• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
if we're recommending podcasts I have to shout out My Brother, My Brother and Me. Most hilarious thing I've ever listened to.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Name doesn't ring a bell, checking list the only thing that I maybe recognize is Kurenai and the XCX femavi (I think I remember the voice clip though).

Major Motoko Kusanagi? Julia in Cowboy Bebop? Singer (and I believe producer) of a few Silent Hill games, A version of Danger Zone because it's cool, and generally a "Create a character" voice in every other video game?

If I remember correctly, she even plays a mom named "Julia" in Great Teach Onizuka (to Steve Blum's Onizuka), which is fun. I always find her to have a rather recognizable, since she give a dramatized, airy performance quite often, which fits anime pretty well to me, similar to Cam Clarke.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
She's also J(Y)ulia in the Fist of the North Star dub. Who was kidnapped by Shin, played by Steve Blum, for romantic reasons.

Regiruler

Major Motoko Kusanagi? Julia in Cowboy Bebop? Singer (and I believe producer) of a few Silent Hill games, A version of Danger Zone because it's cool, and generally a "Create a character" voice in every other video game?

If I remember correctly, she even plays a mom named "Julia" in Great Teach Onizuka (to Steve Blum's Onizuka), which is fun. I always find her to have a rather recognizable, since she give a dramatized, airy performance quite often, which fits anime pretty well to me, similar to Cam Clarke.

I've only seen the GitS movie (which I thought was vastly overrated and put me off the franchise) and I also had to search the name. I've only seen one episode of bebop. I hate horror games. I don't usually play CAC rpgs (or RPGs in general) and even when I do I pick male like a God-fearing man should.
She's also J(Y)ulia in the Fist of the North Star dub. Who was kidnapped by Shin, played by Steve Blum, for romantic reasons.

Never actually seen it but that's on my bucket list.

Seda

I kinda go by series. For example - Fire Emblem - I'll always play as a male in the games that have a choice. (Here is where you joke that I want to simulate marrying the girls)

In Dragon Quest games that have a choice, I go female, mostly because I like Toriyama's female character design. (Also DQ games tend to have a fair amount of women-only armor.)

I'm one of those boring people who goes with the default name in games.

I also don't give my pokemon nicknames.

When it comes to character creators, it varies. I may make an original character, or I might just go with the default character.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I've only seen the GitS movie (which I thought was vastly overrated and put me off the franchise) and I also had to search the name. I've only seen one episode of bebop. I hate horror games. I don't usually play CAC rpgs (or RPGs in general) and even when I do I pick male like a God-fearing man should.
Between the ancient list of Anime movies that one had to see as an anime fan (GitS, Ninja Scroll, Akira), I probably was most intrigued by GitS. Though most of them left me disliking them for the bolstering of the "anime is only gratuitous sex and violence!" stereotype that was prevalent in the 90s.

I don't play horror much myself either, but over the years, you just... pick up some knowledge. But she's a pretty common "sexy female" voice in a variety of games, not just RPGs. I had fun in the PS2 eras trying to pick out the Freeman, Clark, Hale, and Whalgren roles in Fighters, RPGs, obscure Japanese ANYTHING (board games, shooters, Dynasty Warriors), random NPC dialog, etc.

PSO started the "If I'm staring at a characters butt for 1000 hours, it sure isn't gonna be some dude!" rule for my friend and I, though I generally don't mind playing whatever. If I hear "The Major" in a role, or Crispin, I might just make a character to fit either. Much as I'll play whichever character in a "hunter" style game who sounds like Nobuyuki Hiyama. I used to think every old man in anime sounded exactly the same... then I found out there we all Daisuke Gouri (R.I.P.), and he became the definitive big bruiser type for me to play.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

When it comes to character creators, it varies. I may make an original character, or I might just go with the default character.
Same here, especially since what's the point in changing their name if they already have default ones that're official?

Regiruler

Between the ancient list of Anime movies that one had to see as an anime fan (GitS, Ninja Scroll, Akira), I probably was most intrigued by GitS. Though most of them left me disliking them for the bolstering of the "anime is only gratuitous sex and violence!" stereotype that was prevalent in the 90s.

I don't play horror much myself either, but over the years, you just... pick up some knowledge. But she's a pretty common "sexy female" voice in a variety of games, not just RPGs. I had fun in the PS2 eras trying to pick out the Freeman, Clark, Hale, and Whalgren roles in Fighters, RPGs, obscure Japanese ANYTHING (board games, shooters, Dynasty Warriors), random NPC dialog, etc.

PSO started the "If I'm staring at a characters butt for 1000 hours, it sure isn't gonna be some dude!" rule for my friend and I, though I generally don't mind playing whatever. If I hear "The Major" in a role, or Crispin, I might just make a character to fit either. Much as I'll play whichever character in a "hunter" style game who sounds like Nobuyuki Hiyama. I used to think every old man in anime sounded exactly the same... then I found out there we all Daisuke Gouri (R.I.P.), and he became the definitive big bruiser type for me to play.

I really liked the joker male voice for XCX that I picked but I can't remember for the life of me who voiced it.

I almost always use my own name. I rarely nickname pokemon but I do it on occasion.

I really liked the joker male voice for XCX that I picked but I can't remember for the life of me who voiced it.

I almost always use my own name. I rarely nickname pokemon but I do it on occasion.

Ben Diskin aka Numbuh 1 and 2 in KND, aka Jakob, Saizo and Hayato in Fire Emblem Fates.

Regarding CAC's I usually play as a woman since it's not that common to get a female Protagonist otherwise. And I either go with the canon name if it exists or they are called Shin since I hate to use my actual name when naming a video game character.

Seda

DRAGON BALL Z KAI ADULT SWIM 12:00 AM 1,412 0.6
ONE-PUNCH MAN ADULT SWIM 12:30 AM 1,274 0.6
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM:I.B.O. ADULT SWIM 1:00 AM 1,016 0.4
HUNTER X HUNTER ADULT SWIM 1:30 AM 1,001 0.4
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN ADULT SWIM 2:00 AM 934 0.4
ONE PIECE ADULT SWIM 2:30 AM 785 0.3

Regiruler

Disappointed One Punch didn't break DBZ.
Ben Diskin aka Numbuh 1 and 2 in KND, aka Jakob, Saizo and Hayato in Fire Emblem Fates.

Regarding CAC's I usually play as a woman since it's not that common to get a female Protagonist otherwise. And I either go with the canon name if it exists or they are called Shin since I hate to use my actual name when naming a video game character.

I misremembered the role name, it was Keith as rebel (SO YOU LIKE KNOCKIN PEOPLE AROUND)

Jarate

Banned
CaC I generally play a male so I can mack on some cute ass babes
Most CAC Rpgs generally suck at the "role playing" element, so I generally just pick a dude cause he usually get cooler looking armor

No numbers for OPM rerun?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
We finally back to a quad. Than you Fumitan!

OZ9MBZi.gif

Regiruler

Grex do you need someone for the podcast? I honestly forgot what time you recorded it so this may be late, but if b-dubs etc. is a no-show again I can go on.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I use gifcam as it is free and easy. It basically works like a green screen so it can leave these nasty trails behind on certain backgrounds. You just move it over the video window, hit record and then stop, then edit it.

The better the source, the better the gif looks most of the time. My OP and DBZ Kai gifs are DVD, Cowboy Bebop was Blu Ray. The rest are from streaming sites. Netflix has good stuff most of the time, Hulu less so, I've used Daisuki and Funimation for some other gifs.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I use gifcam as it is free and easy. It basically works like a green screen so it can leave these nasty trails behind on certain backgrounds. You just move it over the video window, hit record and then stop, then edit it.

The better the source, the better the gif looks most of the time. My OP and DBZ Kai gifs are DVD, Cowboy Bebop was Blu Ray. The rest are from streaming sites. Netflix has good stuff most of the time, Hulu less so, I've used Daisuki and Funimation for some other gifs.

It's a fantastic program, it's really made making gifs easy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I didn't notice until now that she's wearing two distinct necklaces as opposed to taking the charm from one of the necklaces and putting it on her original necklace. Fucking Kudelia. Even when doing a touching tribute she fucks it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom