• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
2MBp2aw.gif

...I'm going to have to stay up to watch this now.

I usually clock out around HxH, but I've never seen any of GitS. Now would be a good chance to start.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Finally, Stand Alone Complex is back!

Not what I was expecting, but it makes since if Iron Blooded Orphans can't be that rerun show, since there's nothing else that's fresh and ready to run there. Might as well be a returning favorite.

zulux21

C0Du8L-XcAIPEqK.jpg

Replacing One Punch Man.

hmmmm....
I think this adds a little more credibility to the idea of a third season.

the creator has been hinting at one for the last few months. if they did both first and second gig on toonami that would be a year, which could be enough time to get a third season out and depending on who picks it up even potentially dubbed to air on toonami shortly after its release.

hmmmm....
I think this adds a little more credibility to the idea of a third season.

the creator has been hinting at one for the last few months. if they did both first and second gig on toonami that would be a year, which could be enough time to get a third season out and depending on who picks it up even potentially dubbed to air on toonami shortly after its release.

Or Toonami's budget is thin between super, buu kai, jojo, gundams, hxh, naruto, and one piece that they needed something dirt cheap for the end of the night and gits is their to to dirt cheap show.

Would love another gits season but not gonna read anything more into them airing it in the rerun spot.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Or Toonami's budget is thin between super, buu kai, jojo, gundams, hxh, naruto, and one piece that they needed something dirt cheap for the end of the night and gits is their to to dirt cheap show.

Would love another gits season but not gonna read anything more into them airing it in the rerun spot.

I mean, if they were that tight on money I'd assume they'd go with Space Dandy since they own it.

Ah damn. I was planning on turning the TV off if it ended up being IBO but ... Stand Alone Complex is something I need to actually see. I've seen an episode or two but not much else.

zulux21

I suppose.
I am still going to hope :p

I am a little sad it wasn't full metal panic though lol.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
On the one hand, wow, GitS is coming back.

..........but at 3 a.m.? That's not a good show at times to have so late. Thankfully, I actually won't fall asleep now since I stay up during the night.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm trying to remember the last time I saw SAC. Half the time, I would just record it because when I tried watching it at night, it just put me to sleep because of sooooo much talking. Hopefully now that I'm older, I can better appreciate the series.

.....also this totally seems like good timing to coincide with the live-action movie coming in a few months.

Edit: WTF, how did I miss that a live-action Naruto from HOLLYWOOD was getting made!?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
yup FMP is getting a new anime next year, which is why I was hoping it would come to toonami to build some hype around it.

I don't know if it has been confirmed but rumor is the new anime will adapt the rest of the novels.

Maybe after IBO's replacement finishes up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Naruto Evolution

Co-Produced by Michael Bay

Shia LaBouf as Naruto
Megan Fox as Sakura
Edward from Twilight as Sasuke
Racially insensitive stereotype as Rock Lee

Naruto Evolution

Shia LaBouf as Naruto
Megan Fox as Sakura

Pah, doubt it because that has a 60% of being decent, try DB Evolution levels of bad.

Like seriously I looked this "director" up:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1243905/

The dude hasn't got a single directors credit to his name, Naruto is literally 1 of his starting projects. my god is this going to be a moneysink for Lionsgate, this budget could've gone towards Godzilla 2 or Pacific Rim 2 or something else!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I looked up the director as well & noticed he pretty much hasn't done much. There's just no hope of this turning out to be good. & I say this for most manga/anime/game adaptations, if it's bad, it pleases no one because the fans will hate how it doesn't represent the series at all while newcomers will be like "lol THIS is what that series is about? Well I sure ain't gonna bother checking the other stuff out".

....& that budget could've gone towards Pacific Rim Vs. Godzilla....

Loving the Mob Psycho 100 dub so far. They got Cherami Leigh (Kudelia from IBO, Lucy from Fairy Tail) to voice the Telepathy Club president. Episode also introduced the best characters in the show:

tumblr_oaiwigsyJj1r6x7kho2_500.png

GITS Stand Alone Complex is fitting since it will play through March at the same ScarJo's Ghost In The Shell debuts.

What are the odds Toonami will promote the movie?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sara: "Tom, why does the Major look so.....different?"
Tom: "That's because it's the new live-action adaptation of Ghost in the Shell, in theaters March 31st, & here's a sneak peek"
*insert trailer here*
Sara: "Wow, she may look different, but she still kicks ass"
Tom: "yeah, MAJOR ass"
*laugh track*

Boy does the new season of The Walking Dead look like ass.

Naruto Evolution

Shia LaBouf as Naruto
Megan Fox as Sakura

Oh come on.

Everyone knows they'll make Orochimaru the racially insensitive stereotype.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Orochimaru will be the pointless tease at the end of a possible sequel that will never happen because the movie bombed.

In order for the Naruto movie to be successful, it needs a non pressuring studio, a good writing team, and a good director. also decent actors.

Ghost in the shell's director is Rupert Sanders:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2782185/?ref_=tt_ov_dr

Dudes got a small list of director's credits (allot more then Michael Gracey though) but somehow the studio he has combined with the writers and actors make GITS somewhat successful as an adaption from its looks alone, its box office numbers will cement what it will be though.

Dragonball evolution's director (and writer) is James Wong:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0939128/?ref_=tt_ov_dr

This guy on the other hand, has had his hand in many MANY pots both TV and movies since the 90s. BUT due to both him and his studio treating Dragonball like a cash in ruined his direction and writing and tainted both the brand and made the movie a moneysink. this led to having Toriyama metaphorically going super saiyan with rage and coming out of retirement to help create DBZ movie's 14 and 15 (BoG and R"F") which led to Dragonball Super.

Michael Gracey has no experience except for visual arts, might as well be a homeless art student. so he damn well better have a studio that isn't going to treat this franchise like shit and a good team of writers and producers and brilliant actors to back up his inexperience.

Orochimaru will be the pointless tease at the end of a possible sequel that will never happen because the movie bombed.

Well we can only hope he's as threatening and scary as the fire lord was in the live action Avatar movie.

Film_Ozai_and_Zhao.png

....The fire lord is the dude on the left.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SAC is great. We actually had a bunch of people watch it for the first time last time it aired in the rerun part of the block and most enjoyed it. First season has a long stretch in the middle of single episode, seemingly unconnected vignettes that some people find boring. Overall season one is much stronger than season two because of how well it nails its ending while season two might be a bit better on average it kinda flubs the landing. Still far and away the best Ghost in the Shell product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom