• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
CRAP CRAP CRAP, we might be getting rid of the Dish in our house (we got DVR & I think the 2nd most expensive package). Gonna try to talk with my dad on downgrading.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
uuggghhhh, so little sister is suggesting Hulu Plus, but the issue is that we don't have super fast internet (we have a more local/state company) & it's hard enough to try & watch certain streams in decent quality, so it's going to be a HUGE downgrade, not to mention if the internet's down, can't resort to watching TV as a backup.

Hoping to convince my dad to downgrade from 200 to 120 channels (which would be $15 less per month) & might have to finally start chipping in, maybe pay half per month or just be like "screw it, I'LL pay for it, it's just a week's worth of donating plasma anyways". The only downside is losing FXX, i.e. the Simpsons Rerun Channel, but I'd still keep Cartoon Network.

Line_HTX

Ditch the waste of channels and keep CN for Toonami.

I almost feel like those Sunday Ticket commercials of two different personalities, lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What sucks is that there's a $35/mo package but it doesn't have CN (whhyyyy), which would've been perfect. Another thing is that we have DVR for an extra $7. I might I might have to give that up as well, considering I mainly do it to record Simpsons reruns.

If we had better/faster internet, then I might've given in & figured out a way to watch Toonami with you guys, but when Dish lost Turner channels for a month, certain weeks were hell because of all the buffering, & we really don't have much options in terms of getting anything better/keeps the huge cap (200GB) we have.

So what's going on in he--

NahfecC.gif

Continue.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Cosplay=weekday ratings apparently.

Nothing can beat a good Naruto/Bleach opening conversation to really drive traffic here.

Other than being the terrible, the worst part of the Parasyte opening is that it doesn't even fit the show well.

The ending probably should have been the opening.

I dunno I think the dirty grunge music fits Parasyte, the ending is also the perfect SHINY SHINY after the general dark/violent scenes that usually end episodes

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'll never complain about Parasyte's ending. The opening just doesn't fit. It should be J-grunge or something else from deep in the past.

I dunno I think the dirty grunge music fits Parasyte, the ending is also the perfect SHINY SHINY after the general dark/violent scenes that usually end episodes

I don't know. I wouldn't characterize Parasyte as a dark grungy show by any standard. It has its share of dark moments, but later on Parasyte becomes a show that is flat out about
humanity and the strength of it.

Mizerman

I still can't forget how one of Bleach's endings was called Happy People.

Not that the song was bad, but the happiness of that music was odd during that time when it had episode that were total downers in tone (especially the flashback ones)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom