• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good gawd guys, it's The Final Act.

Here's your 11/1 lineup:
11:30 – Attack on Titan (finale)

12:00 –Bleach (finale)

12:30 – Naruto Shippuden

01:00 – One Piece

01:30 – Gurren Lagann

02:00 – Hellsing Ultimate

2:00 again (time change hour) - Cooler’s Revenge

03:00 – Space Dandy

03:30 – Cowboy Bebop

04:00 – Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

04:30 – Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd Gig

05:00 – Big O

05:30 – Samurai Jack

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/100836481908/11-1-line-up-announcement

ckohler

MikeMyers is going to explode.

I've never a big Inuyasha fan but I like Rumiko Takahashi enough to want to see how the series ends.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What happened?! Now that's a cock-block.

*looks up when IX and X come out* October 28th so the Blu-Ray is out next week. Still, what the fuck
I can't help but wonder if this is the reason. But still, they better show those final episodes eventually. Now I know how those fans felt having to wait for the next set of episodes.

Crocodile

Who signs a contract/makes a deal for only 9/10 available episodes? That doesn't even make sense. Either Funimation are jerks or someone(s) at Adult Swim are morons. Is there a third, reasonable explanation I'm missing?

Tenumi

Banned

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I guess I could support Funi and buy the Blu-Ray
*looks up price* $34 for two episodes? ... Might wait for a sale.

ckohler

Not to be a conspiracy theorist but maybe CN got a ton of complaints regarding violence and now they have to pull it. There was a vampire eating a baby last week.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Or maybe the final 2 episodes were super ultra mega turbo violent & stuff.

So what's gonna air at 2:30 AM now.

Tenumi

Banned
Not to be a conspiracy theorist but maybe CN got a ton of complaints regarding violence and now they have to pull it. There was a vampire eating a baby last week.

If they can show near tentacle-rape, they can show baby eating.

Boy, that's one to take out of context...

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
What happened?! Now that's a cock-block.

*looks up when IX and X come out* October 28th so the Blu-Ray is out next week. Still, what the fuck
Yep. This is totally the reason. Funimation doesn't like stuff to air on TV so close to release. Probably wrote a contract for all episodes currently available without realizing IX and X weren't a part of it.

Yep. This is totally the reason. Funimation doesn't like stuff to air on TV so close to release. Probably wrote a contract for all episodes currently available without realizing IX and X weren't a part of it.

It's like 2 weeks after the release though.

By the way guys, it's only X that's not airing. IX is airing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

It's more likely that they just weren't given the rights. Hellsing Ultimate IX and X don't release in the US in any form until next Tuesday, whereas episodes I-VIII have been on the market for years. I guess they just don't want a free (well, cable) TV broadcast to cannibalize the BD/DVD release like 2 weeks later.

Inuyasha is getting here only about 4 years later than it ought to have. It's about time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So to no surprise, DBZ Kai is airing at Midnight, with AoT re-airing at the same time.

11/8 TOONAMI LINE UP ANNOUNCEMENT
11:30 – Attack on Titan (Rerun)
12:00 –Dragonball Z Kai (Premiere)
12:30 – Naruto Shippuden
01:00 – One Piece
01:30 – Gurren Lagann
02:00 – Hellsing Ultimate (finale)
03:00 – Space Dandy
03:30 – Cowboy Bebop
04:00 – Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
04:30 – Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd Gig
05:00 – Big O
05:30 – Samurai Jack

Gorillaz

ole dude definitely got a little too laxed on what he could show on Toonami. CN probably was getting some shit from its sponsors

edit: oh it's a rights thing huh

BatDan

It's probably a combination of rights and the upcoming Blu-Ray.

I do know that subbed versions of IX and X have been out for a while, but who wants to watch that?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I harbor no feelings towards Inuyasha Final Act being added.

On the one hand, hey, another "new" version of a previous show (see DBZ Kai) that was on CN & therefore will probably be popular for nostalgia sake.

On the other....I don't particularly care. I lost interest in the original series, only "watching" it to record it for a friend & that ending was stupid. Therefore I have no interest in seeing this, especially with how I felt the original just dragged at times & felt repetitive.

MAYBE I'll watch a few episodes to see if it's worth going back, along with the fact I'll actually have people to watch it with.

I harbor no feelings towards Inuyasha Final Act being added.

On the one hand, hey, another "new" version of a previous show (see DBZ Kai) that was on CN & therefore will probably be popular for nostalgia sake.

On the other....I don't particularly care. I lost interest in the original series, only "watching" it to record it for a friend & that ending was stupid. Therefore I have no interest in seeing this, especially with how I felt the original just dragged at times & felt repetitive.

MAYBE I'll watch a few episodes to see if it's worth going back, along with the fact I'll actually have people to watch it with.

for what it's worth The Final Act moves ridiculously fast and is only 26 episodes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
for what it's worth The Final Act moves ridiculously fast and is only 26 episodes.
Alright, this is nice to hear. Same reason why I'll watch DBZ Kai, because it trims down most of the "fat".

Just hope there's an actual ending this time (I'm guessing there will what with it being FINAL Act). A girl I knew in high school who loved Inuyasha was pissed at the original's ending, almost to the point she lost interest in the series.

daveo42

Banned
Man that sucks. Pretty indifferent on Inuyasha too.

Same here. Never got into Inuyasha when it was first airing, but it was fun to have on in the back ground. Sucks about the rights issues with the last episode of Hellsing. Maybe we will eventually get them once CN has the rights to air it? Maybe we need to start a MikeMyers-style push for it to get X.

Edit: I had it right the first time.

Grexeno

It doesn't make sense for the reason to be DeMarco getting shit from sponsors/censors. If that was the case they'd be pulling Hellsing immediately. And even if for some reason they didn't have to pull it immediately, why wouldn't they just show X instead of stopping at IX?

BatDan

Maybe they can get the rights for next Halloween? Probably start from the beginning to refresh us on what happened.

Guys they're not stopping at IX, they're stopping at VIII. The schedule says the "finale" is on November 8th, and that's when they're airing Episode VIII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom