• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't notice until now that she's wearing two distinct necklaces as opposed to taking the charm from one of the necklaces and putting it on her original necklace. Fucking Kudelia. Even when doing a touching tribute she fucks it up.

To be honest, the charm's shapes wouldn't allow them to hang together on the same necklace nicely. They'd bump into one another before where the attach point is, making the chain bend strangely.

At least with 2 necklaces, the charms can hang as intended.

Jarate

Banned
OZ9MBZi.gif

this gif kind of makes it seems like she's got a dingus

I use gifcam as it is free and easy. It basically works like a green screen so it can leave these nasty trails behind on certain backgrounds. You just move it over the video window, hit record and then stop, then edit it.

The better the source, the better the gif looks most of the time. My OP and DBZ Kai gifs are DVD, Cowboy Bebop was Blu Ray. The rest are from streaming sites. Netflix has good stuff most of the time, Hulu less so, I've used Daisuki and Funimation for some other gifs.

Going to remember this. I'd also like to step up my gif posting game.

Oh wow. I guess I didn't have to go looking for the episodes I missed after all.

Literally all I had to do was type in One Piece 364 into my search and my TV is letting me watch it in HD. I don't even record the shows so... I guess it just knows I only watch Toonami and saves them for me...?

I assumed it only saved the ones I watched but nope. It's here.

Whatever. Not complaining. This is great.

If anyone who knows how TV boxes work wants to tell me how lucky or not I am I'd be fine hearing about it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It recently came to my attention that there was a Red Faction movie...

Was THQ run by a hamster?
I sometimes forget there was actually a Dead or Alive movie. Guess that says something if nobody remembers it in comparison to stuff like Double Dragon or Bloodrayne's movies.

Also, quick question for those who watch Toonami via AS' stream. I might finally give in & just ditch cable in exchange for PS Vue, then use the log-in info for Toonami & Simpsons World since they're the only two things I really watch anymore. How do you guys split watching the stream & posting here? If I had someway to wirelessly have my laptop put the stream on my TV, I'd do that or use my PS4 to get an app to watch it that way.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh wow. I guess I didn't have to go looking for the episodes I missed after all.

Literally all I had to do was type in One Piece 364 into my search and my TV is letting me watch it in HD. I don't even record the shows so... I guess it just knows I only watch Toonami and saves them for me...?

I assumed it only saved the ones I watched but nope. It's here.

Whatever. Not complaining. This is great.

If anyone who knows how TV boxes work wants to tell me how lucky or not I am I'd be fine hearing about it.

All the Toonami stuff is available on the cable service's on demand service.

Alright. I just watched all the ones I've missed.

Backwards.

Started with One Piece and just went back.

One Piece: Episode was okay. Even in the manga I kind of wanted to see Chopper's wrestling suplex on Hogback but it's actually really cool how something rampaging is interrupting another fight. Also, Toei is lucky the characters and their music is so awesome. Otherwise, I couldn't imagine what would befall the patience of their viewers. When it comes down to it, Oars mostly just stepped on everything and got the Straw Hats to surround him. Nothing much. Well, they got away with much worse pacing with DBZ back in the day.

Naruto Shippuden:
I actually rather enjoyed this one. I like the atmosphere of this place. Jiraiya is entertaining. Pain and Konan, while not particularly fun, do manage to emit an iota of a threatening presence, which, at this point, is all I can really ask for. I will say that Pain's speech about being a God and his plan are pretty goofy. The recipe for world peace is apparently nukes. Lots of nukes.

Hunter X Hunter: When people were talking about the part where they were pushing the door I had no idea what it was. I couldn't for the life of me remember this part in the manga or the part of the anime I watched up to. I remembered the Butler girl though. I thought she was in a completely different episode but it turns out it was the same one as this door thing with the weights and shit. I only remembered the back half. And I think the back half is definitely a lot better. Not really sure what the point of wasting so much time at the door was narrative wise. Apparently it was different in the manga back when I read it.

Gundam IBO: The plot is one big dort to me right now. I'm having trouble following what's happening and when I am following what's happening I'm finding I don't really care too much. However, the fighting in this was actually pretty neat. Really climactic and riled me up in a way that IBO hasn't been able to do for a while now.

One Punch Man: The one I was waiting so long for and it's still awesome after having watched and re-watched it so many god-damn times. Still awesome in English. Boros' voice actor is great. Love Drive Knight's voice. Love the way everything came together for the end of the first season. Considering where the manga is right now I'm wondering if they're going to wait for the climax of what's happening right now to finish before they get started on the second one. Otherwise I can't imagine what the climax of the second season would be.

DBZ Kai: "It appears Cell has been defeated by a random stranger in what can only be described as a fluke." Fuck this reporter. Fuck him. Hercule's great but fuck that reporter. Anyway, the fighting choreography in this was actually really good. I never say that about DBZ so that's particularly note worthy. I've said before that I don't really care about this Cell and Goku fight but this held my attention so yay!

Really good week actually.

Regiruler

I'll probably echo that this was one of the most creative DBZ fights in recent memory.

Most interesting one past that without going way back was probably piccolo vs 17.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To anyone who read the manga, the scene in HxH with that girl Canary was different, right? There was some kind of flashback involving her getting to know Killua & sort of becoming friends? I feel like if that was left in, it would've made the scene in the anime feel more useful & why she started to give in to Gon instead of "omg this guy is determined, I should let him through" which is something we just had with the Hanzo fight.

I wanted to ask this & mention a few other things on the podcast, but I have such a bad habit of waiting for my "turn" to speak.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To anyone who read the manga, the scene in HxH with that girl Canary was different, right? There was some kind of flashback involving her getting to know Killua & sort of becoming friends? I feel like if that was left in, it would've made the scene in the anime feel more useful & why she started to give in to Gon instead of "omg this guy is determined, I should let him through" which is something we just had with the Hanzo fight.

I wanted to ask this & mention a few other things on the podcast, but I have such a bad habit of waiting for my "turn" to speak.

It's in the anime later, I'm sure of it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I have no idea why I bothered to finish Not. It completely removes everything that made Soul Eater enjoyable & decides to K-On-ify the series. I liked the idea of learning how the characters met each other, & we did get to see Liz & Patty before they cleaned up after teaming up with Death the Kid, but they were barely in it for moe cliches #6, #12, & #17 being the main focus.

Doesn't help it has a villain that could've worked in the regular SE series but feels wasted here.

SLIGHT chance that we might get Roundabout in full on JoJo's first episode, for those of you who were wondering about it.
I'll be amazed if they run it full for at least the first episode. I don't recall IBO getting that treatment, & it also does the fade-in transition. But I guess Roundabout = licensed music = gotta make the most for how much it probably cost to get the rights.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, it's called Soul Eater NOT for a reason...
Yeah, cuz it's NOT Soul Eater.

Also, the times they DID fight, they sucked, insert wonky & sloppy fight animation gif here.

Edit: & every time I hear/see the title, all I can think of is Wayne's World & both of them going "....NOT!"

I've only seen the GitS movie (which I thought was vastly overrated and put me off the franchise) and I also had to search the name.

I imagine people have already said this but depending on what part you didn't like, if you like the idea of the franchise, don't write off giving it a chance before trying the TV series version GitS: Stand Alone Complex. :)

One Punch Man: The one I was waiting so long for and it's still awesome after having watched and re-watched it so many god-damn times. Still awesome in English. Boros' voice actor is great. Love Drive Knight's voice. Love the way everything came together for the end of the first season. Considering where the manga is right now I'm wondering if they're going to wait for the climax of what's happening right now to finish before they get started on the second one. Otherwise I can't imagine what the climax of the second season would be.

Yeah, the ep is a great watch. It was awesome to hear it in the dub for the first time. Love the cast.

Have you guys seen Shin Godzilla yet?

The movie was a good re-imagining of Godzilla and the kaiju origins.
Most of the movie feels like a live-action anime the way the camera is shot and all the close-ups of faces and hands.
It even has the exact same kanji font used in Rebuild of Evangelion.

BBboy20

Have you guys seen Shin Godzilla yet?

The movie was a good re-imagining of Godzilla and the kaiju origins.
Most of the movie feels like a live-action anime the way the camera is shot and all the close-ups of faces and hands.
It even has the exact same kanji font used in Rebuild of Evangelion.
Fucking a, that shit needs to be national.

And we got no dark theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom