• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBboy20

you better take lots of pics of the event
uESMQxG.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPE

Here's hoping that TOM does a Smash 4 review after it comes out

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
HOLY CRAP, GUYS, DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE *insert Smash Direct news here* CUZ OMG I CAN'T WAIT TO *insert Smash Direct feature here* YEEESSSS.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
HOLY CRAP, GUYS, DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE *insert Smash Direct news here* CUZ OMG I CAN'T WAIT TO *insert Smash Direct feature here* YEEESSSS.

Pretty much, yeah.

At least the front page spam about a Nintendo game is for new news. Bayonetta had about 20 threads go up today just because.

Moaradin

I thought the "50 new features on WiiU" thing was mostly gonna be fluff, but they actually delivered. The WiiU version looks fucking packed.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like games with DLC far off in the distance. It shows that they didn't just cut it from the game to sell it later, they're actively working on it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is it wrong that one of the things I'm most excited for is Pit/Palutena conversations a la Snake's codecs?

Also DLC YEEEAAAAHHHHHH. I will totally buy a "season pass" after their awesome pricing with MK8 & Hyrule Warriors.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is it wrong that one of the things I'm most excited for is Pit/Palutena conversations a la Snake's codecs?

Also DLC YEEEAAAAHHHHHH. I will totally buy a "season pass" after their awesome pricing with MK8 & Hyrule Warriors.

First thing I'll do after unlocking all characters is hear all the conversations. They even made the inputs easier. Easily the second best thing from the announcement.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm laughing at myself for being mostly excited about Pit getting Snake's Codec calls.

It seems perfectly reasonable to me. If not for Mewtwo it would be the most exciting thing for me.

Stage builder is really nice and helpful for unlocking stuff too, wish I had it in the 3DS version. Plus this time you can make curves.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hearing the fact the CDs for registering both games are 36 tracks each pleases me so much.....but I gotta wait until MARCH to get it uuuggghhhh.

Seda

Smash Bros was cool when I lived with 3 brothers and could play the heck out of it with each other.

Now, I just know I'd get bored fairly quickly.

I thought the "50 new features on WiiU" thing was mostly gonna be fluff, but they actually delivered. The WiiU version looks fucking packed.
They freakin' delivered all right.
Had to rewatch it.

Up to 8 players?
Revamped stage builder?
Palutena codec?!
Revamped Classic?!!
ETC?!?!

"True Potential" indeed.

and that Bowser Jr. trailer...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh lord, I just typed up each of the disc's track listing. Stickerbush Symphony, all the Pac-Man songs, the Pokemon X/Y Battle theme, Mute City, the Balloon Fight Medley, YOU WILL KNOW OUR NAMES(!!!!).

I cannot wait to listen to these in my car.

ckohler

Since Gurren Lagann has a tendency to introduce characters quickly, sometimes not even bothering to introduce them at all, I thought I would create this guide to help the new viewers. Nothing here is a spoiler and I've deliberately left some information out, just in case. If this is helpful I can post it again when the show airs on Saturday.

yjOswPO.jpg

TEAM DAI-GURREN

1. Simon - Gunmen Pilot (Lagann)
  2. Yoko - Sniper
  3. Dayakka - Captain of Dai-Gurren, Gunmen Pilot (Dayakkaiser)
  4. Leeron - Science Officer
  5. Rossiu - Gunmen Pilot (Gurren)
  6. Gimmy
  7. Darry
  8. Kittan - Gunmen Pilot (King Kittan)
  9. Kiyoh - Control Room 3 Operator
  10. Kiyal - Control Room 3 Operator
  11. Kinon - Dai-Gurren's Radar Operator
  12. 'Gramps' - Unknown
  13. Makken - Gunmen Pilot (Mo-Shogun)
  14. Zorthy - Gunmen Pilot (Sawzorthn)
  15. Kid - Gunmen Pilot (Kidknuckle)
  16. Iraak - Gunmen Pilot (Einzer)
  17. Balinbow - Gunmen Pilot (The Twin Boukun)
  18. Jorgun - Gunmen Pilot (The Twin Boukun)
  19. Gabal - Dai-Gurren's Helmsman
  20. Aretenborough - Dai-Gurren's Gunner
  21. Tetukan - Dai-Gurren's Operations Officer
  22. Leyte - Dai-Gurren's Chief Engineer
  23. Nia - Daughter of Spiral King Lordgenome

LG9U2jp.jpg

THE SPIRAL KING'S FOUR GENERALS

1. Thymilph the Raging Wave - Beastman General, Gunmen pilot (Byakou) [Deceased]
  2. Adiane the Elegant - Beastman General, Gunmen pilot (Sayrune)
  3. Guame the Immoveable - Beastman General
  4. Cytomander the Swift - Beastman General
Fun fact: Lordgenome’s four generals' names are based on the four nucleobases that comprise DNA: Thymine, Adenine, Guanine, and Cytosine.

Seda

That's actually very useful. Especially for unusual names, it helps to see them in writing to mentally 'attach' them to a character.

I have a tendency to look up names whenever a character is introduced for most shows, although this is a good way to run into spoilers.

So thanks!

Seda

There might be some moving around of stuff with Bleach gone I suppose. Our long shared nightmare is almost over guys, it's almost over.

Yeah, basically that, and showing Attack on Titan still at 11:30, although I don't think there was much doubt there.

Of course, things can change or whatever.

daveo42

Banned
I'm expecting they hold out as long as possible on the updated line up, though we are all fairly sure of where DBZ Kai will fall on the 8th. I'm not really expecting them to shake up the line up too much when the time comes.

Characters

Thanks for this. Even after watching the anime and both movies, I know most of these characters by face and actions and not as much by names. Always a good refresher too.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, basically that, and showing Attack on Titan still at 11:30, although I don't think there was much doubt there.

Of course, things can change or whatever.

Part of me expects them to move Naruto into Bleach's spot and put DBZ in Naruto's old spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom