• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
cUtd0Qr.gif

Most forgettable is still Beware the Batman to me.

I can tell you things about Dimension W and Samurai 7. (The studio, reactions, how they begin and end.)

Can't say the same for Beware the Batman.

Moaradin

I don't like Makoto Shinakai movies but this one seems to be a bit better at least. Hopefully it's the first one I could consider good.

If HD G gundam does come out with a dub here, would it be possible for it to be aired on Toonami? I mean, we were going to air HD Cowboy Bebop at one point and seeing G gundam return to TV would be pretty awesome.

Jarate

Banned
If HD G gundam does come out with a dub here, would it be possible for it to be aired on Toonami? I mean, we were going to air HD Cowboy Bebop at one point and seeing G gundam return to TV would be pretty awesome.

Demarco would rather air trippy music videos

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The Resident Evil Remake is on sale on the PSN, but only the PS3 version...

That's terribly cruel Sony.
Isn't that because the PS4 version is free for PS+ right now?

Oh wow, forgot that NYCC is going on right now. Though I'm guessing since we didn't hear anything from DeMarco, we won't get any Toonami-related news from it. Not to mention it would have to be SUPER big news to hear about Jojo's replacement this early.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Only option is to just wait for another sale, then. Knowing Capcom, it'll be discounted again in a few months or so. See also: Atlus games.

That's the best I can suggest without getting into the typical PS+ argument of "owning" games, which I'm sure nobody here wants to deal with. Granted, would've made sense to put the PS4 version at a slight discount for non-PS+. Though also find it silly they made RE HD a PS+ title when a few weeks earlier, it was part of that humble bundle.

ckohler

The latest episode of the ToonamiGAF Podcast is here!

Episode 26 "The Sidetrack"
In this episode, we discuss the JoJo promo, the power of the clothes beam, pink guy, getting sidetracked, Fumitan!, WacDonalds, Jiraya's fetishes, and Chopper's anger.
Hosts: Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler and BBboy20.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode026.mp3

Video:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode026.mp4

Timecodes:
0:00:39 News
0:05:15 DBZ
0:10:38 OPM
0:30:42 IBO
0:43:20 HxH
0:47:39 Shippuden
0:58:07 One Piece
1:03:07 Sign Off

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not being able to buy games you own on PS+ is one of the dumbest things about Sony, and considering its a shop/network issue that's saying something as they have a ton of issues.

No way to rename accounts. Constant outages of the shop. Credit Card issues where it will work one day and not the next. Absolutely dreadful download speeds. How awful all versions of the store are, especially if you own more than ten things. Mislabeled items, especially grievous when they get the system the game is on wrong.

I do get Sony's mindset that people who are PS+ members and deeply integrated into their network aren't likely to cancel PS+ but yes not being able to take advantage of a super low deal just in case something comes up and you need to cancel sucks.

Soulflarz

Banned
haruhi box set came in on monday and I'm starting it this weekend

which order
the discs are 2009 rebroadcast order
ik I can also do original broadcast order
chronological
and japanese dvd order

Man God

Non-Canon Member
haruhi box set came in on monday and I'm starting it this weekend

which order
the discs are 2009 rebroadcast order
ik I can also do original broadcast order
chronological
and japanese dvd order

ORIGINAL
BROADCAST
ORDER

Rebroadcast order is chronological. As was the US DVD release, no idea about Japan. Season 2 is broadcast in chronological order as well, though it technically takes place during the later part of season 1, so I guess what you mean by chronological is a mix of both seasons. That makes sense.

Soulflarz

Banned
ORIGINAL
BROADCAST
ORDER

Rebroadcast order is chronological. As was the US DVD release, no idea about Japan. Season 2 is broadcast in chronological order as well, though it technically takes place during the later part of season 1, so I guess what you mean by chronological is a mix of both seasons. That makes sense.

says they're diff :V

Mizerman

Not being able to buy games you own on PS+ is one of the dumbest things about Sony, and considering its a shop/network issue that's saying something as they have a ton of issues.

No way to rename accounts. Constant outages of the shop. Credit Card issues where it will work one day and not the next. Absolutely dreadful download speeds. How awful all versions of the store are, especially if you own more than ten things. Mislabeled items, especially grievous when they get the system the game is on wrong.

That is true. Too much of an inconvenience.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This is going to be confusing but let me put it to people who haven't seen it this way.

This only applies to season one, season two has no buffoonery.

Broadcast order puts the climax of the story at the final episode.

DVD order puts the climax of the story at the seventh episode.

EDIT: The Kyon list is the correct one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To think for a 28 episode series, they have FOUR different damn ways ot which order to watch them in.

Like seriously, just watch it in the order they released the episodes. Why come up with 3 additional "ways" to watch it.

u-um, all this talk about ways to watch haruhi has me confused. Is it wrong to watch in chronological order or something? I'm asking for a friend, it's not like that's what I did of my own volition or anything like that.

I haven't even gotten around to Endless Eight :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To think for a 28 episode series, they have FOUR different damn ways ot which order to watch them in.

Like seriously, just watch it in the order they released the episodes. Why come up with 3 additional "ways" to watch it.

Here's the explanation.

The main story of the first season of Haruhi is based on the first novel with the title, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. This takes six episodes of a 14 episode season. The rest are interludes from the next few books. They got cheeky with the air order of this season though so that the climax, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya part six, is the fourteenth episode, to really punch things up.

Then they released the DVDs and went with a standard chronological order. This is fine...though it means the climax comes halfway through the season and the rest is basically canon that feels like filler.

Then they made a second season worth of content and aired both parts in chronological order. This was to promote the movie, the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, which takes place after the series does chronologically (The last chronological episode is the prologue for the movie more or less) This is a fine way to watch it if you include the movie because you still get a natural climax.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well they missed the boat by about a decade.

It was once popular enough that it could have aired no problem even during the dark years of ASA and despite being pretty light on action. It's got about as much action as Paranoia Agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom