• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ABAJ ABAJ ABAJ! What a beautiful Duwang!
Part 4 animated is going to be epic.

I believe the My Hero Academia announcement is a spin-off manga. It's way too early to announce an anime.

Not really, D-Gray Man's anime was announced around this point as well (only know as I just read the part where it was announced in the late 60s early 70s of chapters)

The spin-off manga was already announced. There's still a "huge announcement" coming this week.

Yep MHA is coming for sure

Line_HTX

CSF1WomUcAEhT-p.jpg:large

MGS Mine, courtesy of @ChristinaMarieK

It looks like Mine is ditching the twintails.

Line_HTX

I never watched FMP before. I don't see the hype. Plus I can tell one of the characters looks super obnoxious, the kind that hits you at the drop of a hat.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Two Fire Emblem games, Bravely Default 2, Ace Attorney 6 announced for localization.

Xenoblade X coming out....it's generally been a good year. HxH dub.

Jarate

Banned
This has been a top tier year for "people who like Japanese culture but aren't exactly weaboos"

Lastr nail in the coffin would be Jojo on TV

Gotta be honest, not really sure why Nier has such a cult following. I'll admit I only played it once, and apparently in order to really get Nier you have to play it multiple times.

But I think that it's lame that the game does that. I shouldn't have to go through boring gameplay sections multiple times to get a finished story.

Seda

official xanadu next localization get hype

Gotta be honest, not really sure why Nier has such a cult following. I'll admit I only played it once, and apparently in order to really get Nier you have to play it multiple times.

But I think that it's lame that the game does that. I shouldn't have to go through boring gameplay sections multiple times to get a finished story.

I played Nier two months ago and didn't care too much for it. But blitzing through the second half again takes no time at all, really.

Jarate

Banned

But I think that it's lame that the game does that. I shouldn't have to go through the boring gameplay multiple times to get a finished story.

It was incredibly experimental and did a lot too push the idea of what type of stories video games can provide.

It's not a "good game" perse (I personally liked the gameplay but thought that the pacing and some stuff was really 'clunky") but it's an experience you are not going to get anywhere else.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Drakengard/Nier are not fun games to play but they have good stories....well besides D2 and maybe D3 as I don't think I ever got around to it.

Platinum is all about making games fun to play. I think this is a great match.

Soulflarz

Banned
Drakengard/Nier are not fun games to play but they have good stories....well besides D2 and maybe D3 as I don't think I ever got around to it.

Platinum is all about making games fun to play. I think this is a great match.

Yep.

If you're playing Nier, you aren't playing it for the gameplay at all. You're doing it to experience the unique story it tells with a stellar soundtrack. I rarely hear anyone try to defend the gameplay. The game itself makes fun of how it plays, as does Drakengard 3.

https://youtu.be/nNU1Jrh-iKg?t=3m56s spoilers for the first boss, but yeah, Tara Platt and Yuri Lowenthall being insane.

Seda

Nier's story wasn't awful but I fail to see how it's unique or stands out much from the rest.

edit: gotta be honest, how the subsequent playthroughs gave voice and perspective to the shadows felt really forced to me.

edit2: to not sound so negative, most of the desert clan scenes were good

Nier is probably my least favorite of the three Taro games. Love em all to death, but Drakengard 1 and 3 do much more interesting things with their narrative and I just love the universe so much. The speculation around how everything can connect between the three games and finding out what happened and why things happen is just something that personally hooks me (similar to the connections between Xenosaga and Xenogears).

Nier just caught on more as its a more balanced experience and has the "feels," but still has a lot of subtle and interesting twists on its narrative that you can find outside of the game itself.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OMG Part 4 Jojo anime FINALLY confirmed. It's tied for my favorite part along with Part 2, cannot wait to see it.

The spin-off manga was already announced. There's still a "huge announcement" coming this week.
SIMUDUB ON TOONAMI!!?

I think Nier is more "interesting" than "good." Though it is pretty interesting.

Also the soundtrack is cool but I don't know how people enjoy it so much when it loops like every minute or so.

Soulflarz

Banned
I think Nier is more "interesting" than "good." Though it is pretty interesting.

Also the soundtrack is cool but I don't know how people enjoy it so much when it loops like every minute or so.

When the loop is so perfect, who cares :')

Also, I have rosavamps OP stuck in my head. Now I've lost.

When the loop is so perfect, who cares :')

Also, I have rosavamps OP stuck in my head. Now I've lost.

Rosario + Vampire? As bad an adaptation as the anime is (not that the manga is amazing), I do like how the openings and endings relate to each other. In the first anime, both are actually more like two openings than an opening and an ending, with the ending even including the show's title.
First opening
First ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom