• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me thinks DBZ at 12 is the obvious choice, the other part feels that you have to put it in a later slot to build up audience. But then if you put it on too late, will it get enough eyeballs?

Regiruler

I forget, friending someone on miiverse's 3DS or web client will have them registered as friends on the Wii U, right?

Because I could totally add you that way as I currently don't have my console with me (not until I go back for thanksgiving).

Soulflarz

Banned
I forget, friending someone on miiverse's 3DS or web client will have them registered as friends on the Wii U, right?

Because I could totally add you that way as I currently don't have my console with me (not until I go back for thanksgiving).
...wait you can friend via miiverse for browser?

I still think AoT will slide down to after Gurren Lagann after Hellsing finishes airing so they can put a new show at 11:30, if not the weekend hellsing ends then perhaps we'll just get something as a place holder until January when a big new show takes over at 11:30. I'll be really surprised if AoT reairs completely at 11:30

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
is it weird to not care about Destiny?

Nah. Most people don't care now. There might be a flare up of care when an expansion comes out, but it's not going to be the hugely-successful franchise in line with Halo

Demarco heard you guys saying "Psh, they won't air AoT again in the same slot"

8cF5KPm.gif

is it weird to not care about Destiny?

Eh, I don't care for it.

daveo42

Banned
I feel weird being a neogaf member and not caring about Smash, Bayo, or Destiny.

Destiny was meh at most, but scratched that itch for mindless fun I suppose. I've never played a Bayo game either. The last Smash that was good was Melee anyway. It's not weird per se, just different.

I, at least, can't fault you for Destiny.

Destiny was meh at most, but scratched that itch for mindless fun I suppose. I've never played a Bayo game either. The last Smash that was good was Melee anyway. It's not weird per se, just different.

I, at least, can't fault you for Destiny.

Uhh we haven't even had a chance to play smash wiiu, and if smash 3ds is any indication unless you're a hard core tourney only player smash wiiu should blow it out of the water

Also "the last smash that was good was melee" there was 1 smash game between melee and smash 3ds/wiiu

What are you talking about?

daveo42

Banned
Uhh we haven't even had a chance to play smash wiiu, and if smash 3ds is any indication unless you're a hard core tourney only player smash wiiu should blow it out of the water

Also "the last smash that was good was melee" there was 1 smash game between melee and smash 3ds/wiiu

What are you talking about?

Melee > Brawl

I don't have context yet on how Wii U will play, which is why I used the term "last". New Smash does look good though. I couldn't get into the demo on 3DS mainly because of how it felt playing on a 3DS as opposed to a controller so I passed on it.

Regiruler

So I'm going for that $3 Bayonetta BF on itunes... and it says I need to create an apple id yet it won't let me alter the fields.

What is this shit.

Cwarrior

Since Gurren Lagann has a tendency to introduce characters quickly, sometimes not even bothering to introduce them at all, I thought I would create this guide to help the new viewers. Nothing here is a spoiler and I've deliberately left some information out, just in case. If this is helpful I can post it again when the show airs on Saturday.

yjOswPO.jpg

[/LIST]

This is one the many things wrong with granlaggan, it has so many characters but yet they mostly serve as nothing more then background wallpaper.they have little to no effect on the story while simon is the most important person in it's universe and most of the rest exist to artificial fill the room.

All you need to know is

Simon = everything revolves around him everyone exist around him
Kamina = the mentor figure for the main character
Yoko = the tits...hell pay attention to her big sniper rifle it does nothing...except to make her boobs jiggle
Nia =
the damsel
Rossiu =
story road block aka a plot device to halt story to drag it too the 2 season mark (27episodes)

The rest wallpaper at best.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Spent the last hour looking at Five Nights at Freddy's imagery.

Fuck Five Nights at Freddy's.

I feel it's an effective horror game that gets a lot of flack because many "popular" YouTube users "ruined" it with facecam LPs screaming and acting like total asshats for views.
It's rather difficult to find decent videos of it.

ckohler

This is one the many things wrong with granlaggan, it has so many characters but they mostly serve as nothing more then background wallpaper.they have little to no effect on the story while simon is the most important person in it's universe and most of the rest exist to artificial fill the room.

I won't debate it here as there are too many people here who've not see the show to completion. I'll just say that almost every character contributes something worthwhile to the story IMO, some more than others yes, but they all have a solid role to play. Regardless of that, I find them all fun and endearing.

Saying Yoko is just tits is really insulting and just not true. Compaired to some of the characters in something like AoT, Naruto or SAO she's got far, far more depth and more of a story arc. Also, to say that Leeron doesn't contribute to the story.. Really? C'mon.

The show doesn't have a deep plot or anything but I do recognize it has more depth than you're giving it.

Seda

You also can't expect every character to have the same level of significance to the plot. Like, you probably shouldn't criticize a narrative for simply spending the majority of time developing around the main character. Of course, the extent to which a narrative does this can differ and be discussed, and every character should have some /reason/ for being introduced in the first place. However, some characters are going to be prominent and some are going to be supporting. You can argue why a particular character should or not be more prevalent, but a criticism of a character simply because of their importance, is pretty weak to stand on its own, really.

I kind of evaluate characters in two ways. 1.) Their character personality and motivations, and how the character may grow throughout the series. 2.) Their role in the narrative as a whole and what they contribute in plot development. There are some characters I like that really don't do much (and could probably be removed without too much hassle), but I still appreciate for some character trait or personality. Conversely, there are number of unlikable characters that exhibit a /useful/ role in a plotline.

(I should note that I oftentimes see people imply that static characters == bad and dynamic characters == good. This is simply not the case as I see it. Good characters don't necessarily have to significantly change throughout the series, and dramatic character development is not automatically good.)

I will say, up to the current point, I don't really think highly of Yoko. So far all she has contributed really is the introduction to the surface world and to Simon's funk in recent episodes. Otherwise, it seems she tags along for the simple reason that gunmen are bad and need to be stopped, and she had a crush on Kamina.

Obviously I haven't seen the series in whole so this is subject to change.

Gorillaz

Demarco heard you guys saying "Psh, they won't air AoT again in the same slot"

8cF5KPm.gif

Eh, I don't care for it.

I don't know what I expected popping in on toonamigaf during the week. But this gif wasn't it

however I need some wackiness right about now since I had to stay late for some bull.

You also can't expect every character to have the same level of significance to the plot. Like, you probably shouldn't criticize a narrative for simply spending the majority of time developing around the main character. Of course, the extent to which a narrative does this can differ and be discussed, and every character should have some /reason/ for being introduced in the first place. However, some characters are going to be prominent and some are going to be supporting. You can argue why a particular character should or not be more prevalent, but a criticism of a character simply because of their importance, is pretty weak to stand on its own, really.

I kind of evaluate characters in two ways. 1.) Their character personality and motivations, and how the character may grow throughout the series. 2.) Their role in the narrative as a whole and what they contribute in plot development. There are some characters I like that really don't do much (and could probably be removed without too much hassle), but I still appreciate for some character trait or personality. Conversely, there are number of unlikable characters that exhibit a /useful/ role in a plotline.

(I should note that I oftentimes see people imply that static characters == bad and dynamic characters == good. This is simply not the case as I see it. Good characters don't necessarily have to significantly change throughout the series, and dramatic character development is not automatically good.)

I will say, up to the current point, I don't really think highly of Yoko. So far all she has contributed really is the introduction to the surface world and to Simon's funk in recent episodes. Otherwise, it seems she tags along for the simple reason that gunmen are bad and need to be stopped, and she had a crush on Kamina.

Obviously I haven't seen the series in whole so this is subject to change.

but Sakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom