• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You know, I'm surprised Hollywood hasn't tried to do a live-action Gundam.
I can see it happen these days with today's tech.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sometimes I'm not sure what to comment on with this show.
I know, right? That's what happens when you start to lose interest because of the show's decline in quality.

I don't even know if I want to bother with S2 at this rate, assuming we get it.

Soulflarz

Banned
This show is really bad at showing bullets. They have a notable cling on suits but it feels like they do nothing. One lazy swing does more than 5m of shooting.

BBboy20

Just make G Gundam; surely America will enjoy a 200 million dollar absurdist flick.

And she proving Gil-Scott Heron wrong?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
let's hope next week is indeed the start of the show getting good again like most people have said.

.....not gonna lie, it feels kind of disappointing that I made this my introduction to Gundam. I probably should've watched G Gundam instead.

Chase17

"My name is Kudelia. I just got a quick briefing about your plight, I'm glad to announce that I am now your hope. Keep doing whatever you're doing"

Moaradin

let's hope next week is indeed the start of the show getting good again like most people have said.

.....not gonna lie, it feels kind of disappointing that I made this my introduction to Gundam. I probably should've watched G Gundam instead.

For all its problems, there are far worse Gundam shows you could have started with.

Raxus

Didn't realize this was your first exposure to the series. There are much better series we could have directed you towards.

As Moaradin says there there is also much worse as well.

I know, right? That's what happens when you start to lose interest because of the show's decline in quality.

I don't even know if I want to bother with S2 at this rate, assuming we get it.
Part of me also never really understands what even goes on in the show.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Basically, when I heard about Gundam, it'd basically be "politics & giant robots", so I figured it probably wouldn't click with me.

....& with IBO, my fears appear to be coming true, which kind of sucks. I bet I would love G-Gundam since it seems to have a much simpler plot of "EVERYONE USES GIANT ROBOTS TO WIN THE TITLE OF PRESIDENT OF EARTH".

Raxus

"Hi, I am a talking bean telling you to Believe It! I hope some series doesn't come along and take our cliff notes for its own!"

Back in the 80s, Lionsgate had an adaptation in development, though details about it remain hazy. Syd Mead was first tapped to do designs for this project, though he later ended up designing for Turn A .

I might be alone on this, but how casually people treat death in this show does actually bug me.

Not in a minor quibble way either. I think it's actually a detriment to the show.

Korigama

They're too busy making a live-action Ghost in the Shell that no one asked for.
They would be too busy with a live-action Robotech as well if not for Harmony Gold's ineptitude keeping it in development hell
(would be nice if Harmony Gold found a nice cozy place in hell, too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom