• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nami is the only halfway respectable pirate of the group, even then after her arc she basically stops robbing people.

*watches 30 minutes AKB48 Show*

I guess the songs were alright, even though I don't know what the hell they were saying. The rest...I'm gonna pretend I never saw that

daveo42

Banned
Yeah, piracy in OP is a bit odd and mostly boils down to doing what you want and not stopping when the Marines/Navy/WG say, even if what you are doing is perceived as morally right. Flying a jolly roger will get you there too. Of course, more infamous pirates do pop up that do a bit more on the side of pillaging and stealing (Nami being a prime example of stealing, Arlong with the actual pillaging and extortion).

Dat Age of Ultron trailer.

WWE-fan-is-amazed.gif

Thank you for this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*sees censored Guilty Gear Xrd US boxart*

*Remembers previous episode of Hellsing Ultimate w/ vampire nazis eating babies*

*sigh* One of these days, I wish people would sit down & give a serious thought about their ideas of what should & doesn't need to be censored. Just a shame a majority of the time, the discussion doesn't end well...

Yes, an OVA series & a t-rated game are in different leagues, but it still reminds me just how other countries aren't as strict when it comes to the US. At least the actual character model won't be altered.

Seda

Okay, I understand that the change is silly and unnecessary, but it's so darn minor I have a hard time believing that it actually could be problematic for some.

I just remembered that Tactics Ogre's box was 'censored' too. The artwork is still great and it doesn't change that it's one of the best PSP games.

I only really take issue with censorship when it's like the cut scenes in Xenosaga III that literally don't make sense in the US version.

Okay, I understand that the change is silly and unnecessary, but it's so darn minor I have a hard time believing that it actually could be problematic for some.

I just remembered that Tactics Ogre's box was 'censored' too. The artwork is still great and it doesn't change that it's one of the best PSP games.

I only really take issue with censorship when it's like the cut scenes in Xenosaga III that literally don't make sense in the US version.

This, it took me a moment to even find what was censored between the two versions. If they were (or end up) censoring her in game model then I could see a reason to be upset like what happened with Bravely Default. As it stands though it's completely minor all things considered and while yes its the classic "hurr durr US afraid of bewbs and not horrible violence/gore" I don't think it's not worth rioting about.

i don't really see the point in censoring that since it's minor and not even the focus of the box art.

but since it's minor i also don't see why it warrants anything beyond an eye roll.

Soulflarz

Banned
In the OP world, stealing isn't a necessary requirement for being a pirate.
Doing whatever you want and flying a pirate flag is enough, but you won't be taken seriously until you get a bounty.

Gonna be honest here, I thought Luffys bounty was going up for the fun of it mainly

Drakengard 1 is my lead example for too much censorship. It makes next to no sense without google.

daveo42

Banned
Bounties are basically power levels in One Piece world

Not necessarily. They are the perceived threat to the World Government and in some cases the world in general. You can rack up a pretty high bounty just going around killing people and not be all that strong. The ones we have seen thus far might factor into that somewhat, but the larger the number the more infamous, not necessarily more powerful.

Uhh no.
Spoilers for post-Toonami material
Chopper has a bounty of 50 because the government thinks he's merely a pet. They don't know the extent of his true power.
It's not about power, it's about the level of threat the government sees them. Robin was 8 years old when she got a bounty of 79 million. All because of the secrets she knows.

These are also good examples.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Bounties are basically power levels in One Piece world

Uhh no.
Chopper has a bounty of 50 because the government thinks he's merely a pet. They don't know the extent of his true power.
It's not about power, it's about the level of threat the government sees them. Robin was 8 years old when she got a bounty of 79 million. All because of the secrets she knows.

Not necessarily. They are the perceived threat to the World Government and in some cases the world in general. You can rack up a pretty high bounty just going around killing people and not be all that strong. The ones we have seen thus far might factor into that somewhat, but the larger the number the more infamous, not necessarily more powerful.

i've always seen it as that being the "joke." people in the One Piece world perceive bounties like power levels, but in reality they change for arbitrary reasons and are not very accurate reflections. like power levels!

Raxus

Uhh no.

For the record Enel would have been considered a 500 million berry bounty by the World Government if anyone knew the existance of Skypia. That is higher than over half the strongest fighters that appear at the series and *minor manga spoiler*
Higher than Luffy is now.
It makes sense why he'd place that high but there are plenty of people we meet in the future that can beat Enel like a drum.

Jarate

Banned
Also, the warlords will usually havr smaller bounties because theyll increase in power while working for the government.

Also, with regards to pirates in the One Piece universe, think of them as like modern bikers. Theyre lawless and cause havoc, and most are bad people, but youll find some who are just in it for the fame and glory and the fun.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
i don't really see the point in censoring that since it's minor and not even the focus of the box art.

but since it's minor i also don't see why it warrants anything beyond an eye roll.
I pretty much agree with this. It's a minor thing, but it makes me question why they'd care about censoring it in the first place.

Oh well, it shouldn't affect the actual character model (especially since this isn't the first time an ASW's cover art got alternated for the US), & really, I don't look at box art for too long, but still kind of silly.

Looks like there was an "update" to the Dish/Turner ordeal:

"Thank you for your patience as we work to restore these channels. We are working around the clock to reach an bring these channels back."

.....so nothing has happened, I'm guessing....also I'm assuming they forgot the words "agreement" & "to".

Rutger

Banned

Such a minor change, I don't really care that it happened. :/

I pretty much agree with this. It's a minor thing, but it makes me question why they'd care about censoring it in the first place.

Oh well, it shouldn't affect the actual character model (especially since this isn't the first time an ASW's cover art got alternated for the US), & really, I don't look at box art for too long, but still kind of silly.

Yeah, there's no way the model will be changed, the companies working on this have never had a problem with the in game designs of I-no, Dizzy, and about a third of Blazblue's cast.

Hell, it'd be impossible to tone down I-no, so it'd be kind of funny if they did try to censor Elphelt in game.

SAO S2 is one of the shows that is only a matter of when it'll air on the block not if. It's dub will probably not be ready by the time Gurren Lagann ends but whatever Aniplex show replaced GL (Magi, Kill La Kill, etc) will then be replaced by SAO S2. If they can't/won't get KLK for whatever reason I could see them going with Magi S1 -> SAO S2 -> Magi S2 assuming Magi S1 does well on the block.

daveo42

Banned
They could air SAO 1 after GL and then 2 right after it.

Were going to get it tho regardless. Aoty incoming yall

If that happened, I think I'd run out of rage somewhere early into S2. I have no clue how that makes me feel now.

Let's just try and avoid that scenario and not give DeMarco any potentially bad ideas about scheduling that show.

BBboy20

bYVo07E.jpg

Roughly 3 days but I fucking did it. Now the real challenge starts tomorrow. :(

SHOVEL KNIGHT.
Would I make people jealous here if It old you I met 3 of Yacht during Comic-Con? It was quite an memorable experience meeting game devs for the first time in person (Even got two of their business cards).

daveo42

Banned
bYVo07E.jpg

Roughly 3 days but I fucking did it. Now the real challenge starts tomorrow. :(

Would I make people jealous here if It old you I met 3 of Yacht during Comic-Con? It was quite an memorable experience meeting game devs for the first time in person (Even got two of their business cards).

Now I'm a bit upset Amazon is saying this game isn't going to show up till Saturday. I totally hope that isn't true.

daveo42

Banned
That's why I'm getting my copy from the Nintendo World Store tomorrow night, well that and the Bayonetta cosplayers...

I'm thinking of trying to grab a copy tomorrow night as well, just to have it, but I'll probably wait it out anyway.

Midnight. In game magazines Wii U eshop.

I'm odd and still love physical copies of games.

Some said they canceled and reordered thier copies to confirm it for tomorrow.

It already shipped today and is in route. If it happens to get to the distribution center tonight then I should be good for tomorrow. Won't know that till tonight anyway.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Some said they canceled and reordered thier copies to confirm it for tomorrow.

Amazon is telling me mine won't arrive until next Tuesday. Even though I put the order in like a month ago and have it set to release date shipping on Prime. And because it's in the process of switching over to "shipping soon," I can't cancel it or change the shipping speed. :/

daveo42

Banned
Amazon is telling me mine won't arrive until next Tuesday. Even though I put the order in like a month ago and have it set to release date shipping on Prime. And because it's in the process of switching over to "shipping soon," I can't cancel it or change the shipping speed. :/

I think the only option right now would be to buy it elsewhere on launch and return the Amazon package. That might be a good idea in your case because of the longer delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom