• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a series ends up on hulu/netflix its probably not a death sentence for it to come to Toonami but it'll certainly delay it for years. As something like M&H shows they're not afraid to get something late if they think it'll resonate with their audience. Aren't InuYasha FA and Shippuden also on Hulu?

BBboy20

_68934.jpg
71ddcYI3K-L.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
See guys, hollywood CAN make good adaptations of manga!

......they just have to be of stuff you never knew was manga before hearing about the film.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Didn't the film go through like 2 or 3 different titles before the final one? Either way, yeah, I rather liked it, though the ending was a bit confusing to think about.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta wonder what Demarco and Gill are up to in Japan. Has to be for Dragon Ball Super, right? What else could be so important (and unlicensed) that they would need to actually travel over there?

Moaradin

Special announcement and that TOHO registered domain a few days ago. Anime announcement seems pretty certain at this point.

I'm just a little worried that it might be too soon. MHA deserves a proper adaption.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Gotta wonder what Demarco and Gill are up to in Japan. Has to be for Dragon Ball Super, right? What else could be so important (and unlicensed) that they would need to actually travel over there?

It's definitely Super, they're gonna make sure they get it. It could be the new Titan season as well though. Imagine Super at 11 and Titan at 11:30. The ratings would be bonkers.

Raxus

It's definitely Super, they're gonna make sure they get it. It could be the new Titan season as well though. Imagine Super at 11 and Titan at 11:30. The ratings would be bonkers.

I'd be cool with that.

Also, bring MHA to Toonami. I've been wanting a Super Hero show since Tiger and Bunny.

Could also be for that anime Funi is helping fund Dimension W or w/e its called.

Man, what is it about releases of Assassin Creed that get people so riled up in the gaming side?

Is it just because it's popular? Loads of stuff is popular that I don't personally care for. Doesn't mean I'm gonna go around calling people who do like that stuff hack frauds tho.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
AssCreed was always bad, it just took some people 5 or 7 games to figure that out

AssCreed II is one of the all-time great sequels, in the sense that it takes an original but flawed idea and turns it into it's most polished, idealized form.

It's too bad that the series, at least after Brotherhood, has never really hit that mark again. The IP is definitely in need of a serious break.

Seda

I liked AC2 and Brotherhood enough, while Revelations felt more of the same. I never played 3 or beyond, but I feel Ubisoft-style open world doesn't work well as an annualized release. (Heck there were kinda two mainline-style AssCreed games last year.)

I imagine something like Grand Theft Auto would also become pretty stale if there was a new game every year. (I haven't played GTA, just assuming)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
AssCreed II is one of the all-time great sequels, in the sense that it takes an original but flawed idea and turns it into it's most polished, idealized form.

It's too bad that the series, at least after Brotherhood, has never really hit that mark again. The IP is definitely in need of a serious break.

It gets an 11 month break after each and every game!

Jarate

Banned
2 I think was the only legit great Assassins Creed game. Black Flag is only fun because of the ship battles and brotherhood was just kind of fun to dick around in

It's a shame that it's the only AAA "historical" game being made.

Grexeno

Jason and Gill could be discussing funding terms for what will eventually be the best anime of all time.

Or they could be on vacation in Japan.

Crocodile

WAY TOO SOON for a MHA anime. I'm super apprehensive :/

Jason and Gill could be discussing funding terms for what will eventually be the best anime of all time.

Or they could be on vacation in Japan.

Though I'm sure they are good friends outside the office, how often do co-workers take vacations together? Especially as just a pair and not part of a large group or with their spouses/family?

jason said it was a very short trip so i doubt it was a vacation :p

Also this

WAY TOO SOON for a MHA anime. I'm super apprehensive :/
Hopefully it's just a 26-episode season. But if it's Toei, then I can just imagine the latest chapter being dragged out into a full episode with random cutting to the other characters doing stuff but not anything that would actually demonstrate progress.

So which should we go with for the next “Let’s Watch?”

http://myanimelist.net/anime/10620/Mirai_Nikki_(TV)
with Dub

http://myanimelist.net/anime/12531/Sakamichi_no_Apollon
No dub

Any other suggestions?

Out of those, I'd prefer Kids on the Slope.

Hopefully it's just a 26-episode season. But if it's Toei, then I can just imagine the latest chapter being dragged out into a full episode with random cutting to the other characters doing stuff but not anything that would actually demonstrate progress.

Out of those, I'd prefer Kids on the Slope.

There's quiet a few spots a hypothetical mha anime could use filler to extend canon scenes that were kept brief in the manga without it feeling that intrusive.

There's quiet a few spots a hypothetical mha anime could use filler to extend canon scenes that were kept brief in the manga without it feeling that intrusive.

Right after the fight with Stain, we get a filler arc about a guy exactly like Stain except he has lightning powers. Wait, that's Studio Pierrot.

OK, Deku has to spend an episode taking care of a baby with superpowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom