone.

zulux21

Who's your guys least favorite Jojo character so far

jojo.

I am sure there are others that I like less, but I can't remember their names, so yeah jojo :p
I can't stand him at all, so generic @_@

(future jojo spoiler that I think most people know lol)
I like the second jojo, just not the first one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
@spoiler above: agreed, but I'll wait until next week or so to explain my opinion on that as to let people witness it for themselves.

cntr

Banned
Dio's a terrible person, but a great character. As a good villain is!

How does one shatter their spine playing Dragon Quest?
Jokes aside, that's the real reason Togashi went on these hiatuses. He injured his back so badly from bad posture while drawing that he can barely move anymore.

If I had to be completely honest, and I'm probably going heel for saying this, but Speedwagon. If we're talking strictly main characters, there's not a lot to Speedwagon outside of the memes. He exposits how Jonathan is feeling and warmed up Zeppeli's frozen arm with his abs.

cntr

Banned
gasp

(jokes aside, yeah none of the Part 1 characters are really all that great. I still like them, but I get if you don't.)

gasp

(jokes aside, yeah none of the Part 1 characters are really all that great. I still like them, but I get if you don't.)

Only Part 1 characters with any real depth, to be frank, is Jonathan and Dio and that's moreso due to how the two play off one another as foils.

cntr

Banned
Phantom Blood in general is the weakest part. I like it for its sheer cheese and setting up certain things, but yeah.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think it's safe to say Part 1 is Araki trying to find his "style"/groove, like the first season of a popular show is trying to figure out what works & fixes the stuff that doesn't, to which the 2nd & 3rd season finally get into their groove & have a better idea of the format.

....if that makes any sense.

Mizerman

I think it's safe to say Part 1 is Araki trying to find his "style"/groove, like the first season of a popular show is trying to figure out what works & fixes the stuff that doesn't, to which the 2nd & 3rd season finally get into their groove & have a better idea of the format.

....if that makes any sense.

Yeah, Part 1 was Araki getting his feet wet within the context of Jojo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm trying to hold off until we see the final Part 1 episode & the first Part 2 episode to go into more detail. Thankfully, since they're on the same night, it'll be easier/quicker to explain the difference between the two in terms of tone, style, etc. & fully explain my opinion on Part 1, but I'll hold off until we see them next week.

I'll keep it brief because I don't want to fully judge characters ~15% into a story.

Gon is stupidly stubborn to an irritating degree. Repeatedly getting hit by Canary and his refusal to let Hanzo "give up" in the Hunter Exam tourney exemplify this. It almost comes across as selfish. Like some person pestering you repeatedly until they get what they want. It's also just a bit unbelievable and generic. "Never Give Up" shonen and all that.

Leorio has a little bit more going for him because of his desire to help people (be a doctor) and he genuinely seems like a kind and empathetic person at times, but his role as a sort comic relief often undermines this. He hasn't had much spotlight yet (and what he has had is usually to his detriment) so there's not much to go on (yet, I hope).
Man you haven't even seen Gon at his worst yet.

Akainu

And the place Biscuit learned nen from is run by Netero. I just got the order mixed up.

I'm sorry to bring this up again. I'm not sure what your point is? Biscuit taught Wing nen end of discussion. If Gon and Killua learned from Wing and Biscuit doesn't mean they learned from Netero.

ckohler

eeSmtQu.jpg

Episode 34 "Artisanal Edmonton"
In this episode Grexeno, B-Dubs, and ckohler talk Toonami news, death in DBZ, Dio's many dick moves, IBO's biggest jerk, Beyblade nudity, Slippery When Wet, and OARs BALL!

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode034.mp3
Video:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode034.mp4

Timecodes:
0:00:31 News
0:12:25 DBZ
0:22:01 Jojo
0:28:09 IBO
0:37:09 HxH
0:42:08 Shippuden
0:47:40 One Piece
0:52:28 Sign Offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

Seda

Jason needs to clarify the 8pm thing. Will it be a double airing (once early, once in the block), totally separate from Toonami, something else?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
If we're not getting Buu Kai, then someone should write up a summary of what happens during that arc.

Seda

Well, Super is at 11:30 PM as well but this what I am thinking.

Oh I see, so looks like:

08:00pm DB Super
11:30pm DB Super
12:00am DB Kai Buu (probably)
12:30am Jojo
01:00am Gundam Unicorn
01:30am Hunter X Hunter
02:00am Naruto
02:30am One Piece
03:00am rerun slot

The DB Super double airing will be the same episode twice in a night, rather than 8pm being a rerun of the last week like it was before with Kai.

cntr

Banned
The way it says "premier" makes it sound like they'll show the first episode at 8 pm to show off that they have new Dragonball, then continue with Toonami as usual? It's a bit ambiguous.

zulux21

If we're not getting Buu Kai, then someone should write up a summary of what happens during that arc.

gohan becomes a super hero
gets the best girl
a wizard shows up
revives a pink blob
goku and vegeta become one in body and mind.
managed to desperate by being turned into candy and eaten
they find the power of friendship with vegeta admitting goku is his friend
and through the power of friendship kill the pick blob magically turning him into a boy named uub.

Fuck the Buu Saga then. It'll be a shame not to see Vegeta and Mr. Satan's character development but... that's really it.

Maybe Majin Buu too. I like his character but other than that... eh...

So weird that my thoughts on that saga flip-flopped so much considering it kind of got me into DBZ in the first place. Well, that and the Goku vs. Taopaipai fight from Dragonball.

Aren't they just going to move everything up like they did last time they got the 11:30 slot so that Toonami will end after the 2:30 showing again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom