• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right after the fight with Stain, we get a filler arc about a guy exactly like Stain except he has lightning powers. Wait, that's Studio Pierrot.

OK, Deku has to spend an episode taking care of a baby with superpowers.

Nah I'm thinking like after the Stain arc the race test thing where the class gets to see how far Deku's abilities have progressed, that race could be a full episode with just Deku's race or it could show races after his where the other characters get some spot light.

Grexeno

Let's just wait for more information, like the studio, before we speculate on My Hero Academia filler.

Let's also not talk so openly about events in a series that doesn't quite have an anime yet but still has a high potential of being on Toonami.

So this week on Toonami, we have Goku suffering more brain damage, a wonderfully hammy Texas accent on M&H, and Shikamaru slowly becoming more Batman like.

Should be fun.

Crocodile

Is the Bleach Manga almost done? No point starting the anime back up unless the manga ending is in sight or at least Kubo has a DEFINITIVE ending point he can share with anime staff and time the new anime and the manga ending at the same time ala FMA Brotherhood.

Didn't Bleach enter its final arc like 2-3 years ago?

It started out pretty good. Killed off some characters. Gave us a threatening enemy.

Brought
Aizen back, and had him beat people up while being tied to a chair.

That...that actually happens.

Maybe they're closing the deal on funding for Space Dandy season 3.

believe-gif.59

Grexeno

Is the Bleach Manga almost done? No point starting the anime back up unless the manga ending is in sight or at least Kubo has a DEFINITIVE ending point he can share with anime staff and time the new anime and the manga ending at the same time ala FMA Brotherhood.
It's in what should be the final series of fights, but Kubo is talented at dragging things out. Even then, if a series begins production soon, the manga should be far enough ahead.

I'd prefer if a new Bleach anime had the ability to cut stuff out instead of being a slavish adaptation. If they focus on the good parts and skip or shorten the weak parts, then maybe we could get something decently paced and maybe even enjoyable.

I mean it's hard to tell because it's Bleach there's been 168 chapters since where the anime ended and where the manga currently is, but considering at times 4-6 chapters adapted from the manga lead to a poorly paced anime episode who knows. That and it's not like Bleach isn't afraid of doing pointless filler in the middle of canon arcs/battles. There's arguably filler in the god damn manga.

It's in what should be the final series of fights, but Kubo is talented at dragging things out. Even then, if a series begins production soon, the manga should be far enough ahead.

I mean it's not like these fights are any longer then any other fight in Bleach starting with the Soul Society arc..

I read the Bleach manga a while back and it kind of amazes me that people can follow it week to week. I wouldn't have the patience.

It takes like 30 seconds to read most chapters.

This, it frequently releases at the same time as OP and serves as a good appetizer. Often times I feel like a chapter has just gotten started when it's ending and I actually have to double back to make sure I actually didn't skip multiple chapters.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The PS2/PSP games are the disappointing ones despite Sony, you know, sponsoring the show.

Out of the big three I'd say One Piece surprisingly has the worst games. This was absolutely the case before this generation when they got Pirate Warriors, before the Adventure series were the only good games.

Yeah, it's really strange how most One Piece games are middling to bad.

You'd think a OP game done up like the Storm games would sell gangbusters in Japan and do decently in the West. Burning Blood seems ok, but not as good cinematically as CC2's efforts.

Line_HTX

It's weird how Namco has Naruto and One Piece games nowadays but not Bleach.

At least Namco is going all out for SAO games for the PS4, LOL

AssCreed II is one of the all-time great sequels, in the sense that it takes an original but flawed idea and turns it into it's most polished, idealized form.

It's too bad that the series, at least after Brotherhood, has never really hit that mark again. The IP is definitely in need of a serious break.

Not true. 2, Brotherhood, and 4 were all fantastic but the yearly sequels are clearly trading its toll.

I never got this, I thought 2 still played like ass while ditching a lot of cool shit about the first game like actually planning out Assassinations and gathering info. My favorite thing about 2 was the Truth puzzles, so when they stopped making those I stopped caring. Overall AssCreed has had like 20 games in 7 years yet they can never do the most basic thing to make me care - make it control and play good.

4 is good until you have to do AssCreed stuff and it turns into the most boring and awful insta-fail tailing missions of all time which says a LOT about that series

I was in Seattle all day. Downtown Seattle is just built on a hill. My feet hurt.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's weird how Namco has Naruto and One Piece games nowadays but not Bleach.

At least Namco is going all out for SAO games for the PS4, LOL

Bleach's popularity in Japan has dropped like a stone in a bottomless well. Manga sales have gone downhill, the weekly rankings always have it in the Bottom 5, of course the anime is dead, I'm surprised the manga isn't being rushed into endgame.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bleach's popularity in Japan has dropped like a stone in a bottomless well. Manga sales have gone downhill, the weekly rankings always have it in the Bottom 5, of course the anime is dead, I'm surprised the manga isn't being rushed into endgame.
Maybe it keeps going because it has a lot of heart.

bigkrev

The PS2/PSP games are the disappointing ones despite Sony, you know, sponsoring the show.

Out of the big three I'd say One Piece surprisingly has the worst games. This was absolutely the case before this generation when they got Pirate Warriors, before the Adventure series were the only good games.

I payed 70ish dollars to import Bleach Heat the Soul 2, and felt I got my monies worth.

I'm SURE it does not hold up, but man, I remember playing the hell out of that game while sitting in the car being driven to all of these college visits.

Crocodile

Bleach has a shit story and only a handful of worthwhile characters. As such, a new Bleach anime will only be appealing if its well-paced, gets Shiro Sagisu back to continue providing rocking tunes and is well animated with hype fight scenes. Falter in any of those ways and its a worthless affair. As such, I'm opposed to a new adaptation unless the endgame is actually in sight. Its the type of series that doesn't need to be more than 52 episodes long.

Gigant Battle series on the DS, Grand Battle Rush on the PS2 and The Unlimited series are GOAT tho.

Gigant Battle is good, I forgot about that. Unlimited are great games. But everything before that....yesh. The GCN games were especially disappointing.

Well, thankfully I never played any of those.

Ah Psh-shaw. Toonami spoiled a good chunk of the movie and revealed SSGSS with its preview if I recall. and what I posted barely counted as a spoiler, the name is dumb and long the manga is only pointing it out.

I know. The Kakashi gif has become a running gag for this OT.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*scrolls through twitter feed*

"The best ways to approach sex in anime"

*picture of Shokugeki no Soma group shot*

.....uh, IGN, I don't think you've actually SEEN that series....

.........or for that matter, according to the comments, they don't even TALK about the show in the video.....so why use it for the thumbnail on twitter?

.........or for that matter, according to the comments, they don't even TALK about the show in the video.....so why use it for the thumbnail on twitter?

....They're still better than Kotaku.

Not saying much to be sure.

Hmm why would they use a new popular anime full of naked hot girls having make shift orgasms as a thumbnail... Hmm

MHA anime by
Toei

Is that confirmed?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmm why would they use a new popular anime full of naked hot girls having make shift orgasms as a thumbnail... Hmm
To LIE, that's what. There wasn't a single scene where something was cooked up involving hot dogs & clams.

For some reason, this reminds me of when Fox News said Mass Effect had hardcore sex scenes.

Line_HTX

Did you actually listen to what they were talking about? Also, one of the hosts was raving about Food Wars in another video, so I think a few of them have actually SEEN the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom