• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

Im still surprised the naruto games are way better than the show, even in terms of animation.

If you mean clash of ninja (RIP), sure.
Ninja Storm is just as bland and forgettable as the worst filler.

The fact that pokken takes from NS makes me almost completely uninterested in the game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
zM0tdqX.gif

BBboy20

AssCreed II is one of the all-time great sequels, in the sense that it takes an original but flawed idea and turns it into it's most polished, idealized form.

It's too bad that the series, at least after Brotherhood, has never really hit that mark again. The IP is definitely in need of a serious break.
I liked AC2 and Brotherhood enough, while Revelations felt more of the same. I never played 3 or beyond, but I feel Ubisoft-style open world doesn't work well as an annualized release. (Heck there were kinda two mainline-style AssCreed games last year.)

I imagine something like Grand Theft Auto would also become pretty stale if there was a new game every year. (I haven't played GTA, just assuming)
Announcing 4 mere months after 3 alone was what got me off the series. But yeah, Hitman, even with it's streamlining, is still a better murder simulator then whatever AC is now but I suppose most don't care.

....They're still better than Kotaku.

Not saying much to be sure.
But dem Jason Scheier articles...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did you actually listen to what they were talking about? Also, one of the hosts was raving about Food Wars in another video, so I think a few of them have actually SEEN the show.
Yeah, it was about sex in anime.

There is no sex in Shokugeki no Soma. It's not called Sutrageki no Sexa.

Line_HTX

Yeah, it was about sex in anime.

There is no sex in Shokugeki no Soma. It's not called Sutrageki no Sexa.

I don't know if you know this, but the artist for Shokugeki no Soma is Shun Saeki, who is also a popular well known H veteran artist. (NSFW)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edit: The IGN video in question was interesting itself. They were talking on how Gangsta approached it compared with other animes. I do agree with you that they should not have used a Food Wars cover for their tweet and video thumbnail.

Somehow by just checking out what the hub-bub is on IGN, I got drawn into listening their other videos on summer anime and other things currently, including their super long ass podcast on best and worst of fanservice.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, that was the crossover chapter, which had Nami from One Piece (though no Sanji, an actual cook?).

All seriousness, I might check it out, though I'd prefer articles instead of videos. Wasn't their newest one about "3 types of fanservice that needs to change"? Depending on the length, might give some of those anime podcasts a listen to since I'm starving for podcasts to keep me entertained during work. Already have 4 (2 of which are from Toonami Faithful), but helps to have variety.

Line_HTX

Oh yeah, that was the crossover chapter, which had Nami from One Piece (though no Sanji, an actual cook?).

All seriousness, I might check it out, though I'd prefer articles instead of videos. Wasn't their newest one about "3 types of fanservice that needs to change"? Depending on the length, might give some of those anime podcasts a listen to since I'm starving for podcasts to keep me entertained during work. Already have 4 (2 of which are from Toonami Faithful), but helps to have variety.

Maybe UltraChenTV or ATP Live?

Oh, I must've missed that one. Now I kind of want to know their suggestions on changing fanservice.

Jarate

Banned
It's been a very strange 24 hours on GAF....

I recently downloaded a 2006 Bryan and Vinny show reviewing OVW and Smackdown. Remember when there was a Mini's division?

Ive been checking around and there seems to be a few thread graveyards

Also, One Punch Man needs to be on Toonami

Seda

I'd prefer articles instead of videos.

dont really care about the rest of the context of this conversation, but articles >>> videos most of the time. I can read faster than the time it takes most people to meander in video footage to get to the point of whatever subject they are trying to talk about.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
articles are better than videos most of the time.

One of my friends also always searches for youtube videos when he's stuck in a game and I'd way rather have a plain text faq.

Seda

One of my friends also always searches for youtube videos when he's stuck in a game and I'd way rather have a plain text faq.

It's much easier to search and sift through text than potentially hours of video -_-

Jarate

Banned

Nothing is worse then going onto gamefaqs for an old game, finding 1 faq on the site, andd at the part you are stuck at it says, "This boss is really easy to beat" without giving any ideas on how to beat it

Nothing is worse then going onto gamefaqs for an old game, finding 1 faq on the site, andd at the part you are stuck at it says, "This boss is really easy to beat" without giving any ideas on how to beat it

Yep, pretty much the equivalent of going onto a tech forum, finding the issue and the OP posting FIXED IT THANKS without saying how

Man God

Non-Canon Member

FAQS have really come a long way. But I'm an old man, so I know how to play those old ass games and give advice like that! NES era equivalent of git gud.

Seda

i played faxanadu
last weekend
it had text
like this

"
Do you want
a treatment?
It is 1000 golds
, please.
Don't try
too hard.
"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i played faxanadu
last weekend
it had text
like this

"
Do you want
a treatment?
It is 1000 golds
, please.
Don't try
too hard.
"
....still....better....than....xenogears...a...game...that...came...out...almost...a...decade...later.

Mizerman

Same.

While I would use a video guide at times, I mainly rely on text to get the job done.

Jarate

Banned
NES Localizations are the best

I'd imagine so many were just done by a random dev at the studio in Japan who remembered english the best from High School

Seda

NES Localizations are the best

I'd imagine so many were just done by a random dev at the studio in Japan who remembered english the best from High School

Not NES, but supposedly Secret of Mana was a single month project from Woolsey.

I am terrible with the off-topic chatter this week, I apologize.

Line_HTX

This whole week has been interesting, to say the least, haha...

Forget eating candy, Seda, you going to watch the marathon with us next weekend?

I'm thinking of all the different UGH faces you'd make, lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Depends on the game. Usually, text is fine, but other times, it can be helpful having a video showing you how to do something/go somewhere/finding an hidden item, like when I miss something in Yoshi's Woolly World.

Articles, yes, I am a fast reader, so do that instead of a video, or offer the transcript for those who wish to read rather than watch. I know IGN sometimes does that for their reviews.

Jarate

Banned
actually what's way worse is when you're looking up a youtube video on how to do something, and the video starts out with

HEY GUYS THIS IS XXX-420_NARUTO HERE AND IM ABOUT TO TELL YOU GUYS HOW TO DO XXXXXXX

and then they play a 60 second intro video done in like in windows movie maker, followed by them spending 2-3 minutes explaining everything about the thing that you want too see, and then they do it fucking once and end the video

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
actually what's way worse is when you're looking up a youtube video on how to do something, and the video starts out with

HEY GUYS THIS IS XXX-420_NARUTO HERE AND IM ABOUT TO TELL YOU GUYS HOW TO DO XXXXXXX

and then they play a 60 second intro video done in like in windows movie maker, followed by them spending 2-3 minutes explaining everything about the thing that you want too see, and then they do it fucking once and end the video
& then they replace the game audio with generic heavy rock & ends with HEY WAS THAT HELPFUL, THEN LIKE & SUBSCRIBE & COMMENT!

The only walkthroughs I watch are the ones from Two Best Friends.

Their unprofessional professionalism is an inspiration to internet dwellers everywhere.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not NES, but supposedly Secret of Mana was a single month project from Woolsey.

I am terrible with the off-topic chatter this week, I apologize.

The art of localization is part and parcel with one of the themes of this thread, i.e. dubbed anime.

Also Woosley did FF VI in a similar amount of time and it's pretty good. SOM's narrative problems come less with the time it took and more with the fact that it's a reversioned Super NES Playstation game with a ton of the story content mixed around and or cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom