• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizerman

I'm going to assume that when Trinity Blood and Blood+ aired, the board was...something to behold, right?

Well, I did like Blood+, though.

Line_HTX

Nothing will top the insanity of running Trinity Blood and Blood+ back to back.

Trinity Blood is just wasted potential. It could've been so much more. It became the way it aired because the author died and there was no expansion of the settings of the two worlds.

I don't remember much of Blood+ because I wasn't locked in during ASA at that time. All I know is Crispin Freeman and actual cello pieces.

Trinity Blood was the first time I've heard of Clinkenbeard before she did the deep voice like Chief Warden Makina and Scarlet.

Jarate

Banned
Seda banned his own brother that tells me all I need to know

At least he didn't ban his whole clan

RyIYEql.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, so my dad was fine with downgrading the Dish package & he agreed with me paying half each month (so I'll chip in $30). Crisis adverted....now I need to keep an eye out on Simpsons DVDs (y no Blu-Ray?!) since I no longer have the Simpsons Rerun Channel (aka FXX).

Never been banned thankfully, though I'm the type to sometimes question "is this worth posting?" or just do the equivalent of writing an "angry post" but not actually post it. Also helps there's certain topics (censorship, i.e. Fatal Frame 5's bikini) I know are just a minefield & it's best to just not even go into the thread, let alone post.

i got banned for recommending School Days

I have never seen School Days

Never been banned thankfully, though I'm the type to sometimes question "is this worth posting?" or just do the equivalent of writing an "angry post" but not actually post it. Also helps there's certain topics (censorship, i.e. Fatal Frame 5's bikini) I know are just a minefield & it's best to just not even go into the thread, let alone post.

Yeah I do that too, that thread is just warmup for when it happens to Xenoblade Chronicles X and FE Fates anyway, especially FE where they censored an ass in a bikini in a fanservice beach dlc

Jarate

Banned
Who the fuck plays Fire Emblem for purposes other then playing the best SRPG battle system evar

EDIT: One day you'll post something about Seda's waifu and he'll ban you for it. NEVER TALK SHIT ABOUT SEDA'S WAIFU

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah I do that too, that thread is just warmup for when it happens to Xenoblade Chronicles X and FE Fates anyway, especially FE where they censored an ass in a bikini in a fanservice beach dlc
At least Awakening's censoring felt off to most people. Fates, however, is going to be interesting to see.

Just glad nobody complains at changing the number, like that one girl in Xenoblade X being aged from 13 to 15.

Thankfully, this community feels more logical/less "GRR NEED TO ATTACK THOSE WHO DISAGREE" when it comes to certain topics like when something is censored on Toonami.

I dislike censorship at the same time unless its noticeably distracting I generally have no problem aka no real problem with FF5's censorship as the gist of whats happening to the girls comes across even in less skimpy outfits.

Line_HTX

i got banned for recommending School Days

I have never seen School Days

That was funny, because I was like what the hell happened, as you're always active everywhere, and a guy in the Persona community got hit too. This was after a repeated warning not to do that in AnimeGAF. Though I understand why it happened, as people were not putting caveats and cautions in their recommendations.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
FE started getting fan service heavy with the third game. It's just gone from 80's and 90's anime tropes to 10's anime tropes.

Seda

I should get around to either replaying Awakening or trying some of the DLC. I can pick up other Fire Emblem games multiple times really, really easily but Awakening I have little desire to put back into my 3DS. Was ultimately disappointed with it, I guess.

I am currently playing Secret of Mana. Sprites <3

This post is off-topic.

Jarate

Banned
I should get around to either replaying Awakening or trying some of the DLC. I can pick up other Fire Emblem games multiple times really, really easily but Awakening I have little desire to put back into my 3DS. Was ultimately disappointed with it, I guess.

I am currently playing Secret of Mana. Sprites <3

This post is off-topic.

Me and my friend beat Secret of Mana in a 3 day span recently

super fun game, wish it would get a port with online multiplayer

Soulflarz

Banned
Can someone gather the data for off topic discussions in any given time period in here and how many of them are about FE? I feel like a lot of them are about FE.

I think Cia in Hyrule Warriors is hilarious...

She's the yandere part of a godless that wants Link's dick, and hates Zelda.

Hmmm....can't get the dick in the current reality?

BETTER DESTROY REALITY!

Crocodile

Are you trying to say that there wasn't any fanservice anime in the 80's and 90's?

He's saying the opposite, that fanservice has been there all along. Just that in the past it was influenced and styled in the manner of classic anime rather than modern anime. Just like how classic Street Fighter (to say nothing of modern Street Fighter) has strong anime elements but since it was made/influenced by the 80's/90's anime, people who are blinded by nostalgia like to pretend Street Fighter isn't "anime".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom