• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Do people even like the Garlic Jr. Saga? All I remember is Krillin fighting in a white suit. I've only seen it once.

PWHlSde.gif

sessmMl.gif

cc4FSMr.gif

I like how Marron was just a Bulma clone but dumb as a brick and made purely for fanservice.

She was handled allot better with TFS's abridged dub.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My only guess for the clothing is a brief line that explains that women are the only ones in the town who have "real" jobs, like at the power plant you see when wandering around town with the one dude's sister.

....yet all the shops & places you can eat are run by guys. But I guess they mean the hard labor jobs & what not, I don't know, just a random line that stuck out for some reason.

Wasn't there a leak that said Super would have 100 episodes?

It's not really confirmed, but I don't expect it to last hundreds of episodes.

Super has no planned end and Dragon Ball is a bigger money maker for Bandai than One Piece now, the show will go till it stops making money. Sheuisha even recently made an entire division dedicated to Dragon Ball, this train ain't stoppin at 100.

BBboy20

Super has no planned end and Dragon Ball is a bigger money maker for Bandai than One Piece now, the show will go till it stops making money. Sheuisha even recently made an entire division dedicated to Dragon Ball, this train ain't stoppin at 100.
Well, the ending to Battle of Gods more or less imply "infinite" possibilities so...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
therideneverends.jpg

also, that feeling of buying one game (Skies of Arcadia Legends) to then discover another game (Digimon Cyber Sleuth) you want is on sale but you feel like you shouldn't to maintain your budget.......& you're already playing another game (FF15).

Edit: Also, Jojo is now THIRTY YEARS OLD. & STILL GOING.

Super will also be making more money for Bandai and Sheuisha as it is starting around the world and it will probably start making more money than One Piece for Toei with the global broadcasts as well (It is currently right behind One Piece for them).
So yeah, thisrideneverends.jpg is pretty apt.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
There are a few good things about the Buu saga.

There are some really good character moments for Vegeta and
Mr. Satan
, for example.

Unfortunately, it also has all of DBZ's worst qualities in abundance, and wastes the vast majority of its characters to an extent that's ridiculous even for this show. It's a damn shame because it actually starts out in a fairly promising way.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Digibro discusses Hunter x Hunter and One Punch Man and asks if they're really "subversions" of the Shonen genre. This video contains soooo many spoilers for series featured on Toonami, watch at your own risk

There are a few good things about the Buu saga.

There are some really good character moments for Vegeta and
Mr. Satan
, for example.

Unfortunately, it also has all of DBZ's worst qualities in abundance, and wastes the vast majority of its characters to an extent that's ridiculous even for this show. It's a damn shame because it actually starts out in a fairly promising way.

Gohan got completely screwed over.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Honestly, I'm like 5 seconds into the actual video and there's already a very glaring issue with his analysis: he's comparing HxH with more modern stories that came after it. He doesn't seem to realize what the timeline looks like and that it actually matters when discussing this stuff.

You can't compare HxH to Naruto or Bleach and say because the latter did the same thing that the former is just par for the course considering the former is what set that par in the first place.

When you're talking about stuff like subversion and deconstruction the timeline matters, a lot. What's subversive 10 years ago isn't going to be subversive today.

I watched that video yesterday. I actually found it to be pretty good. The TL;DR version of it is people have started to use "Subversive" and "Deconstruction" as praises to the point where they've started to become shallow praises.

Honestly, I'm like 5 seconds into the actual video and there's already a very glaring issue with his analysis: he's comparing HxH with more modern stories that came after it. He doesn't seem to realize what the timeline looks like and that it actually matters when discussing this stuff.

You can't compare HxH to Naruto or Bleach and say because the latter did the same thing that the former is just par for the course considering the former is what set that par in the first place.

When you're talking about stuff like subversion and deconstruction the timeline matters, a lot. What's subversive 10 years ago isn't going to be subversive today.

Further in the video he compares it to contemporary series and series that predates HxH like Dragon Ball and JoJo.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Further in the video he compares it to contemporary series and series that predates HxH like Dragon Ball and JoJo.

Except he doesn't seem to realize that and that's rather an important thing to realize. Like as I go through the video half his points are getting crossed off due to his misunderstanding of the timeline.

I'm glad Toonami is going to air the rest of the DBZ Kai series in preparation for Super. Maybe now I can stomach watching the complete Buu saga with you guys because I had to tap out midway a long time ago.

How does one compare HxH with Naruto without realizing that Naruto lifted a lot of stuff from HxH? Watching the video and Digibros sounds like a hipster neck beard. I really need to watch Gintama at some point and why the fuck hasn't it been dubbed and thrown on Toonami yet?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One Punch Man is less subversion and more blunt satire. The joke only works because it is played straight. Look what Luffy does during the entire east blue part of One Piece. Something holds him up, the rest of the crew manage to defeat the henchmen, and when Luffy is ready to fight the villains are shocked at how strong he is and go down with barely a whimper.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, GUYS! LOOK WHAT I GOT IN THE MAIL TODAY!

WRjzst7.jpg

:OOOOOO

WcQpBsN.jpg

I really hope this leads to my house becoming a Nielsen family. Can you imagine? Actually having an impact on Toonami's ratings.

I really hope this leads to my house becoming a Nielsen family. Can you imagine? Actually having an impact on Toonami's ratings.

I got one of those last summer. Basically they are going to see you a TV diary to tract the type of shows you've watched over the course of like two weeks.

BatDan

*reading Kingdom Hearts story*

How many different forms of
Xehanort
are there?

At the moment there's twelve. We know of six.
Old Xehanort, Young Xehanort, his Heartless (Ansem: SoD), his Nobody (Xemnas), Braig/Xigbar, and Isa/Saix. He wanted to make Sora the 13th but Riku, Mickey, and Lea stopped that.
I just boil the time travel down to "It's the reason 13 Xehanorts are running around"

Grexeno

At the moment there's twelve. We know of six.
Old Xehanort, Young Xehanort, his Heartless (Ansem: SoD), his Nobody (Xemnas), Braig/Xigbar, and Isa/Saix. He wanted to make Sora the 13th but Riku, Mickey, and Lea stopped that.
I just boil the time travel down to "It's the reason 13 Xehanorts are running around
oeH8FAM.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Aren't most of those fuckers dead? I thought the only ones still running strong are
Old, Young, and Terra.

bigkrev

Funi announced AoT S2 licensing
http://funi.to/2gpRZEa
I guess the question is if they run it on Toonami or save it for their streaming service.

Reruns of AOT died firey deaths ratings wise so who knows if Too ani would want it anyway

Grexeno

I guess the question is if they run it on Toonami or save it for their streaming service.

Reruns of AOT died firey deaths ratings wise so who knows if Too ani would want it anyway
New episodes were hot fire though

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Premier episodes did great numbers.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
BUT GUYS, IF YOU ACTUALLY PLAYED THE GAMES, IT MAKES COMPLETE SENSE! YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO PLAY THE SIDE GAMES TO FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENS IN THE MAIN ONES

Seriously, even as a teen, I don't think I understood most of what was going on in KH2 or the whole Roxas deal. I miss when it was basically "go rescue your friend by traveling to Disney worlds and also one of them is evil but you might be able to turn him good again"

Crocodile

Man yesterday was certainly an eventual day in Toonami news. We're becoming the Dragon Ball block (featuring Gundam and Shonen Jump adaptations) LOL

Whatever works for ratings is good though its going to be tough to squeeze in shorter shows. I do wonder if Jack would get the block to expand to 11pm.

http://funi.to/2gpRZEa

Jojo Part II ends near the end of April

AoT S2 starts in the beginning of April

5NkbvG4.png

Grexeno

Man yesterday was certainly an eventual day in Toonami news. We're becoming the Dragon Ball block (featuring Gundam and Shonen Jump adaptations) LOL

Whatever works for ratings is good though its going to be tough to squeeze in shorter shows. I do wonder if Jack would get the block to expand to 11pm.

Jojo Part II ends near the end of April

AoT S2 starts in the beginning of April

5NkbvG4.png
That would kind of make the recent poll a waste of time though wouldn't it?

BatDan

Aren't most of those fuckers dead? I thought the only ones still running strong are
Old, Young, and Terra.

That's what the time travel is for! Yes it doesn't make sense, but really all you need to know about the time travel is "It's the reason multiple Xehanorts are running around".

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Funimation said AoT S2 is airing in April in Japan. They didn't mention if they'd be doing a simuldub yet, let alone when a dub would be happening.

Ran right alongside Dragon Ball, too.

Araki could write JoJo for another 30 years. Or 300 since he's immortal.

WRjzst7.jpg

WcQpBsN.jpg

Now it's your responsibility to make sure every television is on Adult Swim every Saturday.

I don't know if that's how it works. lol

Seda

BUT GUYS, IF YOU ACTUALLY PLAYED THE GAMES, IT MAKES COMPLETE SENSE! YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO PLAY THE SIDE GAMES TO FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENS IN THE MAIN ONES

Seriously, even as a teen, I don't think I understood most of what was going on in KH2 or the whole Roxas deal. I miss when it was basically "go rescue your friend by traveling to Disney worlds and also one of them is evil but you might be able to turn him good again"

CoM/KH2 introduced a lot weird things to the story. I think BBS kinda sorta made things a little clearer (even if it did so by introducing /more things/)

And then DDD comes along and basically throws everything out the window WTFBBQ style (cause time travel was exactly what the plot needed). And I guess now you have to play the mobile game to understand things? yeah forget that. All I need to know is I hit things with a big key.

Crocodile

That would kind of make the recent poll a waste of time though wouldn't it?

I mean its not like if they don't air one of those shows by April that they can never run them. Either way, I'm just throwing out possibilities.

Funimation said AoT S2 is airing in April in Japan. They didn't mention if they'd be doing a simuldub yet, let alone when a dub would be happening.

Sure. However, they've already demonstrated they have the means. If all the parties involved want that to happen, it will happen :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom