• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Okay, just making sure because this is my 2nd attempt at watching after dropping it at episode 3.

Not like it matters in the end, but for the most part I want to be thoroughly entertained with this horrendous dub without any dumb spoilers.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
O70np8z.jpg

LOLDSFAN

This thread is going pretty fast this week.

Newest post for me is the Kyoto Animation one and I see I'm already 3 pages behind.

Moaradin

I thought the first season of Tokyo Ghoul was pretty mediocre. The pacing was terrible. I heard the season season was even worse. Didn't even bother with that.

Kinda the reason I consider Viz to be a huge question mark. I think they're still open to putting stuff on Toonami, but considering the only stuff they've given us is really popular, I do wonder if only shows like Bleach and Naruto and InuYasha (at least with the AS audience) make their asking prices reasonable; they seem to fully embrace Hulu as an alternative, maybe even as a first choice.

Saw the Black Lagoon Premium Edition trailer on Youtube and now I miss Black Lagoon. We need another Seinen type anime that kicks ass like Black Lagoon.

Saw the Black Lagoon Premium Edition trailer on Youtube and now I miss Black Lagoon. We need another Seinen type anime that kicks ass like Black Lagoon.

Rei Hiroe has one job, and that's to make Black Lagoon dammit.

And the series has been on hiatus so much, that it's started hanging out Berserk and HunterxHunter.

is that one good or bad?

It's a very love it or hate it show.

It's bizarre to put it lightly.

If there was a show I could put on Toonami just to see people's reactions, it would be Texhnolyze. The show is probably the darkest thing I've ever watched, and one of the slowest burns I've ever seen. It's a great show, but boy is it difficult to watch in some regards. It's a show that isn't designed in the typical sense, to entertain you. The first episode makes that pretty clear.

Also, I want to see people react to the eye scene.

Well, I would put Texhnolyze or Cat Planet Cuties.

Both reactions would entertain me greatly.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ergo Proxy is great, though it kind of requires you to put in actual effort in order to be able to enjoy it properly. It makes all kinds of obscure philosophical and mythical references, and it goes about its exposition in an extremely obtuse manner, so it's very easy to "not get it."

Also, Pino is the best.

Made by the same guy who made SAO, but the gulf in quality is pretty big

I can say with certainty some of the bullshit pulled in SAO isn't pulled in Accel World.
There might be a metaphor for one of the main female characters getting raped later on though. Depends on whether or not you read mind linking with a person as being intimate or not. Series seems to view it that way. :|

Haruyuki is like Kirito's exact opposite though.
But he still gets all the girls

Moaradin

Accel World is a lot better. It still has all the dumb pandering power fantasies that SAO has. Of course all the girls in the show fall in love with this whiny, 2ft tall nerd kid. The battles were kinda interesting though. I remember wanting to hurry up and get to the game parts whenever the real life "drama" stuff started lol.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Viz seems to like Hulu.
Viz has always had a strong relationship with Hulu. Even their video player is just Hulu with an overlay.

I imagine we won't see many Viz shows anymore (not that we have been...). Toonami will probably just have older shows like Shippuden and Inuyasha. Guess that leaves the door open for slightly old shows like Tiger & Bunny though.

Line_HTX

I hope Line is happy! Cubs got swept :(

You're making it sound like I'm the cause of this, haha.

I got embarrassed enough already with ConfusingJazz calling me out and having pie on my face, the least I could do is enjoy this sweep!

OH~HOHOHO OH~HOHOhohoho...

is that one good or bad?

Difficult to say. It's one of those where you either like it or don't. It feels kind of like Witch Hunter Robin and Wolf's Rain except darker and DARKER, SO DARK that you have to watch it with all the lights off, haha

Ergo Proxy and Texhnolyze did air on TV at one point...

On a random rock music video channel Fuse. They randomly had an anime block and showed both of them, and even re-ran them.

Actually no, I saw Texhnolyze on STARZ back when I had Time Warner Cable. IIRC it was a nightly thing and it also had a mini-block as well.

I wish Ergo Proxy had a gag reel like Texhnolyze though... It would've been the funniest shit I've seen with that setting. I'm glad Justin Cook killed it with Texhnolyze, LOL and both shows have Patrick Seitz IIRC.

Also, Re-L Mayer is the best. =D

Got it! Found that chart that perfectly sums up Texhnolyze, and what it's like to watch it.

Holy shit, that was how I felt, and I was barely paying attention half the time!!

I should rewatch this just so I could understand and remember why I put up with it in the first place. Damn same creators as Lain. This shit was darker than Lain, IMO.

Accel World is a lot better. It still has all the dumb pandering power fantasies that SAO has. Of course all the girls in the show fall in love with this whiny, 2ft tall nerd kid. The battles were kinda interesting though. I remember wanting to hurry up and get to the game parts whenever the real life "drama" stuff started lol.

Eh, at least Haru is weak from day one and has to work to be powerful as opposed to Kirito who's just broken from day 1.

Line_HTX

Oh, I see you took off the Yukiko dunce. Sometimes I got you confused with another user with the same avatar, (Something)Luis.

*Thumbs up

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Who has Stardust Crusaders again? Warner Bros.? Sounds pretty random if you ask me.
It's a Viz licensed, Warner distributed, Bang Zoom dubbed series.

Warner is likely only distributing it to protect it from the music liscensing/copyright issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom