• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, apartment searching sucks, especially when you see the prices & then fees for stuff like having a pet ($650 TO ALLOW A CAT OR DOG TO STAY?!?).

Long as I can have cable/Cartoon Network for Toonami, internet (hell, if I can get fast enough internet, I'd be fine without cable as long as I can stream), & my cat with me, that's all I truly want. Too bad it's tough finding something that's affordable & it's not like I know anyone who could live with me.

But to get back on topic, yeah, sucks that Manglobe went bankrupt considering they did some other great stuff like Samurai Champloo, The World God Only Knows, & Deadman Wonderland. Though looking through the list, they didn't really make a ton else.

Man, apartment searching sucks, especially when you see the prices & then fees for stuff like having a pet ($650 TO ALLOW A CAT OR DOG TO STAY?!?).

Long as I can have cable/Cartoon Network for Toonami, internet (hell, if I can get fast enough internet, I'd be fine without cable as long as I can stream), & my cat with me, that's all I truly want. Too bad it's tough finding something that's affordable & it's not like I know anyone who could live with me.

But to get back on topic, yeah, sucks that Manglobe went bankrupt considering they did some other great stuff like Samurai Champloo, The World God Only Knows, & Deadman Wonderland. Though looking through the list, they didn't really make a ton else.

That's a pretty standard deposit for an appartment, even if the pet doesn't damage anything the apartment complex generally has to pay extra to get the pet smell out for future tenates in case of allergies

bigkrev

That's not too bad in regard to pet fees....

Also, Cartoon Network is on Sling TV which is only 20 bucks a month

Jarate

Banned
Apartments around here do 30$ a month extra for cats

Once my trucking job gets more steady I'm gonna have to go through that apartment hunting

Crocodile

Just finished DBZ Resurrection F. I really liked it. Pure Nostalgia Glasses tho as any thing DBZ I enjoy.
Having seen Resurrection F recently, I had these thoughts (some mirror yours some don't):

• It was nice to see some of the old crew get in the action but LOL at
    18 staying home to play babysitter while Krillin goes off to fight. I mean Krillin is a better character but from a narrative standpoint it makes no sense.
  • Gohan.......
    just pitiful....shameful really.......SMH
  • There was a lot of nice choreography but the actual animation left a lot to be desired. CG use was plentiful and almost always TERRIBLE.
  • Jaco is awesome. Toriyama is 3 for 3 for adding sweet new characters to the Dragon Ball universe.
  • Ending left a bad taste in my mouth.
    It denied Vegeta his rightful revenge just for Goku to save the day again? BOO-URNS. I don't even think for a second Goku will actually learn a lesson from this either.
  • Freiza and Sorbet's
    "trump card" was just stupid as fuck. These guys can take on planet destroying blasts with little issue but Goku goes down to a raygun?
    I call bullshit.
  • With Frieza's henchmen on the poster,
    you think they would be big shit but they get one-shoted (or even killed by Frieza) in seconds LOL.
  • Goku and Vegeta should learn to work together already. The events of this movie SHOULD be a wake up call but I doubt anything here carries over to Super.
Studio manglobe no longer exists Gangsta is never getting finished

Manglobe doesn't own Gangsta, its a manga adaptation. So if it sells well (doubtful), or give related media like the manga an appropriate boost or the publishers just want to pay for more anime to be made, then it can continue on without Manglobe.

Ultratech

Having seen Resurrection F recently, I had these thoughts (some mirror yours some don't):

• It was nice to see some of the old crew get in the action but LOL at
    18 staying home to play babysitter while Krillin goes off to fight. I mean Krillin is a better character but from a narrative standpoint it makes no sense.
  • Gohan.......
    just pitiful....shameful really.......SMH
  • There was a lot of nice choreography but the actual animation left a lot to be desired. CG use was plentiful and almost always TERRIBLE.
  • Jaco is awesome. Toriyama is 3 for 3 for adding sweet new characters to the Dragon Ball universe.
  • Ending left a bad taste in my mouth.
    It denied Vegeta his rightful revenge just for Goku to save the day again? BOO-URNS. I don't even think for a second Goku will actually learn a lesson from this either.
  • Freiza and Sorbet's
    "trump card" was just stupid as fuck. These guys can take on planet destroying blasts with little issue but Goku goes down to a raygun?
    I call bullshit.
  • With Frieza's henchmen on the poster,
    you think they would be big shit but they get one-shoted (or even killed by Frieza) in seconds LOL.
  • Goku and Vegeta should learn to work together already. The events of this movie SHOULD be a wake up call but I doubt anything here carries over to Super.

After watching Ressurection F last weekend, I had some similar thoughts as well.

Although the CG didn't bother me near as much of Battle of Gods for some reason.

And yeah, the ending kinda pissed me off a little
Vegeta getting fucked over on his revenge only for Time Shenanigans and Goku (and his kill-stealing) to finish off Freiza.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
With like a 2 minute delay, he'd be better off watching online with someones cable account
& again, our internet isn't really great for streaming. I like stuff in high quality & having stuff load beforehand, so that's why I'm not on board stuff like Netflix & such because you can't just LOAD something, it has to be streamed, meaning we're most likely gonna get stuck with 360p or 480p. Anything higher & it'll just keep buffering every 10 seconds.

Right now, I'll just see if my dad will keep it if I help pay for half the bill, or downgrade so instead of $82, it's $67 & I once again pay half. Just bugs me I'm trying to save up so I can finally leave the house & my dad even had a talk with me a few months ago about how he appreciates how much I do around the house, but he wants me to go live on my own & experience the "real world", but it sure feels hard to do that when nobody does chores & I keep having to pay for stuff that prevents me from moving out.

Doesn't help last week, I had to spend $500 to pay off a college class, then gotta save up again to fix the car (assuming my uncle even figures out what's wrong with it), & then figure out if I can get a PS4 on Black Friday along with some Xmas gifts for my dad & sister.

Apologizes for the unrelated rant. Just want to continue to be a part of this community & my methods of watching are at stake here while having to deal with saving up money. Trying to leave this house to remove stress, but it feels like it's just creating even more.

OMG, finally. I don't know how many fake versions existed on YouTube.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
For me, fuck We Go. Not technically the worst OP opening, but it's so bland and lasts for so long that I HATE IT

While We Go is the longest running OP in the series, it's only barely so. It only lasted a couple episodes longer than OP2 (Believe) did.

Unless, of course, you're only going by the Funimation simulcast stream version...

http://kotaku.com/a-serious-look-at-big-anime-eyes-1737751337

Glad to see Kotaku continuing to provide hard hitting journalism in the field of anime

Baffling to see that the author apparently doesn't realize KyoAni has used more then one director and character designer over the years and each show has different staff???? Like I don't even get the point he is trying to make.

Edit: Ok good I found the image -

IbXeQ.jpg

Seda

Ashcraft is garbage so I'm not surprised.

I'm not all 'LOL Kotaku' like some seem to be, but he is really terrible.

Soulflarz

Banned
Ashcraft is garbage so I'm not surprised.

I'm not all 'LOL Kotaku' like some seem to be, but he is really terrible.

That is Kotaku to me in a nutshell. There are some writers on there who I adore...and others who make articles that caused the initial "Lol Kotaku kbye" nonsense.

I know some people have asked Kotaku to be banned from GAF, but you'd be banning people Like Jason Schreier and Patrick Klepek then, who I would argue actually contribute to gaming news as a whole compared to the average journalist.

Kotaku has kind of rebounded and Polygon kind of took its spot

Schreir has done some good stuff like that Destiny thing but I only visit the site when its a news story linked in a thread, wouldn't consider going to it otherwise

Also giant eyes is literally as old as animation itself.

also true

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Seeing that image reminds me of the sad fact Nichijou's localization never happened due to Bandai closing down & nobody picked up the rights.

Line_HTX

Worst moe of all time and put my opinion of Kyoani at an all time low was Chuunibyo. Can't think of anything worse. At least I liked them better after watching Euphonium, making me want more of it.

:p

What was so bad about Beyond the Boundary?

Good animation and artwork but the plot is so haphazardly put together and the main characters are so god awful and run exclusively on one dimensional character traits like "clumsy" and "likes glasses." The MC's only trait is that he likes glasses, and the show will take every opportunity to remind you of that. So about 10,000 times.

I think people just like it because Mirai's design is fluffy. Best part was the teasing older nee-san archetype with black hair

Same as Chuu2 woah

edit: wait i dont think the girl was actually older, she was just doing the teasing thing anyway

Line_HTX

This show was such a massive disappointment and general waste of talent. What should have been an 8 or 9/10 and if executed well a 10/10 was just an awkward 5/10.

Well, better this then Aldnoah Zero to come to Toonami

Aldnoah and Ange need to be on simultaneously so that that one hour will break ToonamiGAF but not nuke it like other shows could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom