• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Oh, Buu Kai is confirmed now

kFTTpk0l.jpg

I guess not.

Seems like a weird way to do this. You'd think they'd want to stretch out how much DBZ they have access to by airing this stuff one at a time.

Alright.

Geekdom 101 who is a insider of Funimation said in November that Buu Saga Kai should be announced in December.

So we'll just have to wait and see if that actually happens.

Jarate

Banned
Zonic is going to be so upset about Buu Saga lol. If you thought Cell Saga was bab, wait until you meet the worst DB saga OF ALL TIME. And yes, filler Garlic Jr Saga might be better tbh

No one brings the ratings like Dragon Ball does.

In any case, it's good that Super is airing, but it's going to be hard for me to get past the retellings again.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Here's the tentative end dates.

One Punch Man: January 28th
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: April 22nd
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn: June 3rd
DBZ Kai: The Final Chapters: March 3rd 2018
Hunter x Hunter: March 9th 2019
Dragon Ball Super: Nobody knows.
Naruto Shippuden: THE COW IS DEAD PIERROT!
One Piece: You guys like political marriages?

munchie64

Zonic is going to be so upset about Buu Saga lol. If you thought Cell Saga was bab, wait until you meet the worst DB saga OF ALL TIME. And yes, filler Garlic Jr Saga might be better tbh
Maybe Kai will get some (not many) to realise Buu arc is better in a lot of ways lol
Is the Buu music at least better
The music itself isn't better but, simply from the fact it was actually composed for the series, it's a lot better.

Moaradin

Android 18 having a different voice in shows that are airing at the same time is gonna be super weird, but from everything we know, Buu Kai was dubbed a long time ago. Back when Meredith McCoy had scheduling conflicts.

Might be the same for Trunks as well.

Seda

Trunks has the wrong actor listed, they list Eric Vale when that's just adult Trunks.
Laura Baily should be Trunks in Buu Kai, however she is not in Super.

That list has a lot of Cell arc characters in it, for whatever reason. And yeah, Kid Trunks isn't listed.

So let's talk about something here for a moment.
The 11:30 and 12:00 slots are pretty much locked until March 2018. Samurai Jack is expected to arrive sometime in March of 2017.
Now, this brings up the question: WHERE will it air?

The only likely option is expanding the block to 11:00 for Jack.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The 11:30 and 12:00 slots are pretty much locked until March 2018. Samurai Jack is expected to arrive sometime in March of 2017.

12:30 and move everything back.

Moaradin

I can see that happening. I don't see them pushing Dragon Ball back or putting Jack in a late slot.

is dbs good

Like, really, for people who's nostalgia for DBZ is there, but not really strong, for people who have watched various other fighting shonens since DBZ and have become rather bored with DBZ's transformations and beam attacks and fast punch and kick loops.

Does it stand up to "modern standards"? Is it good compared to everything else on the market, besides being connected to a nostalgic/historically important property?

Has Dragon Ball evolved since last it was being made?

is dbs good

Like, really, for people who's nostalgia for DBZ is there, but not really strong, for people who have watched various other fighting shonens since DBZ and have become rather bored with DBZ's transformations and beam attacks and fast punch and kick loops.

Does it stand up to "modern standards"? Is it good compared to everything else on the market, besides being connected to a nostalgic/historically important property?

My best answer;
Your mileage may vary.
People's opinions on the series range from it being shit to it being a great show, so you'll just have to see how you feel about the show. It is a very different show than Z though with a fairly large emphasis on humor.

So two Dragon Ball series at the same time? I knew it was a possibility but I didn't expect that to be the case going forward. Going to be somewhat jarring hearing Kid Trunks and Android 18's voices changing between shows.

Moaradin

is dbs good

Yes.

Have you seen the recent movies? That's the type of tone Super goes for. It's extremely goofy and a lot less serious than DBZ was, and feels closer to Dragon Ball than DBZ in that regard (though it still has the insane escalating power levels of DBZ and it has its serious moments from time to time)

I personally really loved the more goofy tone that Battle of Gods brought back. It does hold up more than DBZ does IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom