• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't make sense for the reason to be DeMarco getting shit from sponsors/censors. If that was the case they'd be pulling Hellsing immediately. And even if for some reason they didn't have to pull it immediately, why wouldn't they just show X instead of stopping at IX?

Heh, GMN corrected me, it's IX and X that are missing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, this is nice to hear. Same reason why I'll watch DBZ Kai, because it trims down most of the "fat".

Just hope there's an actual ending this time (I'm guessing there will what with it being FINAL Act). A girl I knew in high school who loved Inuyasha was pissed at the original's ending, almost to the point she lost interest in the series.
Final Act picks up literally right where the last series left off, and if memory serves me right from the one or two episodes I saw, it gives you little in the form of recapping the specifics of what exactly had been going down in the Inuyasha anime when it was canceled. It's pretty much just full tilt go time from the start.

And when people say it moves ridiculously fast, they mean it. It's the anti-Shippuden. We're talking like full manga VOLUMES per episode.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Okay, real talk, these scheduling/episode airing problems are getting goddamned ridiculous.

I am super pissed about Hellsing, but this isn't the first time they've suddenly found out they couldn't air episodes past a certain date/point.

Magwik

Banned
I really need to pick up Inuyasha again. I marathoned 500 episodes of One Piece in less than a month but have been struggling with Inuyasha for like 2 years now.

daveo42

Banned
Fast pacing sounds good, especially since after the snorefest that Shippuden has been and upcoming episodes of One Piece keeping their pacing pretty slow. It's actually going to be weird as DBZ Kai moves pretty fast as well, though not nearly as fast as Final Act.

I really need to pick up Inuyasha again. I marathoned 500 episodes of One Piece in less than a month but have been struggling with Inuyasha for like 2 years now.

That...that's a bit insane.

Magwik

Banned
Fast pacing sounds good, especially since after the snorefest that Shippuden has been and upcoming episodes of One Piece keeping their pacing pretty slow. It's actually going to be weird as DBZ Kai moves pretty fast as well, though not nearly as fast as Final Act.

That...that's a bit insane.

If it makes it any better I skipped the filler and most of thriller bark and fishman island.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So just counted that Final Act will finish in about May. If it wasn't for Movie Month (which I'm sure will run during IFA's air time), then it would've finished April 25th.

Edit: I'm thinking May 23rd is the final episode.

LOLDSFAN

tumblr_mkz1vkKmxU1rmc523o1_500.gif

Sad to see the Hellsing news. :(

Bio-Frost

Great news about inyuasha. Now I just need to find out what happened at the end of the original so I wont be lost. Last time I watched Inyuasha was when it originally aired on adult swim.

Rutger

Banned
I did think it was surprising that we got Hellsing Ultimate so soon after the last two episodes were dubbed, but I didn't expect to hear this.

Sad news, can't say that I'm interested in watching Inuyasha either.
Oh well. :/

Seda

Bleach: November 1st, 2014
Attack on Titan: November 1st, 2014
Hellsing Ultimate: November 8th, 2014
Big O (Season 2): December 27th, 2014
Cowboy Bebop: January 31st, 2015
Samurai Jack: February 7th, 2015
Gurren Lagann: February 21st, 2015
Ghost in the Shell 2nd Gig: March 28th, 2015
Space Dandy (rerun): April 4th, 2015
Attack on Titan (rerun): May 2nd, 2015
Inuyasha: The Final Act: May 9th, 2015
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: May 30th, 2015
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not accounting for movies.

Hopefully 2AM works for Mike

Moaradin

It's been a decade since I watched Inuyasha but hopefully I'll be able to jump right into Final Act since the plot in that show goes nowhere most of the time.

LICH KING DEMARCO @Clarknova1 · 14m 14 minutes ago
#hellsing fans, I get your frustration. Believe me, no one's more frustrated about it then we are. Sadly some things are out of our control.

LICH KING DEMARCO @Clarknova1 · 14m 14 minutes ago
All we can do is the best we can with the tools we have, so we will never be perfect over here. But we promise to try.

LICH KING DEMARCO @Clarknova1 · 12m 12 minutes ago

I mean I will literally be finishing #Hellsing Ultimate on our air, then DLing 9 and 10 to finish it, too. It's costing ME money too! haha

"DLing"

Grexeno

"Some things are out of our control. For example, my utter inability to carefully read legal documents pertaining to broadcast rights."

Moaradin

This really bums me out. I wouldn't have got invested in Hellsing if I knew this was gonna happen. Now I'm gonna have to get the last two episodes =/

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm happy enough in Final Act
That I only kinda care that Hellsing is leaving us early.

It sucks, it shouldn't end this way, but premium, "we've barely had time to release the DVD/Blu-Ray" stuff like this feels like a treat most of the time anyway, so a surprise issue doesn't burn as much as it could.

And both episodes come on one Blu-ray release? Much simpler than needing to buy missed seasons, or needing to buy 1 and a half disk due to a mid-collection cancellation. Not the worst thing.

Lose 2 weeks of Hellsing, gain half a year of Inuyasha. I'll live!

I just got promoted to DSD Receiving Manager at walmart. Pay increase and a monday to friday 7-4 position where I get to be my own boss. So very excited and I should never have to worry about Toonami being impacted by work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom