• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bleach was just well scored in general. As is Naruto/Naruto Shippuden. Easily the strongest element of both shows.

Grexeno

Here's an odd thing regarding openings: Naruto and Bleach go through them like candy, while One Piece, which has been on longer than either, has far less in total. Wonder why.

Here's an odd thing regarding openings: Naruto and Bleach go through them like candy, while One Piece, which has been on longer than either, has far less in total. Wonder why.

I dunno but I hate One Piece for it. Fucking Rainbow Star is the bane of my existence and is probably the song they play on repeat in hell.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Toei's weird about openings.
DBZ was 291 episodes and only had two openings in its entire run. Cha-La Head Cha-La and We Gotta Power.
Toriko was 147 and only had a single opening.
Yet One Piece has 18 openings rights now so maybe it has to do with the show's popularity? *shrugs*

I know I'm late to bringing this up but if Funi ever considers continuing dubbing Toriko, they'll have to recast Starjun as that was another Scott Freeman character. Yeesh, that's two pedophiles associated with the series now...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wonder if the reason I like the next One Piece opening is that it comes after CCRS.

It's the bridge to the ending is why I like it so much.

Raxus

A ton of people (myself somewhat included) weren't big fans of the second OP for Stardust Crusaders but when you begin to piece together the hints it becomes bloody amazing.

The endings are all pretty good but it is really really really hard to top Roundabout from parts 1 and 2.

OP2>OP1=OP4>OP3
ED1>ED3>ED2 (Swap 3 and 2 if we strictly go by visuals)

Buttrock is the ultimate musical paradox - it is bad, yet it is also somehow good. See - Metal Gear Rising's OST

>MGR OST
>Buttrock

I think we need to have a long discussion about what is and isn't buttrock.

For me, fuck We Go. Not technically the worst OP opening, but it's so bland and lasts for so long that I HATE IT
s3tWTC8.gif

No.

Soulflarz

Banned
A ton of people (myself somewhat included) weren't big fans of the second OP for Stardust Crusaders but when you begin to piece together the hints it becomes bloody amazing.

The endings are all pretty good but it is really really really hard to top Roundabout from parts 1 and 2.

Part 3s 2nd opening is redeemed for all by that one thing, yes. Even those who didnt like it.

Bloody stream is so good though.

LOLDSFAN

leone_cosplay_by_bahamut95-d97l8ox.jpg

Best Akame ga Kill waifu by far (Source)

Ej74vO4.gif

Hey the boob demographic is probably the only reason Michiko and Hatchin is still scoring so high.

Yes.

I might be part of that demographic.

For whatever reason though I love the TOONAMI cut of AGK's opening.

I do too. There's always a high probability that I'll dislike an OP if there are Japanese vocals so AGK's is really nice. The official one is good for about 5 seconds.

The second OP for Stardust Crusaders is amazing in terms of the easter eggs that are hidden throughout.

Plus the extended version that plays in the last few episodes.

End of ZA WARUDO!!

I know a lot of people don't like the Stardust Crusaders OPs, but I still love em. Especially the second one with it's visuals.

OP2>OP1=OP4>OP3
ED1>ED3>ED2 (Swap 3 and 2 if we strictly go by visuals)

Part 3s 2nd opening is redeemed for all by that one thing, yes. Even those who didnt like it.

Bloody stream is so good though.

The second OP for Stardust Crusaders is amazing in terms of the easter eggs that are hidden throughout.

Plus the extended version that plays in the last few episodes.

End of ZA WARUDO!!

I know brehs it's a really great OP

(spoilers)

Line_HTX

What's the context of that Jojo laughing gif? It's the one where his eyes are closed and then suddenly the whole screen is full of HAHAHAHAHA letters.

Crocodile

It seems I started something wonderful in here :p

kayla_erin_as_leone_by_kaylaerin-d9ctqd8.jpg
Source

I can apprreciate the quality (I'm familair with a lot of covers this woman does and I really like most of them) but I don't like turning a fast song into a slow song (she did it with som KLK songs too). It robs the song of all their energy.

boobrock is nothing more but a pale imitation of buttrock

Iunderstoodthatreference.gif

Parasyte has a great ending. Too bad they cut it badly.

Agreed!

Buttrock is the ultimate musical paradox - it is bad, yet it is also somehow good. See - Metal Gear Rising's OST

That's not buttrock, its bliss <3

Gotta sell them singles :p Honestly, I think Naruto and Bleach have had better opening themes overall though.

I know a lot of people don't like the Stardust Crusaders OPs, but I still love em. Especially the second one with it's visuals.

Why do you know so many people who hate joy and freedom?

Not a fan of the
HUGE SPOILERS
in the Battle Tendency opening though

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What's the context of that Jojo laughing gif? It's the one where his eyes are closed and then suddenly the whole screen is full of HAHAHAHAHA letters.
This one?

jojo-kars-laugh.gif

He's laughing at how Joseph was able to escape from him while they were falling down a cliff

Mik317

Just finished DBZ Resurrection F. I really liked it. Pure Nostalgia Glasses tho as any thing DBZ I enjoy. It wasn't perfect tho SPOILAZ AHEAD

The Good

- More DBZ
- There are various moments in the fight that made me go wooooo out load .
Goku's one inch punch was fucking gdlk
- Roshi and Tien get to do stuff besides job
kinda
- Nanny Piccolo
- Jaco translates well to the series. Although I imagine not knowing who the hell he is throwing people off as they don't explain much.
- Different than I expected.
I wondered how they'd make Freiza a threat a again and while the train really hard for once reason would have been fine, they also kinda didn't, he got trolled and styled on by Goku until a cheap shot and yet still would have gotten bodied by Vegeta w/o the ragequit. That was interesting and not what I expected. Also a fitting end....kinda

- The Dub. This is the best DBZ dub ever everyone is on point....kinda

- Frieza's theme. Gdlk

- Krillin's ringtone. gdlk

The ehhhh

- Gohan. In high school, you were the man homie....His performance pisses a lot of people off but
I think it was justified. He slacked off on his training and even admitted as such. He also still got a some shots in and even one shotted the goon. But still...damn son

- Beerus and Whis. While I like them, I also felt they added nothing to the movie. Beerus especially...they felt like classic Toei stalling tech.

- Sean Schemmel's Goku. It felt off...like his voice was too deep and too assholish. Which may be finally correct, as Goku is an asshole I guess.

The Bad

- The CG was ass.

- Vegeta ....
he does fuck all and when he does, he gets blown up

- The ending.
Felt rushed. Goku wafflestomps Frieza. Gets shot by a dude. Vegeta steps in, owns him, Frieza rage quits. Goku has to learn to be more of a killer (waaaat) and gets a literal do over...the end. It just kinda lack he gravitas defeating a bad guy normally holds in the series. Frieza dies like a bitch....ehhhhh

I still really liked it despite those major flaws. Probably not something I'd return to a lot tho... Interested in seeing if Super changes it up as it does need some adjustments here and there.

well...if Funi ever gets it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Get it on toonami and it can potentially can, cause its the type of show that would do well on it, in the style of cowboy bebop/trigun/etc. that has a really good dub that translate well to a western demographic.

Get it on toonami and it can potentially can, cause its the type of show that would do well on it, in the style of cowboy bebop/trigun/etc. that has a really good dub that translate well to a western demographic.

Studio manglobe no longer exists Gangsta is never getting finished

Line_HTX

You didn't hear? Studio manglobe is donezo. Poof.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
After checking the studio on wiki, not only did a good number of their properties made it to toonami and adult swim, they did pretty much alot of good shit.

anime is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom