• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

I've been really enjoying the MHA manga but the first anime was kind of lackluster in some respects (which is not to say it was outright bad). I can't say I'm chomping on the bit for it to hit the block.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would imagine MHA is tied for 4th or 5th place of the most requested, but considering DeMarco said there's too many requested shows to figure out anything that wasn't the top 3, it's hard to tell if there's a demand for it now.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I would imagine MHA is tied for 4th or 5th place of the most requested, but considering DeMarco said there's too many requested shows to figure out anything that wasn't the top 3, it's hard to tell if there's a demand for it now.

That is what I got from him as well, MHA was in contention with a whole bunch of other shows to really stand out right now.

cntr

Banned
I feel like he said that to try and stop people from asking him "You said it was requested, so when is Show X coming on Toonami??", lol

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I feel like he said that to try and stop people from asking him "You said it was requested, so when is Show X coming on Toonami??", lol

Source of the motivation be damned they have been surprisingly candid in telling us the most likely short form shows whenever a gap appears.

We also have to consider the fact Blue Exorcist Kyoto Arc is probably something we could see in 2018 since I believe the original show did fairly well on the block.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Also got to factor in when Attack on Titan would be airing on Toonami. This is why people were starting to grumble about all of the long runners.

Regiruler

On the topic of illness, my dog was vomiting Christmas day. At about 10 at night, we couldn't find her inside, so we found her outside sitting in the ivy, which was not like her at all. I was incredibly scared for her (she's 11), although when my parents got back, they told me that she was on IV and that she would probably be fine. A few days later and she's pretty much her old self again, barring a bit less of an appetite and a partially shaved leg.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Saw Rogue One. It was... meh.
Still the best Star Wars prequel, but that's not saying much.

Lame characters, little tension, awful CGI Peter Cushing
But at least Darth Vader was cool

zulux21

Also got to factor in when Attack on Titan would be airing on Toonami. This is why people were starting to grumble about all of the long runners.

and when Re:zero will air as that needs to be on toonami at some point as the reactions would be glourious.

though we need someone to officially pick it up first @_@

zulux21

I'm watching Re:Zero right now and it feels like an Aniplex acquisition. Blame it on the SAO parallels lol

aniplex didn't make it thus it won't be an aniplex acquisition.

I imagine it's a crunchyroll acquisition and they just haven't announced it since they haven't gotten anything from their first major wave of announcements out yet.

Moaradin

I enjoyed Re:Zero enough as it was airing but it definitely didn't stick with me very long. It probably has to do with the non-ending, the many questions that weren't answered, and that it won't get a sequel for years. So I kinda just stopped thinking about it.

Based on the first six episodes I've watched, it's not very action-heavy and the MC is endearing, but he doesn't know how to stop talking.

ToonamiGAF might lose patience with this show if it had even a snowball's chance of airing on the block.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I actually tried out that Del Toro thing on Netflix the other night, Trollhunters, and while the first few episodes were rough the next thing I knew I was finishing off the first story arc and was really into it. It's not dark and edgy, it's bright and really earnest. Which isn't to say bad things don't happen to characters, they do, but it very much wears it's heart on it's sleeve. Plus it scratches this odd itch that I can't entirely explain.

I dunno, I liked it and would watch another season given the chance. My only complaint was that the ending's a bit rushed due to the death of the MC's VA. I feel like it needed another episode.

Regiruler

I enjoyed Re:Zero enough as it was airing but it definitely didn't stick with me very long. It probably has to do with the non-ending, the many questions that weren't answered, and that it won't get a sequel for years. So I kinda just stopped thinking about it.

I'm on a similar boat. It definitely had me addicted but I felt empty with that ending. A few of the fights were pretty good
the encounter against the whale felt like a video game anime fight against a raid boss done right
, although I think with the repetition it felt a bit odd for some of them:
Sloth was enjoyable to watch and yet the way it had to build up each time kinda left something to be desired when he was finally vanquished

Cornbread78

debates over and the AOTY voting thread is live:

Ku6CSo7.png

Dump all of your favorite garbage anime lists here

Got this in college and it succckkkkeeeddddd. Didn't know why I didn't want to get out of bed for like a month

Dude, why does Pneumonia feel like the universe is shaking?

Get well, Hellwarden. Pneumonia sucks balls.

Thanks.

So are you taking time off until you get better? most jobs won't even let you come back to work if you caught something like that.

I did call in sick for tomorrow. I think they're gonna be angry with me, but they'll manage. Already got the weekend off, so I'll get some meds then.

zulux21

So are you taking time off until you get better? most jobs won't even let you come back to work if you caught something like that.

most retail jobs in america would rather you be at work and infect everyone than stay at home and recover.

in fact you are likely to get fired unless you have doctors notes saying that you can't work period :p

most retail jobs in america would rather you be at work and infect everyone than stay at home and recover.

in fact you are likely to get fired unless you have doctors notes saying that you can't work period :p

For as shitty as walmart is they're pretty lax once you're past your 90 days about calling out sick. 5 yearly protected sick days then 9 unprotected sick days in a 6 month rolling window before they could choose to terminate you. You can also take a short leave of absence that doesn't count against you if you get horribly ill (doesn't help your bank account obvi).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Beat Phantasy Star IV. It's a good game, but people who think it matches the best SNES RPGs are out of their minds. The only truly great part about the game is the macro system, which has only just started to become standard in RPGs.

Next on my list is either Wonderful 101 or Bayonetta 1/2. Haven't decided yet.

While playing PS IV though I did finish the Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan, a serviceable alternate universe love comedy and also most of the first season of Sailor Moon, the new dub. They did a fantastic job on this new dub, though the HDifying of it is a mixed bag. I do honestly miss the original localized names but I got used to it quickly enough.

Beat Phantasy Star IV. It's a good game, but people who think it matches the best SNES RPGs are out of their minds. The only truly great part about the game is the macro system, which has only just started to become standard in RPGs.

Next on my list is either Wonderful 101 or Bayonetta 1/2. Haven't decided yet.

While playing PS IV though I did finish the Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan, a serviceable alternate universe love comedy and also most of the first season of Sailor Moon, the new dub. They did a fantastic job on this new dub, though the HDifying of it is a mixed bag. I do honestly miss the original localized names but I got used to it quickly enough.

Phantasy Star 4 is still really good though, solid 8/10 and its the only classic PS game that still holds up today. Its also the best jrpg on the genesis (can't comment on Jp only and haven't played the apparently excellent taiwan games).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I prefer PS1 but most of that is down to how good it was for its vintage. PS2 has the best story but lacks in most other aspects, especially dungeon design. PS3 is a bizarre misstep with one great idea of doing the whole generations thing. The visual/audio though, yeesh. PS2 totally outshines it and it is a primitive Genesis game.

8/10 is the perfect score for 4 though. It's a solid B game.

I prefer PS1 but most of that is down to how good it was for its vintage. PS2 has the best story but lacks in most other aspects, especially dungeon design. PS3 is a bizarre misstep with one great idea of doing the whole generations thing. The visual/audio though, yeesh. PS2 totally outshines it and it is a primitive Genesis game.

8/10 is the perfect score for 4 though. It's a solid B game.

I basically agree with your assessment 100%. I prefer ps1 as well but I would never recommend it to someone over ps4 unless I knew they could appreciate dated jrpgs. Also use a map cause fuck some of those later dungeons.

I did call in sick for tomorrow. I think they're gonna be angry with me, but they'll manage. Already got the weekend off, so I'll get some meds then.

You should be resting, but if you are gonna go in call them early and tell them you got Pneumonia and you'd like to just be put on light work for a week. its a reasonable request and most jobs are okay with it so long as you let them know beforehand.

most retail jobs in America would rather you be at work and infect everyone than stay at home and recover.

Bass basically answered you before I did, Walmart is pretty flexible. even if you are new you can still ask for a leave of absence if you catch something as severe as Pneumonia.

So I watched the Berserk film trilogy today. My first real exposure to Berserk. I was not ready for that ending.

Both the films and the original anime end at the biggest OMG cliffhanger moment ever. At least now people have the new anime that adapts past it and if you tolerated the film cg the tv show should be doable.

Moaradin

The new TV series CG is WAAAY worse than the movie series. Honestly you should just read the manga if you care about that story, because the 2016 series butchers it. And not because it's ugly as sin, but because they cut out entire arcs that are very important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom