• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Seda

Just wondering,

It's not a big deal but I was curious how you guys think this thread should be titled. Not the silly subtitle, but the OT label. We started with OT1, OT2, etc, but keeping count that way we'd be currently on OT30 or whatever which just kinda looks odd. Starting in 2014 we went monthly threads, and the level of activity supported it (with Attack on Titan and Space Dandy we sometimes even surpassed 20k posts in a month). Now we sometimes just append two/three months into a single thread. Is the current label sensible or would something else make more sense?

The Anime thread goes by season, but Toonami isn't organized by seasons.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe quarterly? Jan/Feb/March, then April/May/June, etc.?

Or bi-monthly would work as well. That way, certain slower months would be combined. I'd be fine with combining 2 or 3 months into one OT, especially now that we have a lot of long runners.

Seda

Maybe quarterly? Jan/Feb/March, then April/May/June, etc.?

Or bi-monthly would work as well. That way, certain slower months would be combined. I'd be fine with combining 2 or 3 months into one OT, especially now that we have a lot of long runners.

Usually bimonthly would be fine at current level of activity, but October-December has 4 weeks of marathons.

And obviously if activity picks up with stuff like Samurai Jack or whatnot we can go back to monthly. It's just the label after all.

Line_HTX

Adult Swim Action definitely missed the boat 10 years ago.

Haruhi had the perfect cast all around, even with the side characters.

Wendee Lee going crazy, Michelle Ruff deadpan, Steph Sheh doing Steph Sheh things, gay JYB, and lots and lots of Crispin Freeman soliloquies and inner thoughts.

Jarate

Banned
Just got an email saying that funimation is getting Mob Psycho 100 and Keijo on their streaming service, and generally seemed to imply that they are getting dubs

I think Mob Psycho 100 is basically guaranteed with how well OPM did. I have no clue what Keijo!!!!!!! is, but it is somewhat popular.

This along with Little Witch Academia series are probably guaranteed on the block in the future imo

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Keijo will finally be the sports anime that the Toonami fanbase will care about.

......also "vacuum ass cannon" is something you'll never forget.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
All I know is, as someone who's read the manga, I cannot wait to see certain moments animated & the reactions to them.

& part of me wants to count how many times they run that Jojo promo tomorrow night, seemed like they did it for almost every other commercial break last week.

Neoxon

All I know is, as someone who's read the manga, I cannot wait to see certain moments animated & the reactions to them.

& part of me wants to count how many times they run that Jojo promo tomorrow night, seemed like they did it for almost every other commercial break last week.
I don't know, how many loaves of bread have you eaten in your lifetime?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, got Paper Mario on Wii U, can't wait to play this over the weekend

*constant error messages, can't get the disc to read, might possibly have to get it replaced but was sent in the mail & no local Best Buy to easily exchange it*

uuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhhhh

Grexeno

*constant error messages, can't get the disc to read, might possibly have to get it replaced but was sent in the mail & no local Best Buy to easily exchange it*

Your Wii U is trying to save you.

Mizerman

Your Wii U is trying to fight the powah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom