• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
RTW6RIf.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I guess JYB pulls off Jonathan, but it still seems like a weird choice. Patrick Seitz, though, seems like he's gonna make a good Dio.

Seda

Yeah, JYB can act and his Jojo works okay, but I don't think his shonen voice was the best choice.

JYB always works better as a creep or villain anyway.

Seda

More like Ham Clarke

I think in the case of David Vincent, certain roles work for him anime wise. As for Cam Clarke? Yeah, his roles in video games are better.

David Vincent was okay as Senketsu, but most of his roles seem just a little weak to me. My main familiarity with him is Richard from Tales of Graces and the dude in Fate-Zero.

Cam Clarke was great as Kratos in Tales of Symphonia, he fits those mellow-stoic characters, but more dynamic lines never seem to come off quite right imo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, JYB can act and his Jojo works okay, but I don't think his shonen voice was the best choice.

JYB always works better as a creep or villain anyway.
I think that's the problem, I'm so used to him voicing the average anime "teenager" or the creepy teen/adult, which Jonathan doesn't really fit due to the body type & the fact he's not a teen (well, at first, he's 12, but still). But really, considering the anime style these days, it might've been hard to find someone else who'd "fit". Thankfully, based on the preview dub, Part 3 shouldn't have this issue, especially since Viz is more well-versed with dubbing compared to Warner Bros.

Seitz is fine because, well, he voices giant buff dudes, & Dio fits that, especially if he applies some of the haminess that he used for Gamagoori from KlK. Freeman probably would've worked also.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.toei-animation.com/en/Dragon_Ball_Super_EMEA_Broadcast_Deals_With_TURNER

Toei Animation Europe has secured a range of broadcast deals on behalf of Dragon Ball Super, the long-awaited follow-up series to the global anime phenomenon. Beginning between the Fall 2016 and Winter 2017, Dragon Ball Super will air in France on TURNER’s new kids network, Toonami; in Italy on Italia 1 and Italia 2; in Spain on Boing; and in English-speaking Africa on Cartoon Network.

The series has already launched this September in Israel on Nickelodeon and in Portugal on SIC.

Also, reviewing the thread, how could anyone hate on Gundam 00?

The Gundam that gave us the best Char clone.

Mrbushido.png

Gundam 00 is trash.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe it's research/getting into character....

......for an anime about...........two characters dating.......

.......or something.....

I didn't know! In like one of the first Preflights with Blum he appeared with his not Mary E McGlynn wife.
Yeah, I could've sworn at one point, I heard Steve Blum was dating/married to an ADR Director or someone else who was in the anime business, but guess that was a while ago.

Jarate

Banned
Hey, i just made a podcast with my friend that's in what I'd call an alpha test, does anyone want to listen to it and gives us pointers!

Ill send you a PM with the link once it's done rendering

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hey, i just made a podcast with my friend that's in what I'd call an alpha test, does anyone want to listen to it and gives us pointers!

Ill send you a PM with the link once it's done rendering
I might give it a listen, I really could use some more podcasts to help pass the time at work. What exactly is the podcast about?

Jarate

Banned
I might give it a listen, I really could use some more podcasts to help pass the time at work. What exactly is the podcast about?

It's a podcast, about nothing! I'll throw you a link on youtube, unless you need an MP3, and like i said, it's just like an alpha state right now

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's a podcast, about nothing! I'll throw you a link on youtube, unless you need an MP3, and like i said, it's just like an alpha state right now
Ah, okay, so just "let's hang out & talk about whatever". Sure, give me a MP3 & I'll listen to it tonight.

Edit: nevermind, you already sent me a link.

Jarate

Banned
It would've taken longer for me to YouTube to mp3 and then upload that and then send you the link then just giving you the link for you to do that lol sorry about that

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It would've taken longer for me to YouTube to mp3 and then upload that and then send you the link then just giving you the link for you to do that lol sorry about that
Nah, it's alright. I used the same thing I use to convert the Toonami Show Rundown or our podcast to MP3.

What are you listening to now? I probably can give some recommendations based on what you like
- Toonami Show Rundown (i.e. Decimate's podcast)
- ToonamiGAF's podcast
- Giant Bombcast & Beastcast
- Nintendo World Report's podcast (Radio Free Nintendo)

That's really it. I heard Jirard/The Completionist made a new one, I might give that a listen to. I usually like them to be about 2 hours at minimum. Basically, I wanna listen to game or anime talk (or just hear people who I watch on YouTube talk about everyday life or their process of making episodes), but only the two Toonami ones really do that & it's hard to find one that doesn't feel.....cringey at times, like the Toonami Faithful one that I dropped because each Akame ga Kill recap would basically result in the lines of "MAN ESDEATH SURE IS HOT, BUT MINE HAS A NICE ASS AS WELL TO MAKE UP FOR HER WASHBOARD CHEST" & I finally was at my limit at all the perv talk when Decimate's group actually had constructive things to say about the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom