• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rutger

Banned
Smash 4 is a ton of fun, Bleach and Naruto might as well not exist tonight. Probably AoT too. I really like how Shulk turned out, and there's a few other characters I like too.

This such a big improvement over Brawl, can't wait to see how the game develops.

Smash 4 is a ton of fun, Bleach and Naruto might as well not exist tonight. Probably AoT too. I really like how Shulk turned out, and there's a few other characters I like too.

This such a big improvement over Brawl, can't wait to see how the game develops.

Naruto is actually good tonight and next week. Of course that is coming from someone who likes the show.
Won't spoil anything of course.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Oh you.

Shit, DeMarco should totally do it for April Fool's.

It really is great, it took a little getting used to but I really like using Shulk. My only complaint is I don't really like the slider for this game. I can't wait for the WiiU version.

Wow, that song is great. I haven't heard it in years.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally got 4 KOs in Cruel Smash. It's a pain this time around.
Damn, you need four? I got lucky & got 3 from using Ike's Up+B a lot....oh, & LOTS OF COUNTERS.

Almost done with the 2nd page of challenges. Need 10 hours of game play (about 1/2 done), two more secret characters, one more stage, & 5 Streetpass hits (which I'll use the Golden Hammer on because I'm sure I won't get the ones related to Streetpass anytime soon. At the very least, I should have some challenges done or close to it for the 3rd page. 1st page pretty much took no time what so ever.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As far as I can tell four is the final cruel smash challenge. I haven't learned the identity of every challenge yet.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
okay so that's why Commodore what's-his-face's bullets were able to make him bleed, because they were made differently

okay

also explosions kind of hurt him a little? I guess?

I mean the spear he was getting attacked with basically had explode-on-hit on it, and Luffy was okay enough to punch the spear tip to pieces.

i've noticed that Comedy Girl Punches in anime basically ignore all defense

Explosions mostly sort of stun Luffy. He'll get blasted around by them, but generally speaking they won't significantly damage him in most situations.

Things that can hurt Luffy are:
Slashing attacks
Piercing attacks
Attacks that ignore Devil Fruit powers (these begin to appear around episode 50-ish)
Attacks that otherwise ignore normal defenses (
High level Fishman Karate, for example
)
Negative status effects (poison, gas, etc.)
Most (but not all) elemental attacks

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
As far as I can tell four is the final cruel smash challenge. I haven't learned the identity of every challenge yet.
Seems like the challenges are Play Cruel Mode, get 2 KOs, then 4 KOs. JUST got lucky & got 5.....now how many more before I unlock Sonic?

Hopefully, the Wii U version will have a lot more challenges....not to mention none will involve StreetPass.

Oh yeah, & it returns telling me which games were the first appearance of whatever trophy I'm looking at. "Other" is not a game series.

Soulflarz

Banned
I hope smash wii u has more to offer overall besides the simple gameplay mechanics
Target smash, an actual story mode, etc

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I hope smash wii u has more to offer overall besides the simple gameplay mechanics
Target smash, an actual story mode, etc

There's not going to be a story mode because Sakurai hated that people put the Brawl cutscenes on YouTube.
Yet he seemed okay with it with Kid Icarus Uprising...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I really dig Smash run despite the final battle being mainly a formality. With a bit of polishing up it could really be something. Just put in a leveling system, more unique monsters, multiple randomized dungeons, and oh, you know, an online mode.

Soulflarz

Banned
There's not going to be a story mode because Sakurai hated that people put the Brawl cutscenes on YouTube.
Yet he seemed okay with it with Kid Icarus Uprising...
No offense to him, but i always found that he was irritated by that to be obnoxious. No duh it was going to happen.

Rutger

Banned
It really is great, it took a little getting used to but I really like using Shulk. My only complaint is I don't really like the slider for this game. I can't wait for the WiiU version.

Yeah, the slider isn't the best. Still, I'm surprised with the controls, they're not bad for what there is to work with. Though it really feels like something is missing to not have a c-stick.

LOLDSFAN

I can make the circle pad somewhat work, but yeah I do hope that the next handheld after the 3DS gets analog sticks. The Wii U version will definitely offer more precise play.

What are you doing in Tekken, Uryuu?

KRENxq.gif

the status of a Clone Wars review tonight and tomorrow is up in the air. not because the arc kinda shit the bed (though it totally did), but because i'm doing stuff.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
the status of a Clone Wars review tonight and tomorrow is up in the air. not because the arc kinda shit the bed (though it totally did), but because i'm doing stuff.

It does look amazing though. They really stepped up the production values.

Cwarrior

Just to let you guys know tonights one piece episode is by animation director katsumi ishizuka, this is his second episode as animation director after his promotion from key animator.

to give an idea of what else his animated heres a spoiler list some of the scenes his done.

luffy gomu gomu storm to crocodile
ganfall vs shura aerial battle on the back of birds
luffy vs ussop
today episode
sanji's enis lobby fight
enis lobby jet gatling gun
Vergo fight

Episode director this week is Munehisa sakai

What are you doing in Tekken, Uryuu?

KRENxq.gif

I always felt bleach maybe be a bit inspired by tekken or kubo was a big tekken fan(rukia flaming skull gloves) now it goes full circle.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just remembered the movie Redline is a thing.

Can that be part of the Movie Month, considering that Space Race episode of Dandy seemed to have some influence from it?

BatDan

So, any Fall Anime series good contenders for Toonami?
Anything Gundam is out of the question (damn you rights limbo)
Terra Formars and Parasyte would be good for the "dark as fuck" block.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh no, the Fate/Stay Night anime has an Episode "0" that's an hour long.

PLEASE don't be as boring as Fate/Zero's hour-long episode...

daveo42

Banned

Log Horizon is back and I'd recommend watching that. I plan on checking out Parasyte and that crazy produced anime based on a card game: Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis

Might try and watch that Mike Tyson anime just for shits, giggles, and for it potentially being the best thing in the history of forever.

Edit: Oh Toonami contenders? Umm...

Parasyte is the only one.

Seems like a solid bet to me.

Jarate

Banned
Shadows of Mordor is pretty cool

Shits all over Assassins Creed though. Combat is a lot better then Assassins Creed

Also, Smash online is so leggy ;_;

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Man, fuck Terra Formars.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bad fall seasons of anime is just what TOONAMI needs to bring slightly older stuff like Full Metal Panic Fumoffu? to our eyeballs.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not just Fumoffu?, but the whole run hopefully.

Well yeah, but if I had to pick one season it's Fumoffu? because it's one of the greatest things ever. Basically stand alone too, you'll figure out the general set up about five minutes into the first episode.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd totally be up for Fumoffu, if not for the fact I wouldn't mind an action comedy series on the block. Not that stuff like One Piece doesn't have its humorous moments, mind you, but something that's more focused on being comedic with action compared to shonen with comedy, if you know what I mean.

BatDan

The PV made it look like an AoT knockoff show. Looked really bad to me and I don't really want another AoT-type show.

It's based on a manga, it's not an AoT knock-off.
... Well it's kind of similar. Hard to beat monsters (in this case, mutated roaches) that are defeated by people taking on similar powers (people gaining bug-like abilities).
But I wouldn't write it off as a knock-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom