• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If we get word of a simuldub happening, then the possibility seems much higher. Plus 12:30 would make for a good slot.

Plus maybe the poll was for what to air after AoT S2 finished.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One Piece is lit this week.
tumblr_ohw8f3Wt5K1uqph3go1_400.jpg

At the moment there's twelve. We know of six.
Old Xehanort, Young Xehanort, his Heartless (Ansem: SoD), his Nobody (Xemnas), Braig/Xigbar, and Isa/Saix. He wanted to make Sora the 13th but Riku, Mickey, and Lea stopped that.
I just boil the time travel down to "It's the reason 13 Xehanorts are running around"
Even Kojima could write a story that's more coherent than this.

Yeah, Spiderman Homecoming looks alright.

I'm not crazy for thinking some of the CG looks off though right? The fight with the robbers looks odd to me.

Crocodile

Since the Dragon Ball Super opening will be playing at the front of Toonami FOR THE REST OF TIME, I hope they dub the song and, importantly, dub it well.

Moaradin

Since the Dragon Ball Super opening will be playing at the front of Toonami FOR THE REST OF TIME, I hope they dub the song and, importantly, dub it well.

I don't want to see it dubbed. Unless they get Vic to do it, the chance of it sucking is too damn high.

Seda

Obviously I don't mind dubs, but I'd rather they just stick to the Japanese openings. Translating music is awkward and tricky. While different language covers can be interesting, there's a high chance it'll be poor.

Omg, you know what this means.

Dragon Soul will return to being shortened.

Buu Kai has a different opening anyway.

Crocodile

I don't want to see it dubbed. Unless they get Vic to do it, the chance of it sucking is too damn high.

I'm going to be optimistic and hope/assume they don't fuck it up

Even better. No more Dragon Soul at all.

.....Super's OP can't be worse than English non-Vic Dragon Soul, right?

Here are English fan covers of the TV size and Full version (the best one IMO) of the Dragon Ball Super opening. How do those sound to you? I'd hope hypothetical covers done by Funimation would be as good or better.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
wtf, why is there a fat Beerus?

That's......an alright OP. Japanese version is meh (it's mainly the singer), but that English cover sounds better. Now I just hope Funimation can sound as good.

ckohler

Totally agree. I like the DB Super OP and Funi might mess it up.

Granted, I could see it getting dubbed if Adult Swim programming thinks 8:00 pm is too early for viewers to hear Japanese vocals.

Totally agree. I like the DB Super OP and Funi might mess it up.

Granted, I could see it getting dubbed if Adult Swim programming thinks 8:00 pm is too early for viewers to hear Japanese vocals.

Funimation hasn't dubbed an opening in years. Iirc they basically said it cost too much and wasn't well enough received in general. Odds are Buu Kai may have a dubbed opening (since it seems like all of buu kai has been done for awhile) but Super won't.

Funimation hasn't dubbed an opening in years. Iirc they basically said it cost too much and wasn't well enough received in general. Odds are Buu Kai may have a dubbed opening (since it seems like all of buu kai has been done for awhile) but Super won't.
At least YYH got a really good dubbed theme.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was really excited to see what Funimation was going to do with One Piece's 5th opening back in the day. It's one of my favorite openings of all time and they had mostly a good track record with One Piece's dub songs.

Seemingly that was the one that got them out of dubbing intros forever as that was the first one they couldn't get permission for, or so I've been told years ago.

EVERY song they did for YYH ranged from "really good" to "strictly better than the Japanese version"
Funi put so much god damn love into YYH. I always find it hilarious that YYH and DBZ share the same cast barring exceptions and YYH has a much better dub performance wise. Yet DBZ keeps them afloat and YYH is like this forgotten treasure or something.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Funi put so much god damn love into YYH. I always find it hilarious that YYH and DBZ share the same cast barring exceptions and YYH has a much better dub performance wise. Yet DBZ keeps them afloat and YYH is like this forgotten treasure or something.

DBZ was also their first dub. Go back and compare some scenes with Kai. They learned quickly after all. FMA 2003 is also early in their run and it's great.

Also they love YYH so much that they re-recorded a ton of it for the Blu-Ray release so it has an even better dub.

DBZ was also their first dub. Go back and compare some scenes with Kai. They learned quickly after all. FMA 2003 is also early in their run and it's great.

Also they love YYH so much that they re-recorded a ton of it for the Blu-Ray release so it has an even better dub.
Why do I always forget FMA is Funimation? I think because at that time Vic was in it and I always just considered him an ADV guy. I had no idea they actually rerecorded YYH audio for the Blu Rays. I should probably watch the blu rays and dvd's I have to compare the two, but who has time for that?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I won't be able to watch the majority of Toonami tomorrow night. Work wants me at 9 in the morning on Sunday. At most I'll try for the IBO finale.

On a better note, I got my ticket for One Piece Film Gold next month!

So Funimation will be premiering the Mob Psycho 100 dub on Funimation now. Not that it makes it impossible for it to air on Toonami but so far I don't believe we've seen a dub they've put online first air on the block.

Moaradin

Mob Psycho dub is full of people that don't really do any Funimation stuff. They got Mikazuki's VA to play Mob. I can see that working. Have no idea about the guy who plays Reigen. Doesn't seem to have many roles under his belt. Only one I recognize is Biscuit's brother from IBO, but there's a huge leap in a small role like that to Reigen. Hope he does well.

Cast list for reference:

Shigeo: Kyle McCarley (Mikazuki from IBO)
Reigen: Chris Niosi (Savarin from IBO)
Ritsu: Max Mittelman (Saitama from One Punch Man)
Ekubo: Michael Sorich (Tonpa from HxH)
Hanazawa: Erik Kimerer (Biscuit from IBO)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Mob Psycho dub is full of people that don't really do any Funimation stuff. They got Mikazuki's VA to play Mob. I can see that working. Have no idea about the guy who plays Reigen. Doesn't seem to have many roles under his belt. Only one I recognize is Biscuit's brother from IBO, but there's a huge leap in a small role like that to Reigen. Hope he does well.

Cast list for reference:

Shigeo: Kyle McCarley
Reigen: Chris Niosi
Ritsu: Max Mittelman
Ekubo: Michael Sorich
Hanazawa: Erik Kimerer

Chris Niosi is Kirbopher. He did Brawl Taunts, Super Freakin' Parody Rangers, some other stuff I'm sure. He's now a professional voice actor.

Also, Max Mittelman is Saitama.
Erik Kimerer is Sonic on OPM and Biscuit on IBO.

Michael Sorich though holy shit! Look at this guy's resume! He was Squatt on Power Rangers!

Didn't even post the cast list smh.

Mob-Kyle McCarley (AKA Mikazuki)
Reigen-Chris Niosi (AKA Dezel from Tales of Zestiria)
Ritsu-Max Mittleman (AKA Saitama)
Ekubo-Michael Sorich (AKA Tonpa the rookie crusher)
Hanazawa-Erik Kimerer (Speed O'Sound Sonic)

Gotta say, I really like their choice for Mob. I feel like he's a good fit. Not that familiar with Reigen's VA. Will have to hold judgement on the rest till I see how they're approaching
the roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom