• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I recall they said Miyazaki/Ghibli movies are troublesome to get at the moment.
Unless things have changed.

On another note, I got the ORAS demo *dances*

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We gotta get Sacred Star of Milos. That's the one movie I just know will be shown, ESPECIALLY after last year.

Battle of Gods has a strong chance w/ DBZ Kai and the fact Funimation could promote the Blu-Ray version with extended content. If not that, I wouldn't be surprised at another DBZ movie.

Blue Exorcist might happen. I just know people said it's better than the series, so I wouldn't mind seeing if this is true.

& I'm reminded of the fact I need to watch Excel Saga one of these days. The final episode still remains one of the most insane things I ever saw.

Regiruler

Things I want to see this year:
-Blue Exorcist the Movie (b/c fucking Aniplex pricing)
-Bayonetta Bloody Fate (to help promote B2)
-Shippuden the Movie (doesn't spoil any future arcs, and the naruto movies are somewhat of a CN tradition)
To be fair most anime movies are super, duper non canon if they are based on a series.

Hell last year we got two completely anime free movies in Akira and Summer Wars and then two series movies. Badlands Rumble is non-canon though nothing is preventing it from being canon and Conquerer of Shambala is the canonical ending to the series.

For most series movies come in two forms.

1. Condensed retellings of the series. Most Gundam movies are like this, as are the two EVA movies already shown.
2. Complete Non-Canon™. All Pokémon Movies, All DBZ movies except Battle of the Gods, All One Piece movies (including one of the movies that retells a story arc!) All Bleach Movies. All Naruto Movies. The FMA:B movie.

Very rarely do you get something like Endless Waltz or Conquerer of Shamballa that acts like an epilogue.

EDIT: Diamond Dust Rebellion is the worst possible outcome. If they want to stick with stuff that's never aired though I know they never showed the final Bleach movie and I don't think they aired the third one either. We're already past the point that the first Naruto Shippuden movie came out as well.
The pokemon anime occassionally uses elements that originate in the movies, like Ash's aura powers IIRC (which may qualify for least used shonen power ever).

I wonder if they'd want to save Battle of Gods for a bigger weekend where they could really rake in the cash for airing it. It's probably not a cheap film to license

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Found it. Last year, movies were announced on Nov. 15th, almost 3 weeks before the first movie aired (Akira).

The Broly Trilogy Month:

DBZ: Broly The Legendary Super Saiyan
DBZ: Broly The Second Coming
DBZ: Bio-Broly
DBZ: Broly Takes Manhattan
DBZ: Broly Saves Christmas

This is a real trilogy.

I never watched any of the Broly movies so I have no idea how his character is like, but I get the impression that he's like those OCs that are like SSJ 16 and know secret techniques nobody has ever scene before and can curbstomp the entire cast at once.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Korra game is very short even if you die a lot.

Still the best budget title of the year.

SHOVEL KNIGHT.

Also it took a level 1 CPU 45 hours to 99 stock my defensive Bowser in the Punch Out ring with items turned off and damage reduced to 50%. It inexplicably lost almost 20 lives (it actually lost 30 but I killed him ten times) When I looked over at it I had a usual damage total of over 400%.

Raxus

Following last year's route I am going with something new, something classic, something action block related

My Predictions:

Metropolis (Classic)
Redline (New)
Blue Exorcist: The Movie (Action Block related)
Revenge of Cooler (Just Kidding...don't do this DeMarco...)
Lupin the 3rd: The Castle of Cagliostro (Dream pick)

bigkrev

SHOVEL KNIGHT.

Also it took a level 1 CPU 45 hours to 99 stock my defensive Bowser in the Punch Out ring with items turned off and damage reduced to 50%. It inexplicably lost almost 20 lives (it actually lost 30 but I killed him ten times) When I looked over at it I had a usual damage total of over 400%.

why... why did you do this...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Following last year's route I am going with something new, something classic, something action block related

My Predictions:

Metropolis (Classic)
Redline (New)
Blue Exorcist: The Movie (Action Block related)
Revenge of Cooler (Just Kidding...don't do this DeMarco...)
Lupin the 3rd: The Castle of Cagliostro (Dream pick)

Metropolis has aired on Adult Swim before. Doesn't mean they couldn't air it again, but I'd consider it unlikely.

Raxus

Metropolis has aired on Adult Swim before. Doesn't mean they couldn't air it again, but I'd consider it unlikely.

Really? Dang. I love the movie and it was one of the few I feel they could afford that fits into the Toonami Block.

P.S. 2 more days and it will be mine *Bayonetta 2 spoilers in link below*

Bayonetta 2 continues to surprise me with just how amazing it is.

How can you be so amazing Usopp Bayonetta 2?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Considering I've only got about 4 or 5 hours of Smash in (I've focused more on Single Player stuff), maybe I should try this so I can finally get 10 hours in.

Edit: Will it count the time if I end the match early?

bigkrev

I am 14-13 in Online Smash (only playing competitive 1v1)

I'm officially retireing from ranked so I can forever claim to have an over 50% win rate online.

daveo42

Banned
A bit late but

QC7vHM9.png

That drop again after Naruto and One Piece. Good ratings all around, but those drops always depress me. Naruto putting people to sleep confirmed.

tumblr_mx30x4zplF1slfz08o1_500.gif

BatDan

Kind-of spoilery question for people that have seen TTGL

What's the first episode to play "Rap is a Man's Soul"? I know the remix "Libera Me from Hell" plays in the final few episodes but the original...

Moaradin

Kind-of spoilery question for people that have seen TTGL

What's the first episode to play "Rap is a Man's Soul"? I know the remix "Libera Me from Hell" plays in the final few episodes but the original...

I remember hearing it first during episode 16, the recap one. Could be wrong though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*spends last two hours waiting for laptop to calibrate battery only to be told it should be replaced*

*checks prices, barely finds any place that has the right type & costs about $80-$100ish*

Siiiggghhhhh. Can it be Saturday already.

ckohler

I remember hearing it first during episode 16, the recap one. Could be wrong though.

The first time it's played, with the vocals, is in episode 14.

For those avoiding spoilers, the conversation is just about on which episode a certain music track first plays.

Snaku

Banned
I never watched any of the Broly movies so I have no idea how his character is like, but I get the impression that he's like those OCs that are like SSJ 16 and know secret techniques nobody has ever scene before and can curbstomp the entire cast at once.

You aren't missing anything really. Broly as a character is one of the single worst characters in the entire franchise, who's motivations stem from baby Goku's crying annoying him as a child. He's ridiculously strong for no reason, and his only dialog consists of screaming, "Kakarottooooooo!" To top it all off all three of his movies are just terrible

BatDan

The first time it's played, with the vocals, is in episode 14.

For those avoiding spoilers, the conversation is just about on which episode a certain music track first plays.

Thank you.
Not for a while then if you factor movie month.

Jarate

Banned

this is the azbsolute most horrendous thing Ive ever seen witnessed

I am now going to pirate every single Naruto, Attack On Titan, One Piece, and Detective Conan piece of media I can find

I wont actually, but seriously, who thought that an awful rainbow room filled with photoshopped characters would be a good idea

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, I was hoping we'd actually see different franchises represented. Did they only go with those 4 cuz those were the animes/mangas that got pirated the most or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom