• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
I tend to not care how much dialogue is in a chapter. I'm alright with good art and enough story or dialogue to get the points across.

Or the best combination of a lot of story and great art, like Shokugeki no Soma.

Raxus

I tend to not care how much dialogue is in a chapter. I'm alright with good art and enough story or dialogue to get the points across.

Or the best combination of a lot of story and great art, like Shokugeki no Soma.

or One Punch Man

or Berzerk

daveo42

Banned
I look way less at total dialogue and how much actually happens in a chapter. Naruto seems to move at a fairly consistent pace week to week outside of the occasional use of flashbacks. Bleach is about the worst at pacing because of how the fights are structured. One Piece is almost always dialogue dense and has a lot going on. One Piece is also the only long running shounen manga that has few wasted panels, even if the overall story could use some trimming.

I read Coldplay like 3 times and was confused when I clicked that link.

Jarate

Banned
Im once again reminded of why I don't like going to OT anymore

Also, question of the day

Should I mskip to where im at in One Piece manga, or should I just continue reading the whole things

Im only on volume 24 right now and it's taken me like 2 weeks to get there. It's really hard to go ham on it, but is there anything worth reading over again that might be a wee bit different or better done in the manga

Mad suspect tweet there, Bass. >.>

Im once again reminded of why I don't like going to OT anymore

Also, question of the day

Should I mskip to where im at in One Piece manga, or should I just continue reading the whole things

Im only on volume 24 right now and it's taken me like 2 weeks to get there. It's really hard to go ham on it, but is there anything worth reading over again that might be a wee bit different or better done in the manga

You might notice and appreciate things you never did before the first time around.

Like in Jaya and Skypiea.

Jarate

Banned
Mad suspect tweet there, Bass. >.>

You might notice and appreciate things you never did before the first time around.

Like in Jaya and Skypiea.

Uggh, im just starting
Skypeia
now

DO NOT CLICK MAJOR SPOILERS
I think I heard Sabo came back in the most recent arc, and I realy wanna see that though ;-;
DO NOT CLICK MAJOR ONE PIECE SPOILERS

Never skip anything in One Piece.

Im caught up to
Dress Rosa
in the anime though

Jarate

Banned
The call backs and connections in One Piece are amazing. Skipping anything in the manga is a bad idea.

Im not skipping anything, im just wondering if I should continue reading the 500 chapters necessary to catch myself up to where I am at the anime, or if I should just read the manga from where im at in the anime

daveo42

Banned
Im not skipping anything, im just wondering if I should continue reading the 500 chapters necessary to catch myself up to where I am at the anime, or if I should just read the manga from where im at in the anime

I'd read the entirety of the manga. It wouldn't be bad to read from where you are in the anime, but as some have said, anime is a good supplement to the manga to help flesh stuff out, but the manga is usually the best source.

Jarate

Banned
I'd read the entirety of the manga. It wouldn't be bad to read from where you are in the anime, but as some have said, anime is a good supplement to the manga to help flesh stuff out, but the manga is usually the best source.
The epic to,e that is One Piece shall be read

RIP my wallet ;-;

Jarate

Banned
Cause we want a good full op on Toonami

come_on_gtfo_now_gif.gif

So all you guys serious about wanting to lose weigt and get into shape I'd highly recommend a fitbit or other device like it. Its been a constant reminder to be more active and eat healthier and its made me go out of my way to exercise twice already which is more then I've done in the past 6 months. Will update you guys on how it goes for me over the next few months

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like Wii Fit U might help, especially since it has a pedometer that you can sync to the game (heck, I bring my 3DS with me just to get those game coins). The problem is that college is taking up a good amount of energy.

Also, getting healthier foods sometimes results in more money being spent. It's annoying how cheap junk food can be in comparison to some healthier stuff.

I feel like Wii Fit U might help, especially since it has a pedometer that you can sync to the game (heck, I bring my 3DS with me just to get those game coins). The problem is that college is taking up a good amount of energy.

Also, getting healthier foods sometimes results in more money being spent. It's annoying how cheap junk food can be in comparison to some healthier stuff.

The trick is you can eat whatever junk you want, you just have to control how much of it you eat. Yes a balanced diet is healthier, but if you're goal is simply weight loss 2000 calories is 2000 calories (or however many is recommended for you). You can lose weight only eating oreos and drinking soda, you won't feel good losing weight like that but its possible.

Soulflarz

Banned
The trick is you can eat whatever junk you want, you just have to control how much of it you eat. Yes a balanced diet is healthier, but if you're goal is simply weight loss 2000 calories is 2000 calories (or however many is recommended for you). You can lose weight only eating oreos and drinking soda, you won't feel good losing weight like that but its possible.
Yep. You can definently lose weight by eating unhealthy in the sense of eating awkward amounts. It just isnt really healthy. Though its my normal method to stay at what I'm at.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh totally. Everything in moderation. Like I tend to make Saturday nights my junk food night with some extra butter popcorn & I've completely changed how much soda/pop I drink, not to mention fast food (then again, I don't have much money for it anyways). If anything, I've done well to keep the weight I lost 2 years ago, but I've hit that wall that makes it hard for me to even get below 210 now & I'm around 214-ish.

I know I should exercise (heck, I'll take the stairs to the 4th floor instead of the elevator just so I get SOME form in), but again, college just takes up most of my energy, especially if I have homework or study.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom