• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno man FE6 is kinda rough, I like it as I like all FE games that aren't on the NES but it shows it's age when you go back to it even just compared to FE7.

I actually like it more than FE7. I like the levels and music much more, even if FE7 fixes some of the mechanics and makes Rogue's not useless. I also prefer the characters (supports and villains) more as well.

Besides Alvis, I can't think of a better Fire Emblem villain than Zephiel.

I actually like it more than FE7. I like the levels and music much more, even if FE7 fixes some of the mechanics and makes Rogue's not useless. I also prefer the characters (supports and villains) more as well.

Besides Alvis, I can't think of a better Fire Emblem villain than Zephiel.

Zephiel is a great boss and some of the support characters are really good, I just found most of the main cast in FE6 to be dull Roy never really captured me though he is more compelling then Eliwood.

Line_HTX

Boy, we went somewhere...

I never played these, so I know nothing.

I think I'll make an effort to be home earlier for the Halloween Akame marathon. I don't know, I'm trying to get reacquainted with Parasyte, but it's getting difficult to stomach. And I'm always behind on Michiko. Maybe I shouldn't have bought it at San Japan just so I'll have more of a reason to post during it.

I guess I'll catch up to it now that got pushed to 12:30 (Central).

bigkrev

I'm reading through old issues of EGM each night

Did you know there was a Yu Yu Hakusho game for the 3DO of all platforms? Apparently it was a perfectly serviceable fighter for its time

Zephiel is a great boss and some of the support characters are really good, I just found most of the main cast in FE6 to be dull Roy never really captured me though he is more compelling then Eliwood.

Yup, as far as main characters go, I've never really found a main character I really liked until Ike honestly (though I never played 1,2,3, or 5) unless you count Hector and Lyn as the main character.

I just kind of love the fact that Roy is very useless in late game, until he can finally promote for story reasons and then becomes godlike and pretty much the only character in my party that could do any significant damage to Zephiel.

I still find the fact that Awakening's antagonists are a desert based people who are evil because the god they worship is evil pretty tone deaf.

Fire Emblem has the same plot every game with names replaced so that didn't bother me at all

MC is from a Small Country (usually nobility) fight the big empire, the empire has a sorcerer who wants to revive a God or a Dragon, you fight said God or Dragon at the end

Fire Emblem has the same plot every game with names replaced so that didn't bother me at all

Small Country (usually nobility) fight the big empire, the empire has a sorcerer who wants to revive a God or a Dragon, you fight said God or Dragon at the end

tumblr_mm3d53Y8ng1rl6ypdo1_500.gif

Seda

Canon names are boring.

Did you know there are like 5 people named Seda in the Suikoden-verse? How strange.

Also I haven't met a girl yet.

Canon names are boring.

Did you know there are like 5 people named Seda in the Suikoden-verse? How strange.

Also I haven't met a girl yet.

Yeah Secret of Mana is kind of interesting in that depending upon how you do things you'll encounter either girl or sprite first and in different circumstances if you do. I remember getting sprite first, getting stuck and reading a guide that mentioned a scene I never saw and girl joining well before sprite joined.

Remember Ike and Elincia? From the Fire Emblem gamecube and wii games?

Remember how they
sunk that ship?

IKE JUST LEAVES THE FREAKING THE CONTINENT!

Yeah that's a sunk ship that still seems strange to me as PoR pushed Ike x Elincia hard then RD was all like LOL NOPE Elincia x Geoffrey and Ike x Soren. TBF the latter was also a DTL option in PoR but RD basically made it canon. Multiple elements of RD's plot felt planned for/teased in PoR, that was not one of them.

Seda

i appreciate they avoided the bland route there. also i never really felt a strong push in that direction anyway.

Raxus

While We Go is the longest running OP in the series, it's only barely so. It only lasted a couple episodes longer than OP2 (Believe) did.

Unless, of course, you're only going by the Funimation simulcast stream version...

I am still salty we missed Hands Up! for no good reason at all. It is a pretty good opening too.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I know basically nothing about AGK. But considering they've been killing off the members of Night Raid in roughly the order of how good their VA's are I guess that

Ej74vO4.gif

Is marked for death.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We'll have to keep watching & find out.

No, seriously, I don't know, first time watching this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom